Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our mathematical chances of staying up 06:47 - Oct 30 with 1421 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

6 points from 14 games leaves us with 44 to get from the remaining 32 in order to reach the default target of 50.

We need to go from averaging 0.429 points per game to 1.375 points per game - trebbling our current productivity rate.

A side that averages 1.375 points per game all season would reach around 63 points, falling just short of the Play Offs.

It would be an absolutely massive achievement to stay up from this position.

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 09:14 - Oct 30 with 1388 viewssteve_g

I think the other thing is BHOK that teams around us are picking up points meaning a 50 point target is probable. However games between now and the end of Jan are all against bottom half clubs - aside from a few - and so a chance to not only pick up points but deny rivals points. I still think 21 points from 23 games gives us a fighting chance - anyone see where 5 wins from 9 games are coming from?

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 09:17 - Oct 30 with 1387 viewsMr_Brightside

I still believe we're a good 6 points shy of where we should be - too many times we've lacked that killer instinct - 'the Great escape' music has been sung in the ground to good fortune before - maybe we should start it again!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 14:06 - Oct 30 with 1200 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

We really need an urgent mega boost of points. A shock 3 game winning streak just to claw our way back into the mix. Time is of the essence. Good luck Lee Clark with no e.

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 15:57 - Oct 30 with 1172 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I suppose the more upbeat way of looking at it is that if we string together two or three wins we are right back in the mix and give ourselves something tangible to go for.

I suspect we'll know by 28 December whether we have a chance, or merely hope.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 16:24 - Oct 30 with 1164 viewstde74

The last time we managed that was 411 days ago. Though to continue to look on the bright side, I suppose that means we are overdue.

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 18:13 - Oct 30 with 1133 viewsOsbourne

Last season, 2013-14.

Pool stayed up with 46 points.

That was, 11 wins, 13 draws, 22 lost, 38 goals, 66 goals against.

Birmingham stayed up with 44 points, Doncaster were relegated with 44 points.

So, Pool 2014-15 have 6 points. Pool need 38 points from 32 matches as an indicator. Pool could manage that?

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 18:49 - Oct 30 with 1104 viewscrewcut

The bookies have us at 1/14 to be relegated. Make of that what you will.

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 19:08 - Oct 30 with 1088 viewsOsbourne

1/14!

Blimey!

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 19:42 - Oct 30 with 1064 views1953Original

Things can change very quickly in football and if we can get two wins from the next three games it does bring us right back in to the mix. Get to Christmas and be on level points with a few near the bottom then surely 2015 can't be any worse than 2014 and as Karl keeps telling us we do have money in January which other clubs don't have (that said he could have meant for him to go to the tractor sales!).

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 18:41 - Nov 2 with 987 viewssteve_g

Can we have an update to depress us further!!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 21:33 - Nov 2 with 972 viewsBFC_Tim

The daft thing is a win on Saturday would have put us right back in it but now with two away games against teams who will see us as easy meat (and maybe more to the point with the squad we have) I think by the time we get to the international break we could be 9 points behind and I can't see much way back.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 23:22 - Nov 2 with 945 viewsOsbourne

Steve g,

Birmingham stayed up 2013-14 with 44 points.

Pool have 31 matches remaining. They are playing for a possible 93 points. Pool at present have 6 points. Therefore Pool need 38 points from 31 matches.

Forgetting draws, Pool need 13 wins. That means that Pool can afford to lose a further 18 matches and still be safe.

I think that Lee Clark can do it, but it is going to be tight.
Don't forget though that Pool's debacle last season has prepared us for a relegation battle. Last season Pool were lucky. Hopefully Pool will be lucky again this season. You know who, did not learn his lesson from last season. One does wonder then what on earth he was thinking in the summer? Bryan Flynn then Jose Riga. Poor Mr Riga, it really was all most strange.

Anyway, hope that helps. As a minimum, Pool need 38 points from 31 matches. That is just 13 wins from 31 games. Sounds easy, doesn't it!

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 23:31 - Nov 2 with 934 viewsrob1964

lets leave it till four or five games to go, we may not need mathematical chances then.

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 00:53 - Nov 3 with 911 viewsbottle

Jesus! Anyone who saw both the performance and team selection on Saturday will know we are already down - the rest of this season is all about getting used to the dross we will become accustomed to for the foreseeable future - goodbye the good times and hello football oblivion

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 00:57 - Nov 3 with 910 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Agree with bottle - there is no chance of survival if we play like we did against Ipswich.

I'm staggered this is even a debate because if we were playing well then fair enough but we were atrocious on Saturday, and we're expected to hit play-off from now 'till May?

Good grief - let's not kid ourselves folks, c'mon.

Our mathematical chances of staying up on 03:02 - Nov 3 with 896 viewsdig4fire

are you as stupid as you are rotund?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024