Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opposition fans thoughts on Clark 10:03 - Oct 30 with 4639 viewsAVFTT

We've invited Huddersfield and Birmingham fans to comment on Clark and asked they reply to this thread and so we'll see what they say.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 10:13 - Oct 30 with 3428 viewsKOSBowlCut

Here's a few Twitter comments I've seen:

Feel for Lee Clark, it's new ownership and investment that's required, not a new manager

i'm sure clark will do a good job for somebody, but probably league 1 level, championship probs a bit above his skill set

Best of luck to Lee Clark.. whether or not he was the right guy for the job, he genuinely cared for the club. Best of luck Lee…

You couldn't fault Lee Clark's passion for the club and his appreciation of the job he was in but unfortunately it was time to go

Not going to lie, I didn't mind Clark as a man, seemed like a nice guy but was not good enough to manage our team, good luck to him!

The sad thing is, Lee Clark thought he was doing a good job, but when a manager starts blaming the players, its #timetogo

Never seen a gaffer at @bcfc with more passion than clark.. would have loved to see him work with more than £6.32

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 10:27 - Oct 30 with 3375 viewsShelleyTown

HTAFC fan here, don't normally post on other forums but Clark is one of those guys that makes you want to comment on him. Passionately unhinged is the best way I can describe him. Gave us some great moments, for the first season and a half played some great open attacking football. But ultimately without achieving anything and so, as the pressure for promotion cranked up, he gradually became more cautious in his approach, turned wins into draws and frustrated the fans. It was great watching his touch line antics and his Keegan esque from the hip interviews but ultimately he failed to get promotion on a very decent league 1 budget. Will always have a soft spot remembering the good times and I actually think he did ok given the circumstances at Birmingham. I also hope he does well for you guys, provided you finish below us! He certainly won't be dull and if you get the original Lee Clark, attacking football and touch line passion, you might just do ok.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 10:31 - Oct 30 with 3363 viewsterrier1792

As a Huddersfield fan I agree that his passion is second to none but tactically he is inept especially when things aren't going his way. He had a massive budget with ourselves in league 1 signing 50+ players and still couldn't get promoted.

Saying that he did make some really good signings with the likes of Rhodes, Pilkington and at the time Peltier. But he'll always be rememberd for leaving Rhodes out of the play-off final against Peterborough in which we played a 17 year old up front on his own (lost the game 3-0).

I'd have thought he'd have gone for a job in league one after is sacking at Birmingham, so it will be interesting how he does at your club on a small budget.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 10:33 - Oct 30 with 3356 viewsburgeyhtfc

With Lee Clark, one word springs to mind, passion. He is very passionate about which ever club he manages. I was 10 when he first came to Huddersfield, and i just remember that he changed us, we were more exciting to watch. He has a good eye for talent, signing players such as Jordan Rhodes, Anthony Pilkington and Lee Peltier. I'm sure he'll try and make a move for Lee Novak as well. Yes he didn't have a great spell at Birmingham, but i feel that after the Bournemouth game, it shows he was having a good effect.
Best of luck to you lot at Blackpool anyway, i feel for you sometimes, with your chairman and all, but i hope you do stay up. And also, our game a couple of weeks ago, from a Huddersfield point of view, we were worried when you got it back to 3-2. If you show that level of determination, i think teams weaker than us, will probably fold.
Best of luck for the season guys

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 10:39 - Oct 30 with 3340 viewsfred

Re-united with Peter Clark, I can actually see him keeping you up. He knows enough about football and the championship to pull it off.
Many town fans judge him on his last 2 seasons and the unbeaten run that led to a lot if draws, but he's still a decent enough manager.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 10:39 - Oct 30 with 3340 viewsLala

'Passionately unhinged is the best way I can describe him. Gave us some great moments, for the first season and a half played some great open attacking football.'

That sounds familiar...

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 10:57 - Oct 30 with 3317 viewskilnerterrier

Good morning Blackpool, just a like to say first if you appoint Lee Clark as your next manager then you will get a guy that has bucket loads of passion and dedicated fully to his job.
When he first became Town's manager he got us playing some of our best football for many a year, but in hindsight had to much backing from our chairman and it resulted in a big turnover of players that failed as you already know to get us promoted.
Life for him at Birmingham proved to be the complete opposite for him in having to sell their better players and dealing in mostly free transfers.
Going back to your game at the John smiths the other week a friend of a friend who is a season ticket holder of yours told me a few stories regarding your owner and his policies at not dealing with agents, not giving players more than 2 year contracts because he did not want to keep going through the process of getting rid of players when the manager had got the push.
Clearly this is not ideal to run a football club as you are fully aware, so to give Clark any chance things need to change.
I have always had a soft spot for Blackpool, great club with tradition like us and followed us into the top flight many moons ago..
Really hope Clarky turns it around for you guys, but only if we finish above you!! Best of luck lads.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 12:23 - Oct 30 with 3221 viewsTejas

Some great well thought out responses - thank you for taking the time. AVFTT - this was a great idea, we should invite other fan's opinions more often.

He's coming across as a decent bloke, with passion, but like the rest of us far from perfect. The key at Blackpool will be his relationship with our Chairman. Nothing he's experienced previously can prepare him for this and only time will tell how it will manifest. I really hope it works, but I'm afraid expectations are low. The scariest feedback I've seen is that he struggles on a small budget. In this respect I think Oyston will re-define the term small! I wish him well and WILL support him, but we need results, and the real issue with our club still remains, with or without Lee Clark.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 12:50 - Oct 30 with 3174 viewsMrMezz

Hey all

Birmingham season ticket holder here have been for 15 years so seen many ups and recently much more downs!

Lee "don't know what the hell you are doing" Clark where do I start!!!

Well firstly he won't save you in a million years I'm sad to say, surprised Riga got the boot to be honest seemed much better manager all round! Clark as many others have said is very passionate which is surprising when you hear the dull noise which is his voice which after a while you will find yourself wanting to punch the monitor listening to his interviews. Sadly that's pretty much it with him, tactically he is well terrible in all 3 years I have seen him as manager we looked disorganized at the back something that always bugged me and also never had a game plan. I seem to remember someone once say his idol when it came to management was Kevin Keegan and as time went on I could believe that, I can imagine the team talks of "lads just go out there an play football". Sadly it didn't work 99% of the time. We never looked like a side that was structured to beat a team, for example we currently have 2-3 decent wide players at the Blues, yet under Clark we hoofed to a guy who isnt brilliant in the air and never once tried to play the ball out wide for the wingers to attack it was all very much hit and hope. As others have mentioned Team selections were well bizarre, players could get MOTM one game then not even make the bench next and even when we were down to the bare bones he would persist in playing people out of position. He also could never effect a game, so many time you could see a goal coming or a weak point in our team were the opposition were going to score from, we could see it week in week out "they going to score from that side if he dont change it" then bam he would change it, sadly usually it was 5min after they had scored!

All in all he is a terrible manager and anyone who thinks you will be better off with him than Riga or anyone else for that matter is sadly wrong. The guy is totally useless and you have my sincere condolences I honestly cannot believe he has been that lucky to nail the job!

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 13:56 - Oct 30 with 2950 viewsTerrier13

Another Huddersfield fan here.

Somebody below me has described LC as being 'passionately unhinged', which is just perfect.

As a relatively young Huddersfield fan the Lee Clark era was the most exciting football I've seen us play - quick, attacking football and the feeling that we were always going to score. He also brought through some of the best young players we've had for years that have gone on to be sold for large profits (Rhodes, Pilkington, Hunt etc etc).

I've also seen some of the most frustrating football played under Clark too, though - often lacking a plan B and losing leads far too often. For every game we'd win 5-1 we'd concede 3 late on to draw 3-3.

What you will get with Clark though is the pure desire to succeed. I've seen pressers with him where he's looked like he's about to break down after a loss. The man cares - probably an unhealthy amount.

Unfortunately he's taken on a huge task at your club and if he doesn't do well enough I can see him being gone before long and slipping down the leagues. For his - and your - sake I hope he succeeds as I've always liked him and always will.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 14:23 - Oct 30 with 2884 viewsLala

Thanks for all responses.

It seems like almost 80 - 20 in his favour so far.

These descriptions are similar to Holloway in the passion and style of play, even seems like he made the odd critical school boy error in the same way.

Could be interesting.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 15:26 - Oct 30 with 2784 viewsseasider13

No plan B, players played out of position............ sound familiar

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 15:28 - Oct 30 with 2782 viewsLala

well...that could be any number of our recent managers seasider

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 15:32 - Oct 30 with 2772 viewsseasider13

Exactly Lala, we've had so many recently they have morphed into a blobby mess in my head.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 16:21 - Oct 30 with 2719 viewsTerrier13

seasider13... As I touched on in my post this really could be a make or break job for Clark. If it turns out to be break he really could lose it.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 17:56 - Oct 30 with 2630 viewsbrassedoff

Really interesting comments and the thing I've taken from this is that you can never look at manager's record elsewhere (Ollie, Moyes etc) - has to be given time at your club. Am quite excited about what he might do.

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 18:24 - Oct 30 with 2590 viewsbluesandtwos

Really nice bloke but does very strange things under pressure. When we had Rhodes he played our loan striker, a very young Benik Afobe, up front on his own in a playoff final because he was desperate not to concede any goals. We got stuffed. He came very close to punching our very mild mannered local radio commentator because he asked awkward questions. Not your normal manager.
I think the comment that you have to see how they do at your place is right. He will give you everything he has, heart on sleeve and passion aplenty.
I always liked him and would really like to see him do well so all the very best, hope it works out.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 18:25]

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 18:43 - Oct 30 with 2562 viewsBloodtangerine

Sounds like it wont be boring!

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 18:47 - Oct 30 with 2553 viewsseasider13

Thinking the same myself Blood,

I feel a bit better now about this appointment thanks to the Huddersfield and Birmingham fans comments.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 18:48 - Oct 30 with 2549 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's never that, Blood.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 18:49 - Oct 30 with 2548 viewsBloodtangerine

He will have to perform a miracle unless Karl is going to let him bring loanees in and also back him in January but I wish him well

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 18:55 - Oct 30 with 2536 viewsseasider13

Well he must love a challenge as the table doesn't lie,

Also we used the loan system to great effect in the past, Shelvey, Coleman etc, lets hope Lee gets that back up and running at least to give us a fighting chance.

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 19:02 - Oct 30 with 2519 viewsBloodtangerine

BRR, I have followed the club for a short 5 years......you can imagine why I am a bit addicted to it now......Premier league, play off finals, multiple managers, a hated family in charge, fans turning on each other, BSA, SISA, BST, the Knights etc etc....never a dull moment. That said I would prefer the team to be more stable and a lot more competitive. I struggle to see survival this season but stranger things have happened. I dont think relegation would make anything better or alter Owens view re selling the club so cant see any benefit there. So I am hoping Clark can persuade Karl to let him strengthen with loanees urgently (he seems to have good contacts) and that by January we still have a realistic chance of staying up and Karl backs him in the window...here's hoping anyway

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 19:27 - Oct 30 with 2479 viewsribble

Good to see the rather mixed viewpoints from other fans. Gives some food for thought. I look forward to see Peter Clarke playing down the wing a la Evo under Ollie.

Thanks for contributing, chaps.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 19:28]

Opposition fans thoughts on Clark on 20:04 - Oct 30 with 2444 viewsseasider13

Its an interesting thread ribble, do we have a genius or a lunatic in charge of The Mighty, sometimes its a hairs breadth separating the two.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024