Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why we should protest 10:30 - Oct 1 with 1106 viewsbrassedoff

Karl Oyston and his family have got away with absolute murder over the last 15 years and every Blackpool fan should use Friday's game to express to the family and the watching football world what a mess he has made of it. Friday's game won't relegate us - we have enough games left to avoid that but hundreds walking out of Blooomfield Road in a peaceful protest should be applauded.

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Why we should protest on 10:33 - Oct 1 with 1102 viewsLytham_FY8

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Why we should protest on 11:24 - Oct 1 with 1076 viewsTwoPhillips

Key words there for me are 'peaceful protest' - anything other than that will make us no better than those in charge

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Why we should protest on 13:22 - Oct 1 with 1031 viewsWizaard

No-one is saying there should be no protest. It's how that's done that is the sticking point.

Why we should protest on 13:42 - Oct 1 with 1027 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Go on then Wiz I'll indulge you - how should it be done ?

#footballfirst

Why we should protest on 19:27 - Oct 1 with 981 viewsBertandErnie

TAM - am on the fence on this - if it's a good game and we're leading then I'll probably stay - if it's awful and we're 2-0 down then I'll join in. My problem is that I've paid to go and watch a football game, not leave it halfway through. OK it will make a point, might even look quite impressive and will get the headlines for a few days but then what? KO will be smirking away in his box, fans will be stood outside the ground and then we're back to square one.

I have enough friends in football who now know what KO has done but the ONLY way you will ever change this is to find a buyer for the club and then you might stand half a chance of getting rid of them.

Why we should protest on 19:51 - Oct 1 with 972 viewsjanegallagher

TAM hôw do you think it should be done ?

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Why we should protest on 21:54 - Oct 1 with 932 viewsstu

Does anyone really believe this is going to make the slightest difference.

Newcastle have still got Ashley.

Cardiff at home too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27253371

Tangerine is the new black

Why we should protest on 08:42 - Oct 2 with 887 viewsWizaard

TAM, seeing as you asked...

I agree with BST's stance of packing out the ground and showing we care about the club. I have no objection at all to anything that enables the support to show their displeasure at how they think the club is being run.

Personally, I would have been organising protests before and after the game, plus half time.

I don't see the point of a walk out, as I think it will turn sour as frustration at the lack of numbers will lead some to take that out on fellow supporters.

Chanting needs to be kept within reasonable grounds. Once it gets offensive, it alienates a large proportion of the crowd and won't be acceptable to the Sky audience.

Why we should protest on 08:58 - Oct 2 with 878 viewstangerinedom

Spot on Wizz - right motive, wrong idea.

Why we should protest on 09:16 - Oct 2 with 874 viewsTwelveAngryMen

As I have said on the other thread everyone needs to make their own call on this

It's not a BST initiative however personally I believe a groundswell of support is crucially important

It's a statement of fans concerns and if a majority don't support it will send a clear message that we aren't concerned and give our owners the proverbial green light to continue with current policies

Individuals should reflect on that tomorrow night

If you don't feel you can leave the ground leave your seat for 5-10 mins or at the very least applaud those leaving

Either way UTMP
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 11:46]

#footballfirst

Why we should protest on 10:17 - Oct 2 with 863 viewswe_are_Superior

T_A_M - I find you the refreshing voice of the protestors and shall applaud all those who leave their seats which I hope will be appreciated and approved by those who choose to leave.

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Why we should protest on 13:25 - Oct 2 with 824 viewsWizaard

I'm expecting a tense atmosphere tomorrow between fans which completely misses the point. The protest has to be 100% aimed at the source, but as people leave on 53 minutes, there is bound to be frustration both from those leaving and also those staying.

It's essential that that isn't seen to end in fan on fan squabbling. It doesn't help anything.

Why we should protest on 15:05 - Oct 2 with 798 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Personally I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill Wiz
One or two posters getting a bit over excited on a message board and the boards have been deluged with all sorts of tripe- inc one new poster who has even suggested someone could die Unbelievable
I think there would be a lot less friction if those who don't want to protest stopped telling those who do why it won't work and that they are wasting their time
As I have said elsewhere each to their own

#footballfirst

Why we should protest on 15:27 - Oct 2 with 783 views20togo

tam

"I think there would be a lot less friction if those who don't want to protest stopped telling those who do why it won't work and that they are wasting their time "

I think there would be a lot less friction if those who want to walk out on 53 minutes didn't accuse all those who want to stay of being pro Oyston is a better reflection. After all there are far more threads started ' accusing' those that don't walk out.

Why we should protest on 15:45 - Oct 2 with 768 viewsWizaard

As I've maintained all along, I don't have issues with those protesting but it certainly seems that the protesters have issues with those who won't be.

Not a mountain etc, just an observation on what I've read.

Why we should protest on 15:49 - Oct 2 with 760 viewsTwelveAngryMen

20's separate threads that could be described as anti-protest on the first page of Fansonline at the moment
All the pro-protest threads are also full of inane comments such as ' it won't work ' etc etc
I appreciate its not all one way but its loaded from my perspective Perhaps I have a jaundiced view though
Division between fans is singularly unhelpful but seems being stoked up by another proliferation of new agenda driven posters

#footballfirst

Why we should protest on 15:59 - Oct 2 with 753 viewstde74

As an outsider looking in (as I won't be there on friday night)...

The problem is that someone... whoever came up with this... has picked a method of protest that was bound to divide the fans rather than something that would be inclusive.

So what's an inclusive protest? It's one that doesn't involve what some fans would see as an extraordinary effort and sacrifice.

For example, would everybody turning their backs to the game for one minute have the same media impact as the walk out? It wouldn't be far off - the cameras would undoubtedly pick up on it. Would a lot more people likely take part? Definitely. Would it have the same impact on the chairman? Absolutely. (ie. none at all)

I think this is looking like a bit of an own goal to be honest, but hey, I'm not going to be there so... whatever.

Some of the threats posted on here yesterday were unacceptable, and don't help anyone's cause in any way.

Why we should protest on 16:11 - Oct 2 with 737 views20togo

It's far from one way, I agree.

I'd suggest AVFTT FOL is pretty much one way though in it's views onthe Oystons. I also agree that it's unhelpful to suggest that the protest won't work because those that do are at least taking some form of action. By the same token though, those that stay and CONTINUE to protest are also taking some form of action.

But like it or not there are still some remarks by some who are walking out [ifthey are going in the first place]which could be considered intimidating. And to my mind that is far worse than some-one simply stating that to walk out is wrong.

Why we should protest on 16:35 - Oct 2 with 727 viewsTwelveAngryMen

For the record I am with you both on the intimidation point

No excuse for that

Anyway I am done with it

I am just going to turn up and do what I personally think is right and leave it there

BST's committee will also make our own contribution which you will see on the night

UTMP

#footballfirst

Why we should protest on 17:04 - Oct 2 with 712 viewsWizaard

Fair play to anyone who protests in whatever way they want as long as it's within what would be considered responsible.

I'm hoping for three points.

Why we should protest on 18:47 - Oct 2 with 674 viewsjosuah98

To me its like Hansel and Gretel, the wicked witch offered cheap season tickets and everyone got self greed and bought into the wicked witches house, only to find surprise surprise its not what they expected. You need to stop moaning, cause you all gave him the thumbs up by supporting him.
The only way out of this is to stop going full stop, I don't mean one or two games, I mean one or two seasons, don't be misguided by supporting the team, this has gone beyond that and is now about supporting BFC. The only way the O's will ever go is by a total lack of consumer support. My view's anyway

Why we should protest on 00:17 - Oct 4 with 535 viewsWizaard

A win. Happy days
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024