Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian Article 16:40 - Sep 24 with 2307 viewsTangent

Well worth a read.....tells it how it is.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/24/blackpool-karl-oyston-fulha

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

Guardian Article on 17:28 - Sep 24 with 2271 viewsOldSkool

Another good article

Guardian Article on 19:18 - Sep 24 with 2237 viewsTejas

Yes - a great article, and in a paper Oyston may actually read. Unlike the Mail (a paper I have nothing against by the way).

Guardian Article on 21:37 - Sep 24 with 2209 viewsOsbourne

At least we are making the national press!
Thanks for posting and attaching this article. Not often I have access to the Guardian newspaper, so thanks for this.

My thoughts?
Blimey!
Going one step further
Karl Oyston
And to think, I was conned into buying a two year season ticket on the back of the Riga Revolution!
Just shows how stupid I am!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2014 21:38]

Guardian Article on 08:57 - Sep 25 with 2168 viewsOrioltwins

Good to read the last paragraph reflects just what a sorry episode by the O's this has been ...

Blackpool are nearing the end of their parachute money now, and will either sink or swim once their finances are normalised. But surely football must take steps to ensure the whole unsavoury scenario is not repeated anywhere else.

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Guardian Article on 11:00 - Sep 25 with 2159 viewsOldSkool

Yes, we have probably broken the moral code for SKTY parachute payments, and in future a contract from SKY will probably have to be endorsed, so that a large percentage of the parachute payments stay within football.
Well done the O's

Guardian Article on 11:46 - Sep 25 with 2143 viewsTangent

i doubt the O's will lose any sleep they have no shame whatsoever.

Guardian Article on 18:45 - Sep 25 with 2097 viewsLaytonRob

The only silver lining in my household is that the in laws are all Fulham fans

Guardian Article on 20:05 - Sep 25 with 2074 viewsscu70

I don't understand how apparent supporters of this club can take great joy when bog standard newspapers like this one are trying to destroy the clubs name.quite bizarre really.

Guardian Article on 20:20 - Sep 25 with 2067 viewsfamousgrouse

The name has already been sullied by the current custodians. The newspapers are only letting the rest of the world know what we have known for some time!

Guardian Article on 20:34 - Sep 25 with 2061 viewsfuture_is_tangerine

Just read a readers reply to the article:

...... penny pinching occurs at every level of the club and day-to-day football activities (at Chelsea in 2010-1 the Oyston's refused to pay for hot food at the ground so the players had to buy their own sandwiches from Tesco before heading back North)

Unbelievable isn't it!!

Guardian Article on 20:47 - Sep 25 with 2050 viewsscu70

Incorrect.the players had nothing to do with this.Karl refused to pay £9 odd for a Sandwich (and I don't blame him) and asked Matt if he'd go tesco to get him one.probably saved £5 fair play.

Guardian Article on 21:09 - Sep 25 with 2040 viewsHarryHorse

Funny , I thought Chelsea away was Lasagnegate , must be mistaken

Guardian Article on 22:09 - Sep 25 with 2020 viewsWizaard

Lasagnagate was Donny Rovers in the Cup, after which, Hendry was sacked. Didn't his late wife make it?

Guardian Article on 22:11 - Sep 25 with 2020 viewsTangent

It would only destroy the clubs name if what the paper was saying wasn't true. Sadly, it is very much spot on. They don't need to destroy the clubs name, that is already being achieved very well by the present owners.

Guardian Article on 09:36 - Sep 26 with 1972 viewsOneDaveBamber

Wasn't the incident at Doncaster referred to as Buttygate? I seem to remember the story being that Karl refused to authorise a stop at a hotel and laying on sandwiches for the players, and as a result the late Mrs Hendry made a lasagna for them to eat on the coach. That was it, wasn't it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024