Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what did the protestors achieve? 22:13 - Oct 4 with 2323 viewsrigabeliever

Three probably got banning orders for running on the pitch. They got a few banners on telly and in the press. They released about 59 balloons and found where there lights were on their phones! Hardly the great revolution some were describing it as.

We wake up today, the Oyston's are still in charge and nothing has changed! The only good thing about the night was the result - not helped by the demo because for 5 mins after the 53rd min we played our worst football. Thankfully didn't put off Zoko from getting 3 points - when the protestors finally turned back in to supporters they were excellent.

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

So what did the protestors achieve? on 22:29 - Oct 4 with 2315 viewssteve_g

They had their five minutes of fame, will all be patting themselves on the back and will be planning their next farcical protest. It's a fact I know more people who how don't go because of the toxic atmosphere these people have created as those who don't go because of the Oyston's.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

So what did the protestors achieve? on 22:58 - Oct 4 with 2307 viewsAllorNothing

Can look themselves in the mirror and say that they did something to demonstrate their feelings, and at least we can put to bed the myth that the protests affect the performance of the players for the worse.

He who seeks, finds

So what did the protestors achieve? on 23:48 - Oct 4 with 2290 viewsArchibaldKnox

They shone a public light on the murky goings-on. We are (not) thieves.

So what did the protestors achieve? on 00:07 - Oct 5 with 2277 viewsfuture_is_tangerine

They can do it every game if it means we get 3pts !!

So what did the protestors achieve? on 10:33 - Oct 5 with 2229 viewsseasider81

They proved they are willing to fight for our club. Disgraceful OP.

So what did the protestors achieve? on 14:34 - Oct 5 with 2200 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

This is embarrassing.

They fought for their club. Just f*cking f*ck off you apathetic c*nts!

*clears throat* That felt good.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 14:34]

So what did the protestors achieve? on 15:00 - Oct 5 with 2181 viewsstu

Calm down son, I think the question was what did they achieve.

Tangerine is the new black

So what did the protestors achieve? on 15:20 - Oct 5 with 2157 viewsHarryHorse

They achieved massive media publicity with regard to the shambolic goings on at Bloomfield Road and for that I applaud them .

So what did the protestors achieve? on 15:23 - Oct 5 with 2151 viewsseasider81

So you know people who don't go because of the fans and not the Oyston's?

Absolute comedy.

So what did the protestors achieve? on 15:29 - Oct 5 with 2146 viewsstu

So has there been no publicity before then
[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 15:29]

So what did the protestors achieve? on 15:34 - Oct 5 with 2131 viewsHarryHorse

Not to the same degree , no . And besides the more publicity the better given the current state of affairs .

So what did the protestors achieve? on 15:50 - Oct 5 with 2110 viewsTang67

The protests gave the whole place a wobble which it needed and was even more fitting given Owen front page of the Gazette article
I did not walk out as I thought this was too passive and believe you can be more effective in the ground rather than nursing a pint of lager and watching the last half an hour on Sky
I thought the banners,lights,flares and relentless chants did have an impact
The way the players celebrated the goal would suggest they were not adversely affected
It added to a hostile atmosphere and created a connection between the support,players and manager - Owen cut an isolated figure outside of what was being played out both on and off the pitch
Regardless of what the OP infers that was the best game in ages and our first win of the season
So yeah it did achieve quite a lot and hats off to the protest and UTFMP

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

So what did the protestors achieve? on 16:17 - Oct 5 with 2082 viewsballaragh

Can anyone seriously believe the Oystons are doing a good job ? The fans showed passion which is sadly lacking in the Oystons unless they are talking money for the family - Up The Pool !

So what did the protestors achieve? on 16:30 - Oct 5 with 2072 viewsSeasider53

I am making a rare visit from the other place ..........this is the first post I have read and I think I'm off back again.

The protests are the reason for Owens front page gazette article because they are getting under his skin.

If it wasn't for protests at the Watford game I'm sure Riga would have been potted. We would now be searching for a manager and probably not got the last 4 points.

So what's the alternative do nothing ?

So what did the protestors achieve? on 16:34 - Oct 5 with 2070 viewsWizaard

There is a heightened national awareness of the issues around the club, but those running on the pitch wouldn't have been seen, they'll get a nationwide stadium ban and it certainly disrupted the team's concentration for five minutes or so. We got it back, so no harm done, but ultimately needless.

Far more effective to voice concerns from the stands.

PS How many actually walked out and didn't come back? Seemed like the vast majority simply walked to the bottom of the steps, took the opportunity to go to the bogs, then came straight back, certainly round our way. The rest just seemed to congregate in front of the wheelchair supporters...

So what did the protestors achieve? on 16:42 - Oct 5 with 2063 viewsSeasider53

Wiz , the running on the pitch made the cameras focus on the protest, they couldn't film the pitch invasion. If that hadn't happened the protest would have been hardly noticed.

You could say those on the pitch took a ban for the greater objective. If that was their intention, I would happily buy them a pint.

So what did the protestors achieve? on 17:13 - Oct 5 with 2041 viewsWizaard

That puts a slant on it that I can't believe was anywhere near their minds.

An unintended consequence is the best I'd give it.

So what did the protestors achieve? on 17:55 - Oct 5 with 2019 viewsElGringo

Crap thread, crap board overall. Final visit after giving it a try a few times.

So what did the protestors achieve? on 18:35 - Oct 5 with 1999 viewsseasider81

I walked out and went to the pub. It might not achieve anything but it was the right thing to do.

So what did the protestors achieve? on 19:35 - Oct 5 with 1954 viewsstu

But couldn't resist having a look and commenting aye.

So what did the protestors achieve? on 21:17 - Oct 5 with 1897 viewsRusty2Stands

They achieved giving even more bad publicity to that disgusting family.
In my book, every single one of those protestors deserves a medal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024