Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? 21:11 - Nov 1 with 3722 viewsBloodtangerine

Lee will be at this minute very positive as indeed he should be after 4/5 days in a job. He has little to lose in reality and also has inherited a squad that despite what he says publicly he must know are naff. So he clearly will know he needs to build his own team to mount a promotion charge nexy season from Lge 1.

The only question (and I think I know the answer here) is will Karl,support quality loanees and then permanent quality signings in January??

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 21:27 - Nov 1 with 2883 viewsTejas

You can't blame Clark for today. It was awful to be honest. In terms of KO and his backing, you can only go off what's happened in the past. In this respect, I'm not optimistic.

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 21:36 - Nov 1 with 2877 viewsOsbourne

I hear what you are saying. But :

Lee Clark can turn this situation round.
He could possibly do it, even with the group of players that he has available to him at the moment.
Clark will of had a good look today.
He can pick up a bundle of points from the next 5 games. May be as many as 10 points.

I think that we are very lucky to of got him. I was at the game today. Lee Clark looked highly professional and gave me great confidence today.

I have a 2 year season ticket and feel sure, after observing Lee Clark from close quarters today, that he will be able to make this group of players play. Of course he will bring in the odd player here and there. I am confident now, that Pool fans will still be watching Championship Football at Bloomfield Road 2015-16.

Lee Clark What ever 'it' is, Lee Clark has got it.
We will see.

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 21:52 - Nov 1 with 2856 viewsBloodtangerine

Osbourne I am quite new on here...are you the site WUM?....just so I know whats what like

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 22:15 - Nov 1 with 2834 viewsHarryHorse

:) Blood

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 22:20 - Nov 1 with 2819 viewsBloodtangerine

Harry, I assume he is having a bubble here or is an insane optimist

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 22:21 - Nov 1 with 2817 viewsTangent

Blood, and you left Fansoline to come here....lol Best of luck.

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 22:28 - Nov 1 with 2802 viewsHarryHorse

The latter I think Blood - I can't help but admire such blind optimism although I thought JR looked the part on the touchline and look where that got him

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 22:51 - Nov 1 with 2772 viewsFY4MIKEH

He will be backed by me. The Belgian tried his hand taking on Koko. Never would win. Lee just put your player request to him, I think he will back you. The shoite on offer today were not yours Lee.
You tried some different players today, and they were shoite.
The lifeless eyes from Belgium and the family have left you in this mess. Play ball with Koko is my advice to you.
Clear Blake and the fitness coach out, and bring your men in.
You can do it, with our support, no Ribena balloons please.

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 22:51 - Nov 1 with 2772 viewsOsbourne

Bloodtangerine,
Site WUM?
Having a bubble?

These are expressions that I am not familiar with. Explain if you like.

Lee Clark has been in the Pool job since Thursday. I was at the match today and I talked to the lady in the Betting Outlet behind the West Stand at half time and she was offering 12/1 for a Pool win. £20 went on. Pool could of, and should of won that match today from the 0-1 position at half time.

Pool did not win, yes it was the Pool players who could not pull it off.

Lee Clark today was faultless. He was professional and his demeanour gave me great confidence. His post match press suggests a manager of the highest quality. With the odd addition here and there Pool will be safe to fight another year in the Championship. In my opinion Pool are very lucky to have secured the services of Mr Lee Clark.

We will see. Of course, I am not an insane optimist who thinks that Lee Clark can get Pool into the top 6 2014-15. However, for Pool to finish 21st or better 2014-15 then Lee Clark can do it. All Pool fans know who we have to thank for our current position of 6 points from 15 matches. Lee Clark has been manager since Thursday, he needs to think quickly but his demeanour today suggests we are seriously lucky to have him on board.

We will see. I think we will have a lot of fun with him and I am looking forward to the ride.

Insane Optimist Osbourne - I like that!

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:52 - Nov 1 with 2771 viewsOsbourne

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:21 - Nov 1 with 2752 viewsFY4MIKEH

Osbourne sensible post mate. Clark will keep us up. Riga Revolution, long gone, a shark with nothing behind his eyes.

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 09:39 - Nov 2 with 2706 viewsFountain

In answer to the OP I tend to think that he will be backed. The reason for this is that the Club is more valuable as a Cship club than as a L1 outfit.

If you subscribe to the 'exit' theories as I do then you have to look at a Cost-Benefit type analysis of where the Club will be financially in May next year. Spending £1-2m may well be enough to kick start the season and stay up. But they would only do that if they stood to gain substantially more than that figure through a sale. That 'gain' can be intangible as well as hard cash ie the Club is sellable in the Cship but not so in L1.

The next few weeks will tell us a lot about the long term future of the Club imo based on nothing but my perverse thinking.

slap me on the patio

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 13:33 - Nov 2 with 2646 viewsWizaard

Duplicate post
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 13:35]

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 13:34 - Nov 2 with 2646 viewsWizaard

I agree with Founts' summary but for different reasons.

I don't see that Oyston is planning any exit strategy as the costs to his other businesses without the football income would be unsustainable. Sale of the club would see repayment to the business of too many loans.

The club needs Championship football. Oyston made it clear that he didn't rate Riga as a recruitment type of manager, but will see that Clark has had previous success in the loan market and will sanction the deals we need, particularly in midfield,

A warchest will be made available for January to buy in some real quality. Bear in mind that RIga still had funds available so the existing budget won't need to be greatly stretched to achieve the aim.

Whether it's too little to o late is a fair point, but Clark would have seen yesterday that the team completely lack confidence, and only new blood can change that.

I see it somewhat like the situation when Grayson took over from Hendry. He brought in 14 players that January and transformed the season. It could happen again and is too much of a financial risk to the business not to happen.

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 13:57 - Nov 2 with 2630 viewsBOYBILLY

A warchest will be made available in January.

What are you smoking as that is absolute mindless and clueless chite.

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 15:41 - Nov 2 with 2597 viewsWizaard

It's happened before and will again if only to put one over on Riga.

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 15:51 - Nov 2 with 2587 viewsBOYBILLY

Chite as you are simply guessing. You haven't an actual clue.

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 15:54 - Nov 2 with 2585 viewsjanegallagher

Blood, Osbourne's not a WUM just a pleasant individual. I know it's very rare on blackpool messageboards but there are exceptions to the rule.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 15:54]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 15:54 - Nov 2 with 2584 viewsscu70

Possibly one of the worst performances I've seen at Bloomfield RD in 30 years and it's safe to say there's been some shockers.the problem lies at the top.the Oyston's haven't given the club a chance of staying in the league simple as that.a solid investment was needed at the start of the season Infact it was a must but as ever they did everything possible to avoid spending any of the money the club rightfully earned.theyve handled the club poorly and deserve all the negative press they are getting from the media.

Sorry wrong thread.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 15:55]

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 17:08 - Nov 2 with 2550 viewsArchibaldKnox

Those loans made by BFC to other Oyston companies will never be repaid. The auditors as good as said so. They would be written off in the sale of the club as if they never existed.

We might get a loan or two in the next couple of weeks but star Prem youngsters they will not be. Everyone in the football world knows the toxicity of this Koko-run club and will not risk it.

So by January, our fate could be pretty much certain. Adrift of safety by 15 points possibly? I certainly hope not, but do not dismiss the possibility. If that is the case, Koko will simply close the purse-strings and that will be it. Remember, last season was much the same and he ended up giving free tickets to Wigan in a last-ditch effort to save the season. The players did it for the fans then. We do not have any spirit left in the club now.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 17:05]

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 17:29 - Nov 2 with 2538 viewsWizaard

Message board discussion. You really haven't got the hang of this, have you?

Obviously it's not a fact but for slightly different reasons than Fountain, we've both come to the conclusion that Oyston will provide funds.

Your contribution is to say nothing except that it's chite without explaining why. Thanks.

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 17:32 - Nov 2 with 2533 viewsPlumbs

You sorted for next week Wizz? Bit of a drive for you I guess☺️

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 18:13 - Nov 2 with 2517 viewsmoney_money_money

Osbourne, not a WUM you say, but at half time when most sensible fans were leaving the ground , he claims to have put £20 on a Blackpool win and then says they SHOULD have won.
Not a WUM? You're having a laugh, got to be

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 19:02 - Nov 2 with 2494 viewsBOYBILLY

Wizzard you posted it as fact, when the reality is you haven't a clue and you are making things up to suit. So that is why I called it chite because that's what it is, chite.

We all hope he provides funds but I am pointing out you don't know that, unless you are karl oyston himself or live in a fantasy land. Post facts not made up wishful thinking.

Clark has a job on his hands....will he be backed? on 19:24 - Nov 2 with 2476 viewsoriginal_insider

In reply to Founts and Wiz I fully agree with the logic in what you say but KokeKo has never applied logic to any fully based business before so why change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024