Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage 19:17 - Sep 19 with 911 viewsrigabeliever

Having seen what has happened at Fulham and Cardiff this week. will we ever get to the sack Riga stage? Just thinking it now seems strange that under the same conditions that so many fans wanted rid of Ince at the start of this year and yet I haven't heard one dissenting voice about Jose.

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 19:24 - Sep 19 with 909 viewsBFC_Tim

I don't think it will get to that stage - lose tomorrow and Riga has to get new players in before the Norwich game and if that is reliant on KO then we may well see another stalemate and I think he'll walk.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 20:52 - Sep 19 with 896 viewswespens

I think the hatred for KO is so great that actually Riga could lose every game this season and he'd still be revered!!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 21:42 - Sep 19 with 885 viewstangerinesince1970

Wespens, I do believe you're right in that view!
Funny old game!

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 21:44 - Sep 19 with 885 viewsOsbourne

The BFC fans love Jose Riga!
Jose Riga is not going to walk. If we keep on losing, Karl would have to sack him.

I for one want BFC to stay in the Championship for 2015-16 season. As long as we finish 4th from bottom 2014-15, I would be happy.

My gut feeling is that Karl must allow Jose to bring in the odd player (on loan until the transfer window opens again). But it is essential that we start picking up points now, it really is.

Jose is not going to walk. Back him or sack him Mr Oyston.
Keep fighting Jose, we all love your style.

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 09:36 - Sep 20 with 860 viewsWindyMiller

Osbourne - I doubt if Jose reads this board (!) but he needs to read messages like that. Long road but if he sticks with it then am sure we'll get there.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 09:39 - Sep 20 with 859 viewssteve_g

There was a moment on Tuesday when Lundstram lost the ball and Ine or two of the boo boys started groaning, it was just a reminder that whilst we're there to support the team ultimately we want them to win and if we keep losing then those dissenting voices will get louder and questions will be asked of the manager ... that said when you have old KOKO shooting himself in the foot at every opportunity, Riga could get us relegated without a win and would probably still come out smelling of roses!!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 10:43 - Sep 20 with 848 viewsTangent

Anyone who thinks what is happening at Blackpool FC is anyone else's fault but the Oystons isn't a Blackpool fan.

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 22:08 - Sep 24 with 784 viewsOsbourne

Never!
Karl Oyston
Sort this terrible mess out quick, I do not want to be watching Division 1 football at Bloomfield Road 2015-16 thank you very much.

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 20:34 - Sep 27 with 746 viewsrigabeliever

May I this one and suggest that Riga ain't all he was cracked up to be? Am running our of patience with this guy - I know KO is the font of all evil and responsible for 99% of our woes but am not sure he has the right man trying to get us out of this mess either. Riga's football is not what I thought and will go as far as to say is hugely disappointing!

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 21:57 - Sep 27 with 731 viewsfamousgrouse

I agree rigabeliever and I don't see that we are too far away from that point. Apart from Cubero today I saw very little that gives me any hope that he can lead us away from the bottom of the table. His continuation with perkins and Lundstam is unbelievable. Haven't we got a couple of full backs in the squad (Dielna and Dunne) who could have put up a better show than playing Lundstrum out of position? And what has Barkhuizen done to deserve his complete shut out? When Miller and Ranger were running out of ideas (very early on I should say) it was crying out for someone to play wide with a bit of pace.
And if the substitution of Orlandi for Cubero was to give appearance money for 1 minute we are in a really sad situation! If you only get a bonus if you get on the pitch it says a lot for the quality of the others who never get on eg Parrish!

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 22:02 - Sep 27 with 726 viewsOsbourne

Mr Riga will turn this round.
We must back him.
If Karl gets a "Yes" man in, then we are going down, down, down.
Mr Riga

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 23:25 - Sep 27 with 706 viewsscu70

We've a few on trial Eagles and an attacking midfielder who I'm told is Italian and been impressing in training.keep the faith.

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 11:35 - Sep 28 with 645 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I think famous grouse raises some valid and interesting points.

The context for all of this is that he has been in charge for ten games. By and large, he puts out teams that are spirited, well organised, defend pretty well and are capable of staying in games against often better opposition.

However, that is the key - they lack the quality and cutting edge required to do any more than that. Consequently, we rarely take the lead in games, have not as yet gone on to get a second goal and therefore are merely competing rather than dominating. Where the fault lies in all this is hard to pin down, but if people generally agree that midfield is where we are weak, then, Perkins apart, they are very largely Riga's men. No-one can tell me that the chairman chose the Oriols, Orlandi, Lundstram et al.

Like fg, I'm unconvinced by his substitutions so far - I agree with him about Barkhuizen, but the unwillingness to give Zenjov meaningful pitch time also frustrates me, because he is NOT like the other front players we have and thus poses a slightly different set of problems. All in all, he hasn't shown us much evidence to suggest that he can affect games with his changes in the way that (say) Holloway or Grayson could.

I think he deserves longer, and despite my reservations about him, I tend to agree that another managerial change at the moment could merely be counter-productive. But he isn't filling me with confidence that he has the wherewithal to do what's needed. I know people will immediately say, "ah, but what about the chairman's role?", and that would be fair enough. But this thread is about Riga.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 12:23 - Sep 28 with 627 viewsjanegallagher

Grouse - maybe he needed a bit more height at the back and proven Championship experience. I know this about Riga but there's no excuse for not having defensive cover at this stage of the season.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2014 12:26]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

As fans - will we ever get to the 'Sack Riga' stage on 16:03 - Sep 29 with 560 views1953Original

Reading his latest interview it would be very difficult for any fan to in anyway lump the blame on to Riga. A man who comes out week after week and says we're short of what we need (whatever effect that may have on the squas he has to train every day) must be difficult for him. We all know that it's the numbers and to a certain extent the quality that we lack in that squad which is costing us week after week.

Until that moment I can get excited about a substitution replacing our best XI then for me Riga cannot be to blame.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024