Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
o/t The 2015 General Election 23:06 - Oct 24 with 9522 viewsOrmerod89

So thought we could start a General Election thread and see how far we get, how many posts we receive and how many views we get by May.

The twists, the turns, the politicians, the pillocks, the policies and the polls!

Feel free to chip in with cutting comments and delightful debated as we choose another deluded fool to take over Number 10!

I'll kick off with I reckon Labour will get in by a very slight majority and the Tories will self destruct over Europe, Farage will have his moment in the spotlight before disappearing in a sea of scandal and disgrace whilst the Lib Dems will disappear off the face of the political map.

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 23:31 - Oct 24 with 6093 viewsArchibaldKnox

Crikey, you have foreseen it all. End of debate. Might as well shut the thread down.
... And I mean that most sincerely, folks.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 08:58 - Oct 25 with 6075 viewscrewcut

The Tories and UKip join forces this time and its as you were with Farage replacing the toothless lib/dem twit who's name escapes me.

Oh yeah and somewhere along the line the so called bedroom tax will be ditched and will be seen in future historical reflections for what it was. A temporary implant to be removed when votes were required.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 09:50 - Oct 25 with 6061 viewsWindyMiller

Problem all the parties bar UKIP have is the Europe issue which seems to have taken centre stage thanks to Mr Farage. Milliband could well still wreck it for Labour - if his brother was in charge they'd walk it. The whole 'go to bed with Farage and wake up with Milliband' will resonate with a lot of voters. You get the feeling that Osbourbe's final budget could determine the Tories fate.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 13:44 - Oct 25 with 6049 viewsSadallover

Bad day for labour today with their Scottish leader standing down and Blair predicting the Tories will win the next election. Don't be in anyway surprised if Milliband is ditched before the next election.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 09:32 - Oct 26 with 6033 views1953Original

Tories and Labour on 33% each according to a new poll - shockingly UKIP on 16% - the bigots are having their day!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 19:52 - Oct 26 with 6022 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

As things stand at the moment it's difficult to see the Tories winning enough seats for an absolute majority - demography is against them, at least until they get chance to have a Boundaries Commission come up with a more advantageous answer for them..

Labour might make it, but their leader seems to be an electoral liability if the polls are to be believed, and they clearly have big problems in Scotland. The Liberal Democrats' natural constituency seem intent upon punishing them for going into coalition, and they will probably be a rump party as things stand.

I think being a rump party may be the best that UKIP can hope for, but if they won a dozen seats and the Tories or Labour were close enough to contemplate getting into bed with them, it would be interesting to say the least. I still think the SNP have as good a chance of being king makers as anyone, which could have profound implications for the future of the Union.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

o/t The 2015 General Election on 20:10 - Oct 26 with 6012 viewsBFC_Tim

Good assessment BasilRobbie - voted labour last time but the Milliband/Balls combination strikes fear in my heart and this was someone who voted for Brown the PM with a charisma bypass (but at least he knew how to add up and was hilarious with his comments on women in Rochdale!).

I haven't a clue who to go for. It looks like the Tories are slowly sorting the economy out but none of it is filtering through and the whole price of fuel back below £1 shows just how bad tax is in this country. Going to take a huge raft of offers in the budget. Labour are marginally more attractive than the Lib Dems and UKIP are BNP with a nice ribbon round them.

If I'm struggling then many more will be as well and depends if voters get caught up in the election race the same way they were in the Scottish referendum. If so whoever shouts loudest may just get in.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 20:13 - Oct 26 with 6011 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Without being party political about it, Milliband and Balls would be an absolute disaster for this country, and could set us back a generation or more.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 20:29 - Oct 26 with 6004 viewsTejas

I honestly think Labour will need a change in Leader to have any chance of an outright majority, in my view they chose the wrong Milliband. A coalition with the LibDems would be difficult as Clegg has blown it on so many levels and they may not get enough seats to swing the majority.

The Tories can't do right for doing wrong. If they act on immigration and the EU relationship they are bowing to UKIP pressure, if they don't they are not listening to the people and the right wing press will hammer them on every point. Also, nobody trusts Cameron to deliver what he says. Their normal allies in the press are bouncing all over the place with UKIP (Supporting and Condemning without consistency) and media support is critical (I hate that about British Politics).

The National Parties in Scotland, Wales and Ireland will have a huge impact. Labour have blown it in Scotland and NHS Wales is a political boil waiting to be lanced.

The Greens will get the youth vote, but their term in office in Brighton will scare the majority from treating them seriously in a general election.

As for UKIP - who knows? I can't make my mind up if they're simply a pre-election protest Party or the real deal. You know what, we could end up with no one in overall control.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 10:51 - Oct 27 with 5965 viewsLala

None of the majors will win an overall majority in my opinion and they would also struggle to win enough to lead a coalition.

Therefore, Robbie's ' rainbow coalition' sounds like the obvious choice to me. I think it will be an exceptionally low voting turn out, and UKIP will do as well as the main parties.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

o/t The 2015 General Election on 09:51 - Nov 10 with 5918 viewsTwoPhillips

Not the best of weekend's for Ed Milliband - great article contrasting his opinion poll ratings to the kudos that his brother is getting in America - talk about choosing the wrong brother!

That said Osbourne looking like and making a tit of himself this weekend did the Tories no favours!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

o/t The 2015 General Election on 22:58 - Nov 20 with 5843 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Can I just say if UKIP do win Rochester tonight it will fill me with dread as to what might happen at the next election. Most people can't vote for who to evict on the X Factor and so what chance do we have in the election!!

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

o/t The 2015 General Election on 00:18 - Nov 21 with 5826 viewsballaragh

Support the Oyston Out/Football First/ Tangerine Party for the B'Pool South constituency in order to highlight the shameful way Blackpool FC has been pillaged by the O's when the football club could have been the catalyst for change and re-generation after promotion. However, the O's decided to declare and take their winnings, and run the club with administration policies.

Any takers for candidate ?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 0:19]

o/t The 2015 General Election on 01:16 - Nov 21 with 5814 viewsHarryHorse

I think the Tories will wheel out the "Labour can't be trusted on the economy" line and that alone will get them over the line, (as it has in the past) certainly in the south.If that does happen I expect them to move further to the right to encroach into UKIP support .

This is what I think will happen not necessarily what I want to happen

o/t The 2015 General Election on 09:56 - Nov 21 with 5755 viewsWizaard

I can see the Tories ditching the Lib Dems and going to the right with a coalition with UKIP.

That could actually see a Labour/SNP coalition having enough seats to form a Government. There's no way that Ed Miliband will be dropped at this late stage, but he'll be gone if they lose.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 11:54 - Nov 21 with 5736 viewsterminallytangerine

As well as being the party of Balls and Milliband it is also the party of Cooper, Johnson. Burnham and Alexander.

I'm hoping Labour do get in even if by the skin of their teeth, but think it may require some coalition with greens, the nationalists and liberal democrats (if they win a seat!). UKIP are certainly flushing out the Tory vote so can see a move to the right there.

I think it is too late to drop Ed.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 12:49 - Nov 21 with 5722 viewsArchibaldKnox

The only hope the SocLibDems have is to cause chaos now. All their MPs to cross the floor of the House, join Labour which would force Cameron to tender his resignation to the Queen as he could not command a majority. Then, either we have a Lab/Lib pact for 6 months government under Milliband or they call an immediate General Election.

The turmoil and disruption to the country would be immense. But it might be the only course that would disrupt the growing UKIP bandwagon, and let's not forget, the SNP resurgence in Scotland. It would give Labour and the Libs a reason for existence. At the moment, they are both sleep-walking into oblivion next May. Smash it all up, and see how the pieces fall. But I doubt they have the guts or imagination.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 13:22 - Nov 21 with 5709 viewsballaragh

Happy 150th anniversary Archibald [ for last April ] !

o/t The 2015 General Election on 13:59 - Nov 21 with 5694 viewsArchibaldKnox

Thank you. Yes, I have a few Tudric pieces. Wish I could afford the Cymric silver. And a watercolour would be ineffable joy. Never mind, I can always go to the museum to enjoy those.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 14:00]

o/t The 2015 General Election on 16:25 - Nov 21 with 5663 viewsPNENIL

Anybody like me wonder what all the fuss is about in a shadow cabinet minister tweeting a pic of a house draped with St George's flags and losing her job over it? She didn't even put any text to it so it could have meant anything . Or am I missing something?
Cue the news and David Cameron at a train station with his mock outraged face saying that people shouldn't sneer at patriotic people and it was right for her to lose her job. He maybe would have a different view if it was someone in his own party? And if White van man racked up next door to David and Samantha in Westminster or wherever im sure they would be totally happy with all the flags draped next door.
Just as an aside. I think the turnout in the by election in Strood was 50 % which is not unusual in itself. Its just that in such an important vote it shows what apathy there is in the British public for politics and politician's.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 16:27 - Nov 21 with 5657 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Nil, the world is full of people who make a lifestyle out of being offended. They don't really mind what they are offended about.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 11:03 - Jan 1 with 5572 viewsOrmerod89

As it's now election year I thought I'd give this a

Interesting reading some of the experts as to which way it'll go and the only thing they're all agreeing on is that the Farage bump in popularity will almost certainly result in hardly any seats.

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

o/t The 2015 General Election on 11:15 - Jan 1 with 5563 viewsballaragh

Bump also for the Football First/Oyston Out candidate - this will hammer a few more nails into the Oyston's coffin 1

o/t The 2015 General Election on 15:52 - Jan 1 with 5520 viewsTejas

I'm afraid that here in East Anglia UKIP will do very well, better than most probably think. They won't get many seats but they will get enough to cause an impact - in my view.

Thornberry knew exactly what she was doing when she tweeted the white van man pic. It would have been OK for anyone but a Labour MP to do. To demonstrate any level of snobbery (which the pic did) was a disaster for a party that should be the champion of the struggling classes. Milliband was rightly furious.

o/t The 2015 General Election on 16:16 - Jan 1 with 5514 viewsCurryman

What a choice we have.

Cameron aloof and seemingly uncaring;
Milliband the wrong trousers, although the skeletons are coming out of the box for his brother re torture and rendactment;
Clegg watery and not of the character required;
Farage, pint of beer, pint of beer, pint of beer, what more can be said.

I honestly am not looking forward to choosing and feel it will be another hung parliament with Alex Salmond causing havock in Paliament and the Scot Nats holding the balance. What a bloody mess we are in countrywise as well as clubwise.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024