Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back,was it bad luck?? 23:45 - Sep 16 with 753 viewschesterbfc

Just back and I,m as confused , were Watford good, in which case we were unlucky,or crap in which case we were poor. Any thoughts???

Just back,was it bad luck?? on 23:57 - Sep 16 with 749 viewsOldSkool

Somewhere inbetween.
Not crap and not good.
We could easily have scraped a draw, but Watford deserved something out of the game.

Just back,was it bad luck?? on 08:56 - Sep 17 with 699 viewsCurryman

Now I've had time to sleep on it, I'll add my ten penneth.

Once again it was a much improved performance on the first few matches, oh that we could have had a pre season, had the shot on the second minute gone in I think we would have seen a different outcome.

Their penalty was a soft one to give them and we were duly punished, our penalty miss (we hit the post Radio Lancs not the goalkeepers legs) was a tad unfortunate, Ranger is not the first to miss a penalty, but where was the back up? Why was it that Ranger had to touch the ball again a second time when there were other Tangerines on the edge of the box? The cry for a second penalty in the final minute was a good one, their player barged into the back of Miller and didn't attempt to get the ball. I would like to know which part of that the ref, who was poor all night, considered not to be a penalty.

Make no mistakes, Watford are a decent team who have played together now for three years and you could see how comfortable they were with each other's games. We, on the other hand are still getting to know each other's games, and it was telling. they were faster to the ball, more incisive in their attacking and put our goal under a good deal of pressure at times. We huffed and puffed, showed flashes of good play and passing, but too often were broken down by either an interception a poorly placed pass or a lack of idea on what to do with the ball apart from send it back to the goalkeeper.

The signs are certainly there, and I feel it will just take one win to get us going, but where is that win coming from? We are in dire need of some strengthening in most departments, particularly in midfield and if KO is serious about backing his manager, I would like to see him put his hands in his long pockets and bring some money out for a few decent loans rthan play pocket billiards until our current plight becomes an unmitigating disaster.

As a footnote I think a great deal of praise should be given to Lewis who frequently kept us in the game.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 9:01]

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Just back,was it bad luck?? on 12:30 - Sep 17 with 636 viewsProfessorTangerine

Agreed re: Lewis. Thought he was brilliant. Fast distribution, too. I even thought 'he's going to save this penalty!' Sadly not. I was right about another thing. As Ranger stepped up, I thought, 'he's going to miss this penalty.'

Considering where we are in the table and where Watford are, I thought we were quite evenly matched. We could do with somebody like that winger they brought on. How rapid was he?

And my favourite moment of the match, that made me laugh out loud with glee: the head tennis between the Oriol twins. As somebody behind me said, "they'll have been doing that since they were kids." Shame it came to nothing!

Just back,was it bad luck?? on 18:03 - Sep 17 with 597 viewschesterbfc

I thought the Oriol bros were the best act in the Pool since Charlie C,and his son at the Tower

Just back,was it bad luck?? on 22:47 - Sep 17 with 563 viewsbig_bloomers

Curryman - I feel without Lewis we would be stranded with a horrendous goal difference and I'd add that would also be true if Gilks was still in goal!!

Opposition goalkeepers may as we'll bring a deckchair with them and until we get a strong midfield this won't chase.

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Just back,was it bad luck?? on 22:58 - Sep 17 with 561 viewsBFC_Tim

I can't help feeling watching North West Tonight this evening with everyone saying that we are 'not a bad side' and 'just need a win' are deluding themselves. We are only marginally better than the side from Jan-May this year which only picked up half a dozen points.

The rot has set in and it'll take at least 5 players to come in and change that.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024