Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New blood and more effort 17:37 - Sep 17 with 1516 viewsPurpleAki

Are required to keep this board going. I can't believe people prefer the old site to this one. Today has to be the quietest day since it started, don't let it be the last.
Come on folks get posting

New blood and more effort on 22:40 - Sep 17 with 1483 viewssteve_g

I think it either needs the old site to crash - which it has done on many occasions - or people to get fed up of the vile language and attitude of some. It's certainly busier over there but some of it is bringing out the worst in our fans. Ironic thing is if everyone on here just posted one message and replied to a couple if others, it would soon get going.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

New blood and more effort on 23:13 - Sep 17 with 1477 viewsPoolman

This board ticks along nicely and has enough decent posters without having to wade through the garbage - as long as decent posters like Curryman, BRR and Wizz continue to post it'll be worth reading.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

New blood and more effort on 23:17 - Sep 17 with 1476 viewswe_are_Superior

They should rebrand this site the 'The_Run_Up_The_Hill and Phill49' don't post here board - views would go through the roof

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

New blood and more effort on 23:26 - Sep 17 with 1474 viewsbottle

I think the trouble is that an awful lot of people on this site are either thread readers or thread contributors! I probably only ever started a couple of threads on the old site, but contributed to a fair few.

Not sure what's best, do we need serial thread starters like bloodtangerine et al or are we happy not to have to wade through blatant run chasing threads about which shop sells the best undies or a debate on lager versus real ale - m&s and bitter for me by the way!

Maybe folks are happy with the more thoughtful debate in a measured progress sort of way than multi thread banality with endless repetition of arguments already done to death and thus making the site look busy.

I remember a program from years ago, Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width - which is better? And queue Harry Hill

New blood and more effort on 08:54 - Sep 18 with 1438 viewsAVFTT

We established Fansonline for 7 years and people are creatures of habit and go where the crowds and familiar posters are. We're getting decent traffic on here but just not that volume of posts. Feel free to spread the word and get mates registering and posting. In the 5 weeks we've been going, registrations have seen nearly 1500 users join. Incidentally in that time we've only had to remove a couple of posts and get rid of one particularly abusive poster - seems the new mods gave the same old problems on the other board!

New blood and more effort on 09:22 - Sep 18 with 1430 viewsronsonmg

I`ve posted new threads and posted on treads, maybe my treads aren't interesting enough, because most go ignored. I think its down to most of the posters on the old site just don`t want to change or actually like being abused and bad mouthed at my other posters. It will take time for old posters to change, I think this site will win them over in the end.

New blood and more effort on 17:25 - Sep 18 with 1389 viewsCurryman

Thank you poolman for calling me a decent poster (nearly missed the t in that word).

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

New blood and more effort on 20:17 - Sep 18 with 1362 viewsTejas

Patience is all that’s need for this site to be honest. I don’t mind the other site, in fact I used it a lot a few years ago but it’s very monotone now and dominated by a handful of posters that command opinion. I’m not criticising it, it’s horses for courses and if people want to have the same debate endlessly then that’s up to them. I prefer this site and think it will get busier with time.

New blood and more effort on 19:26 - Sep 19 with 1310 viewsBFC_Tim

Tejas - maybe something to do with my feelings about Blackpool FC but I find that I rarely go on the internet to look at the forums nowadays. The old AVFTT has become a one agenda item and they don't even mention the game on there - too obsessed with KO - problem is if too many take their eye off the ball or get tired of it all then there'll be nothing left to fight for.

This board has some good posters and interesting topics - I've told a few about it and so in the fullness of time it may well see an increase in traffic.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

New blood and more effort on 22:17 - Sep 19 with 1298 viewswespens

Stange how this thread has been the busiest for a while but I think again proved the quality of posters on this board and the fact if we all stick with it we can get some decent debate and conversation going - think the important thing in the early days is to encourage each other by replying to threads and starting new debates!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

New blood and more effort on 23:45 - Sep 19 with 1286 viewsbig_bloomers

Any suggestions for a fresh recruitment drive? I think the problem is that so many fans just have Fansonline as a bookmark page, they probably are unaware of the existence of this site or that alot of people have now come over here.

Maybe a plane flying over Bloomfield Road?! Although knowing Karl he'd shoot it down!!

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

New blood and more effort on 01:18 - Sep 20 with 1277 viewshertfordseasider

Listen to yourselves! You have nearly all criticised the old board and made an en masse condemnation of the users there, these are the very people that should have come over here in the first place, but because the old site remained and remains posters have stayed with it because it has what they want still. It may have the odd spat, but it is a massively busy mb and you are bound to get a mixture. When this site opened it really needed the other to close and I know that is what those who set this one up were told was going to happen, but it didn't.

Wiz and Curryman post on the other board too, I post on both, but sadly this place is like tumbleweed Arizona, it just isn't going and it is t getting any busier.

The few who post on here regularly never really posted much on the old site and whilst the other site is operating and you have Vital and BHS, you won't get this place going, it is just the way it has worked out. If fansonline had closed then all those you are moaning about would be on here and this place would be buzzing, but then you would all hate it if you hate the old site.

In summing up, if what has been posted on this thread is your recruitment drive I suggest you need a new head of recruitment!

New blood and more effort on 08:09 - Sep 20 with 1247 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

More to the point Pete, have you eaten that computer yet?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

New blood and more effort on 08:52 - Sep 20 with 1235 viewshertfordseasider

Ahem!

My post wasn't a pop Robbie, I know we spoke about what happened at Millwall, if things had gone how they should then this place would be packed, it was unfortunate and no ones fault of those who initiated the move. I wish there was just the one place, not 2, the other place is far busier but is more like an old Wild West town now, this place is more like a ghost town, it would be better if it was all one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024