Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO BSA & All FROM BASIL 13:44 - Aug 27 with 1769 viewsBedfordseasider

With reference to Q6 on the BSA FAQ page & the last sentence of the answer that reads...

"BSA can be confident in the knowledge that BSA is not only the longest serving supporters organisation but that it will be 'A Voice' for the fans for many years to come."

BASIL would like to make the following Statement :....

On behalf of BASIL members past and present, we would like to point out that our organisation was founded in December 1979. This year will therefore be out 35th year of existence as a supporters organisation. We have supported the club through thick, thin and thinner during this period, including a share purchase in the days before Owen Oyston took control.

We therefore find it very disappointing that BSA , in your FAQ page on your website make the following claim:

" BSA can be confident in the knowledge that BSA is not only the longest serving supporters organisation"

This is plainly untrue. We would request that this is updated forthwith.

Yours
BASIL Committee.

FAO BSA & All FROM BASIL on 13:54 - Aug 27 with 1762 viewsSouthStandSeasider

Bedford,

Would you not be better off emailing the Secretary, if not already done so? I've spoken with Carol many times via email and always had a speedy response.

FAO BSA & All FROM BASIL on 14:58 - Aug 27 with 1742 viewsbottle

I think you will find that Leyland And Chorley Seasiders pre-date both BSA & BASIL also, being founded in 1970, so can claim 44 years through thin, thin, thinner, thicker, thick, really thick and thin again.

FAO BSA & All FROM BASIL on 16:17 - Aug 27 with 1721 viewsBedfordseasider

e-mail was sent to bsa prior to posting on message boards

FAO BSA & All FROM BASIL on 17:01 - Aug 27 with 1711 viewsrealistic

Well said bottle!

''quod saveris metes''

FAO BSA & All FROM BASIL on 18:04 - Aug 27 with 1689 viewsSouthshorepool

Bottle. Nice to see there is always a Leyland/Chorley contingent at every game and there has been for as long as I can remember but I don't think Ian was claiming that BASIL are the longest serving association but rather that BSA definitely isn't. All very tongue in cheek no doubt.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

FAO BSA & All FROM BASIL on 19:07 - Aug 27 with 1667 viewsFY4MIKEH

Well done BASIL and Leyland and Chorley. BSA are becoming a joke.

FAO BSA & All FROM BASIL on 20:03 - Aug 27 with 1646 viewsribble

I thought BASIL went further back than that? Wasn't there a Southern Supporters Club or some such back in the sixties/seventies which morphed into BASIL? I was a member for 20 odd years in the 80's and 90's and think I remember the likes of Piff talking about BASIL's origins.

FAO BSA & All FROM BASIL on 20:08 - Aug 27 with 1642 viewsWizaard

Can I just point out that Meduck of Yorkshire Seasiders, was at the Lincoln away game in 1896

FAO BSA & All FROM BASIL on 20:49 - Aug 27 with 1630 viewsribble

Did he bump into Piff by any chance? Maybe they shared a hackney carriage from the station.

FAO BSA & All FROM BASIL on 12:50 - Aug 28 with 1577 viewsWizaard

They both got a lift on the back of Curryman's penny farthing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024