Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the soft underbelly showed today 20:31 - Oct 25 with 2436 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I think the first thing to say is that 3-0 flattered Reading a bit ; I thought they thoroughly deserved to win, but theirs was a patchy performance that was helped by our inadequacies and an over-indulgent referee.

We actually started the game on the front foot and in the first five minutes the passing looked crisp enough. But the moment they found their range and started putting our makeshift left back under pressure, we started to creak. He really needed to someone a bit better defensively than Zoko in front of him, and once he'd been booked he became their go-to outlet for the rest of the afternoon.

That said, the first goal came from an innocuous cross and Lewis will have nightmares about it. I also thought he was at fault for the second, coming out for a ball, not getting it and leaving himself in no mans land. He's been excellent for us so far this season, but he cost us today.

Games swing on little incidents, and at 2-0 Miller had a great chance to get us back in the game and contrived to hit keeper and post from not much more than two yards. Two minutes later Lundstram clumsily lost the ball on the edge of their box, chased the break back to our box and then equally clumsily conceded a penalty. It was inept, stupid and costly, and summed up our day.

Once again, I find myself asking what the manager was trying to do. If he was going to pick Perkins at left back, he must have known he would need stronger protection than Zoko gives. So why line up that way? He then removed Zoko to bring on Ranger, which helped us a bit (Ranger played very well), but meant that Delfouneso stayed on the pitch when he had shown absolutely no signs of imposing himself on the game. Taking off Oriol, who was having a neat and tidy game, also bewildered me.

I was left with the distinct impression that he doesn't really know the capabilities of the players he has. I felt sorry for Perkins, who battled away in a job he is not really equipped to do. I felt sorry for Oriol, who did nothing wrong and was the pick of midfield whilst he was on. But I thought Lundstram and Delfouneso really let us down today, and Miller was enigmatic - petulant one minute, reading Ranger really well the next.

I said after the Millwall game that I would take 21st place then, and that remains my view. But we are going to have to do a lot better from the top down if we are to manage it.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

the soft underbelly showed today on 20:49 - Oct 25 with 1841 viewscrewcut

It would seem then that Riga and Karl are a perfect match. Both clueless when it comes to Blackpool football clubs progress and well being.

the soft underbelly showed today on 22:13 - Oct 25 with 1768 viewsthebigone

Sad to hear that about Lewis - about the only position we've improved on - makes you wonder if there's a bit of frustration in there about not being covered by his defence which has lead to mistakes.

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

the soft underbelly showed today on 23:29 - Oct 25 with 1723 viewsAVFTTConvert

Thought your trousers had split there's for a moment Robbie with that title

Thanks for the thoughts - glad I missed it!

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

the soft underbelly showed today on 23:33 - Oct 25 with 1719 viewsPoolman

The Ranger issue for me is the one where I least understand Belekon. Every stat says we're terrible in the final third and yet he leaves our most promising striker on the bench or at home!!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

the soft underbelly showed today on 23:36 - Oct 25 with 1712 viewsSadallover

Exile from the other place Robbie and nice to read some of your words again - bit like when Saddam got toppled in Iraq - now you've gone from the other board it's an unruly mess! Not suggesting you were a Dictator but you get where I'm coming from!!

the soft underbelly showed today on 01:49 - Oct 26 with 1675 viewsHarryHorse

Watched the first half on line , then thought maybe if I don't watch the second it might get better . Sounds like it didn't.

the soft underbelly showed today on 01:50 - Oct 26 with 1675 viewsArchibaldKnox

Lundstram again. He is a liability. We cannot continue hoping he will come good.
Get rid of him.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 1:50]

the soft underbelly showed today on 01:56 - Oct 26 with 1665 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

The bigger picture is why are we playing players out of position and why indeed are we playing players like Zoko and Perkins at all given the resources available??

Still, great news that the saviour has spoken from Latvia. Hopefully Best Trip II about to commence.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 1:57]

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

the soft underbelly showed today on 08:15 - Oct 26 with 1592 viewsRusty2Stands

the other board it's an unruly mess!

Have to disagree with you there. It's not unruly, it's just far more interesting and far busier than this place.
You can almost hear the rustle of the tumbleweed as it blows through here.
Sad really that this forum has failed, because there's room for both of them.

the soft underbelly showed today on 08:22 - Oct 26 with 1589 viewsstu

give me this board any day of the week, esp Saturday night early sunday morning

Tangerine is the new black

the soft underbelly showed today on 08:53 - Oct 26 with 1577 viewsCurryman

I was very privelaged to sit next to BRR yesterday and obviously discussed the game with him as it developed, or should i say under developed, and agee with his general summing up of the game and his thoughts thereafter.

Before any one says this must be an arse licking post , it's not:
1 - I would need one hell of a big tongue;
2 - It would take too long to cover the area;
3 - I really do not fancy it at all.

I cannot understand the thinking of weakening our midfield by taking out Perkins and playing him at left back. Perkins is right footed and not a full back, I'm sure we could have used someone else.

I cannot understand why players seem to have been frozen out of contention when we are in such a poor position, do we not have any other full backs on the books?

All in all a very poor day at the office for all concerned including the fans who turned up, I was surprised how many, in my case another wasted day and £100 plus, lighter in my pocket. A day compounded by the cancellation of my train home from Reading, resulting in a scramble around the rail network and a taxi ride from Leeds to get me home for 00.50.

I sometimes wonder why I bother when the O's and other seem not to.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

the soft underbelly showed today on 10:23 - Oct 26 with 1541 viewsMr_Brightside

How can a day next to BRR be a wasted one Curryman

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

the soft underbelly showed today on 10:27 - Oct 26 with 1539 viewsTwoPhillips

Curryman - said before the game that Edu and Joan cover each other in that position when pushing forward and so surely he could have done a job there maybe as part of a 5-3-2?

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

the soft underbelly showed today on 11:51 - Oct 26 with 1505 viewsHarryHorse

I've been wasted by the close of a few days out with BRB over the years

the soft underbelly showed today on 16:22 - Oct 26 with 1455 viewsFY4MIKEH

We showed no fight, belief or quality yesterday.

the soft underbelly showed today on 18:22 - Oct 26 with 1411 viewsSirHarryThomson

Noticed on Twitter a Reading fan said that Blackpool were terrible and would struggle in the North Berkshire League.

the soft underbelly showed today on 18:24 - Oct 26 with 1409 viewsArchibaldKnox

Any views on Mr Belokon's announcement, Mr BRR ?

the soft underbelly showed today on 19:05 - Oct 26 with 1384 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

AK

If he takes a more visible role, and we see more investment as a result, I don't see why anyone wouldn't welcome that. It's a big "if" though, and whilst it might be understandable, I think a lot of premature giddiness is breaking out. In addition to which, poring over his business and financial affairs might be quite a test for "The Mob".

the soft underbelly showed today on 19:07 - Oct 26 with 1379 viewsstu

Can't argue with that Robbie

Tangerine is the new black

the soft underbelly showed today on 19:43 - Oct 26 with 1352 viewsArchibaldKnox

Aye, "cautious optimism" seems to be the phrase...

the soft underbelly showed today on 20:02 - Oct 26 with 1334 viewsCashCow

Having calmed down from the dizzy delights of that article I do now wonder if Belokon really does have a local businessman ready to throw money at the club? Local businessmen generally don't have much money and I wonder who it is he's got on board. I know some local businessmen who go to Bloomfield Road who are much shadier than the O's!!

the soft underbelly showed today on 20:19 - Oct 26 with 1321 viewsVoiceofReason

Good report Robbie and I think I agree with all of it. We really missed McMahon, I wish people would stop and think before they slag him off.

the soft underbelly showed today on 22:05 - Oct 26 with 1285 viewsKOSBowlCut

Just in case anyone missed Bob's report on the game which was a decent account of what happened.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/your-report/display/match:11532

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

the soft underbelly showed today on 00:28 - Oct 27 with 1219 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

Been on the red wine mate? Why would anyone want to pore over VB's other company accounts? The only ones of interest (to me at least), are the Football Clubs' and associated group companies, nothing would change in that regard. In fact, if there are sweeping changes, the accounts post take over will be an interesting read indeed. I hope it happens and I am able to analyse them.

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

the soft underbelly showed today on 00:59 - Oct 27 with 1208 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I wrote it at five past seven this evening, so red wine definitely not a factor.

As to the question, you tell me, you're the one who prides himself on his forensic accountancy skills. I'm merely observing that his affairs are likely to be no more penetrable than the Oystons are. I know that doesn't suit.

In any case, the thrust of my remarks was that IF he becomes more involved, and IF it leads to more investment, we will all be pleased. I also implied it was too early to be confident it was going to turn out that way - precisely what you said yourself on The Zoo site. Perhaps you should have less red wine with your breakfast.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024