Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nobody cares anymore 23:28 - Oct 21 with 3621 viewssteve_g

There was a time that defeat would have been crushing, a sleepless night would have followed and the injustice of losing to a penalty and spawning so many chances would have been with me for the next few days.

Leaving the ground tonight there was nothing but apathy. That's where we've got to. No atmosphere, nothing to get excited about and going nowhere!

Time for Karl to do something - either back the manager or sack him but this can't go on.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Nobody cares anymore on 23:42 - Oct 21 with 1917 viewschesterbfc

agreed, we were good in patches,but again why cant Riga see that at 70 mins,Perkins ceases to have a brain and runs around like a headless chicken,it was his poor clearance which put us under pressure for the pen.Riga,s subs have to be questioned every week. and his little piece on R Lancs was complete nonsense,using the words I repeat at least 6 times. Sounding like a dead man walking to me

Nobody cares anymore on 23:54 - Oct 21 with 1903 viewshertfordseasider

Did you see what he had on the bench??? He has been shafted. He will be gone soon though. When we have no manager or coach, see how great it will be then. The problem is being overlooked by some of you, how can't you see it?

Nobody cares anymore on 00:25 - Oct 22 with 1889 viewsBFC_Tim

I think everyone can see it Herts but it's getting to the point where we're questioning everything and everyone - that is the problem - until KO backs his man we'll go nowhere.

As for not caring, the empty seats spoke for themselves.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Nobody cares anymore on 19:00 - Oct 22 with 1822 viewsSTHolder

The fact that the web and social media is full of comments only goes to prove that there are people who care and that is the sad thing. Someone told me against Cardiff there were pubs full of Blackpool fans watching the game and huge cheers went up when we scored. We all know the fan base is out there - it's a shame the Chairman has taken his current ridiculous stance.

Nobody cares anymore on 19:12 - Oct 22 with 1819 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Interesting viewpoint Steve, but I'm not sure I agree.

In tough times you will always see some bailing out and/or losing enthusiasm.Equally, some people merely remind themselves that a football team is for life and carry on. I don't think we are any different.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Nobody cares anymore on 19:16 - Oct 22 with 1814 viewshertfordseasider

So back to the 3000 die hards then? Whoop De Doo!!

Nobody cares anymore on 19:46 - Oct 22 with 1795 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Don't be childish Pete. You understand the point I'm making perfectly well.

Nobody cares anymore on 19:51 - Oct 22 with 1784 viewsPlumbs

I hope you're not poking fun at some who've blobbed this season BRR? Skeletons and cupboards mate,where you should really acknowledge SSPs increasing away ratio this season.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 19:52]

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Nobody cares anymore on 20:29 - Oct 22 with 1766 viewsHarryHorse

As do I Robbie (and I'm speaking as one who started going less when times were good !).I accept your point that a football club is for life , I haven't been remotely tempted to go and watch a local side for example . But I do question what you actually want from your football club, what is the point of your admirable support involving a 500 mile round trip for every home game not to mention the away ones ?

We realised the dream that all lower league football fans cling to and if we were sat in the same position in the league having spent some of the Premier League windfall on a tangible legacy I'd accept your highs and lows argument. But this is very different . We should have had a decent crack at establishing ourselves in the upper reaches of the Championship , that wasn't a dream that was realistic expectation given the funds that flowed into the club . I sincerely hope you are not pinning your hopes merely on being a solvent football club , you've seen KKS' analysis of the accounts I would imagine.

I've replied to this in advance of hopefully seeing you on the way to Leeds and discussing further because your post again (deliberately or not) had a hint of the "lesser fans are staying away" about it .This malaise is very different to people staying away because of a set of bad results , it runs through the heart of the club and as a result it is hardly suprising if supporters hearts are no longer in it .

Until a few years ago by and large I bought KO's well run club argument . I certainly don't now . Do you ?

Nobody cares anymore on 21:10 - Oct 22 with 1745 viewshertfordseasider

I know EXACTLY the point you were making.

Nobody cares anymore on 21:33 - Oct 22 with 1725 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

HarryHorse - one season in the Prem guarantees no club a right to be established at the upper end of the Championship. Since we came down another 9 clubs have taken the same journey, the most recent having much higher parachute payments on the new TV deal. People don't realise how quick money flows out of the clubs into the player's bank accounts. It was only a temporary spike and the long term facts are that we got to the Prem on 8,500 gates and are about to return to similar levels of support. We won't ever compete for long at the higher end of the Football League on those gates.

Nobody cares anymore on 22:35 - Oct 22 with 1692 viewsHarryHorse

Ok BHOK you've been on here for as long as I have I think , I don't agree with you but I know you've seen the bad times so respect for that

Firstly following KO's mantra we don't pay players over the odds,nor do we tie them to long expensive contracts , we "are a well run club" .KO also said he was willing to sacrifice pre season to get players in late on cheaper wages so I don't buy your argument about the money going to players . It hasn't. Secondly you surely know about the "loans" to Segesta (23.7m) , OO (11m) and also the money on top of the £90m that has come in through transfer fees , VB's input ,sponsorship, I could go on . If you don't know about these things I suggest you read posts or blogs by KhonKaen Seasider or OneDaveBamber about the club's accounts . KO's own words "this will change the club forever" - do you think it has ?

As a "spike" £90m + is a massive one, yet you seem to think it is inevitable that we will drop down the leagues if our gates don't go up . There is an argument to say that Blackpool are not historically particularly well supported however we fail to capitalise on our unique selling point , we are Blackpool and as an away trip a big draw . We could sell way over the current away ticket allocation to the bigger clubs in this division and the vast majority in the Premier League but we choose not to . There are a whole raft of home supporters who have started watching the club in recent years , the chairman's policies are driving them away .

In the upper regions of the Championship with a decent infrastructure and well communicated future plans we could be getting 12k+ at much higher season ticket prices , that is proven .If we hadn't gone up to the PL I would have been happy with Championship survival . We got a once in lifetime chance to try and estabIish ourselves (there are of course no guarantees) in the Championship and blew it . Do you really blame people for becoming disillusioned ?

Edit to add : my post was directed towards Robbie but am quite happy to respond to yours , I'm sure you'll do the same
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 22:48]

Nobody cares anymore on 22:46 - Oct 22 with 1671 viewshertfordseasider

Harry

Nobody cares anymore on 06:50 - Oct 23 with 1633 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

If the money had gone to non-Oyston companies, it would be gone from the club forever. As it is still with the owners of the club, it is still possible it can be used by the club. Fans want it all spent as soon as possible on players and the current league position has made the frustration all the more intense. However, it seems KO isn't using it like that. It's like it is being stored as a security against future shortfalls. That may frustrate fans who got carried away with mixing it with the big clubs but at least ensures we have a club with no financial worries for years to come... something unique in football.

Nobody cares anymore on 09:02 - Oct 23 with 1607 viewsFountain

The money was in other Oyston companies at a point in time 18 months ago (31/5/13). Is it still there? Cherry, the Accountants doubted those monies would ever be repaid to Segesta suggesting they are gone for good.

What would we give for an accurate picture of where the accounts are as of today.

slap me on the patio

Nobody cares anymore on 09:13 - Oct 23 with 1596 viewsdukeandpepi

BHOK-Cannot believe you are so gullible and still believe in the verbal diarrhea from KO.

Are you happy with :-

The teams performance in the last 2 years.
The fiasco of pre-season and present postion of our club.Yes rock bottom!
The state of the training ground.
The lack of maintenance of the West Stand.
The progress of the club since 1988 taking away the Belekon investments from 2006-10.

The money has disappeared and not to the benefit of the club.
I give up when fans still believe in the Oystons.

Nobody cares anymore on 12:26 - Oct 23 with 1585 viewsHarryHorse

BHOK , I'm glad you accept my point that the money hasn't in fact gone on wages which was the gist of your first post .Nowhere have I suggested spending it as soon as possible on players . Part of my point about establishing ourselves in the Championship was to do so on a sound financial footing not gamble all the windfall trying to get back up again by splashing it on players.

We are now at an impasse until the next set of accounts (and probably the ones after that) are available . You believe Blackpool are cash rich and these funds will be used to prop the club up if we drop down the leagues thereby ensuring our continual existence and that monies that have gone out to other "Oyston companies" would also be returned for that purpose . I don't .Time will tell
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 12:27]

Nobody cares anymore on 13:24 - Oct 23 with 1541 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Obviously a lot of money went out of the club when wages rose during the Premier League season and when Olli asked for certain players to not take a drop in wages after relegation coupled with the 45 man squad we had.

I can't say one way or another what will happen but just that by having funds in reserve makes a business stronger than one which has accumulated large debts. Blackpool and Bolton are both having awful seasons, are a couple of points apart and may both get relegated. One has owners that have run it to accumulate £25 million in assets and the other now has a £160 million debt. I'd still rather be us.

It also shows how spending money guarantees nothing at the higher end of football unless you are the very highest spenders and can pay well over market rates for the very best. Wolves spent over £50 million in transfer fees over two seasons and suffered 2 relegations. They cut their spending and now are climbing again. It's this that makes me question why some of our fans still think the answer to our problems is just to spend more money. We are too small to outspend 90% of clubs in the top two leagues so that would only be a short term gamble at best.

We may have owners that also want to squeeze money out for themselves and there are simple things that could be improved to make the club more attractive to players and fans alike and savings do seem to go too far at times but it's a business at the end of the day which rotates in an industry that goes against all the usual norms. In any other field, if you'd rescued an ailing business and created assets that placed it on a sound footing then you'd be applauded by your customers.

It's a sign of the times and maybe a result of how disproportional the money distribution is in the game that football supporters are now so embroiled in the finances of their club instead of why they got interested in the first place... to watch the sport.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 13:29]

Nobody cares anymore on 13:29 - Oct 23 with 1525 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BHOK, your third and fifth paragraphs are the crux of how I feel at the moment, and you make the points really well.

I accept that there is a hell of a lot that the club's owners could do better or differently, but I also think that the PL season has poisoned the well of expectation in many ways. £90m IS a lot of money, but it doesn't change the underlying fact that we are a small provincial club, badly situated geographically and have a core support of around 6,000. Gravity inevitably will win the day.

Nobody cares anymore on 14:08 - Oct 23 with 1512 viewsHarryHorse

Thanks both for your replies , we will never agree because the core of this is that you believe we have funds in reserve which will stand us in good stead in the future and I don't .As I said , time will tell. (and time is what I am short of now hence short reply)

Nobody cares anymore on 15:11 - Oct 23 with 1500 viewsArchibaldKnox

We are a small provincial club, badly situated geographically and have a core support of around 6,000.
Agreed.
£90,000,000 is a lot of money.
Agreed.

But "Gravity" should not have "inevitably" won in such a short time period afterwards. Three years, that's all it has taken, to return to a situation that feels worse than before 2006, despite "our" windfall.
You use the word "Gravity" as if that is an external force of nature which BFC is powerless to act against it. That is a misrepresentation. The situation we find our club in is down to conscious decisions and lack of action. Culpability, not accidental misfortune.

If 80% of the £90m had been used for the benefit of progressing the football club, and tangible assets such as a fit-for-purpose training facility created, then that would have gone a great way towards overcoming those limiting factors, such as geography. Why on earth didn't the O's do it? The new TG would have cost a few million, but they would not have had to pay that in tax out of the Zabaxe accounts. And they would have had a great asset (i.e. the club would be worth more) to attract players and improve the quality of working life for the staff of BFC. And would have kept 99% of supporters satisfied, feeling that life was fair. A happy family of stakeholders all. Of course, they might have have had to delay buying Quernmore Park Hall though.

"It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to". Garbage. We have gone backwards since Holloway left and little solid effort seems to have been made to arrest the fall from grace.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 16:49]

Nobody cares anymore on 15:28 - Oct 23 with 1485 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

Swansea are pretty provincial and badly situated geographically......

Oh.

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

Nobody cares anymore on 15:54 - Oct 23 with 1472 viewsArchibaldKnox

Hull (Tigers) are pretty provincial and badly situated geographically......

Oh.

Nobody cares anymore on 16:02 - Oct 23 with 1458 viewsLala

I think you can care the same, but also be resigned at the same time........I think that's where a lot of us are....

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Nobody cares anymore on 16:03 - Oct 23 with 1457 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'd argue that both Hull and Swansea are very well located, in that neither of them has five PL clubs within an hour's travel, and neither of them have to sustain a football club with fifteen competitors in the same county. Perhaps you should have thought about it a bit more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024