Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where do you start? 22:51 - Nov 1 with 3016 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's hard to convey to anyone who wasn't there how abject that was today. In some games we have at least started brightly before fading, but there was no sign of us doing so today.

we were sluggish from the off, didn't move the ball anywhere near quickly enough, had little or no width and weren't capable of getting in behind them. When they had the ball, we were so weak in midfield that it beggared belief. Perkins does tend to divide opinion, but we sorely missed him today.

I am really struggling to find any positives - I thought Daniels played well, and Ranger tried hard to little avail. Aside from that, I can hardly think of anything.

The first goal looked suspiciously offside, although there wasn't much of a protest, and the second is a product of really naive defending which, to be fair, we haven't been guilty of all that often. In the end, they won at a canter having played pretty poorly themselves. It was a wretched match.

At least Clark is under no illusions about the size of the task he faces. I'll be amazed if we don't see some new faces this week. We need them.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

where do you start? on 23:03 - Nov 1 with 2451 viewsterminallytangerine

A depressing day all round: the only positive for me was that Clark seemed a little more animated on the touchline than we are used to and Nile Ranger was given 90 minutes.

It's the inability to close opposition players down that gets me and the crab like determination to go sideways rather than run at the opposition. Their second goal showed what can be done when players take risks and get behind the full backs. We were just too slow in doing that.

I suppose the only consolation was that it is still early days for a new manager though the sands of time have already begun to make a significant sand dune in the desert that our season has become.

where do you start? on 23:06 - Nov 1 with 2441 viewsOsbourne

Yes,
Pity Perkins and Cubero were not available to Mr Clark today.

The Pool fans have got to get behind Mr Clark though. Lee Clark kicked every ball today. We should of given him the welcome he deserved. It is essential he stays. Guess what? He will!

where do you start? on 23:07 - Nov 1 with 2434 viewsBISONS

Apart from the bizarre team selection, start as you mean to go on Mr Clark, it looked like a group of players mourning the loss of their 'leader'.

That was by far as bad a performance I've witnessed for years. Lets be clear, it wouldn't have happened under Riga.

Clark and Thompson don't fill you with much hope coupled with our owners in self destruct mode. Relegation is a certainty unless we can borrow 5 premier league fringe players but we know that's as likely as Delfouneso putting in a performance.

where do you start? on 23:10 - Nov 1 with 2424 viewsterminallytangerine

Think they've been mourning the loss of their leader all season then.

where do you start? on 23:15 - Nov 1 with 2417 viewsBISONS

Bar a couple of poor performances the team I have watched has been well structured and the effort has been there, the fact they aren't good enough is irrelevant. We all know who offered these players up.

Today was abysmal and worrying considering a new man was in the dugout.

where do you start? on 23:30 - Nov 1 with 2389 viewsFY4MIKEH

Riga was a clown. Dead behind the eyes. Clark will be far better. That team today was Riga's and Koko's. Support the boys.

where do you start? on 23:40 - Nov 1 with 2376 viewsHertsseasider

Stand by to be amazed my friend. See you Wednesday.

"Schools Out London"

where do you start? on 00:21 - Nov 2 with 2346 viewsOldSkool

The passing game went out of the window today.
Even more fans will boycott the games, if this negative, kick & rush football is a sign of things to come.

where do you start? on 02:08 - Nov 2 with 2309 viewsFast_Fourier_Transfo

It was just rubbish football, if you can call it that.

where do you start? on 08:03 - Nov 2 with 2249 viewsBedfordseasider

The only redeeming feature today was the fine quality of the Ale in the P&T pre match & the reading out of a couple of posts from old AVFTT on the Virgin Pendolino en-route back south. Such as this snippet from Mozalini
"He's(Lee Clark) also too fat to wear a suit, he's not comfortable in it and spends half the match hoisting his trousers up because his gut keeps slipping over his belt. Get yourself a shell suit with an elasticated waist. You're in Blackpool now no one will call you for it."

where do you start? on 08:22 - Nov 2 with 2235 viewsCurryman

What I don't understand are those posters who are already saying Clark isn't good enough. For goodness sake the man has only been with us since Thursday and doesn't at present fully know all the players.

We have been in freefall since playing Ipswich last season, when Mick McCarthy found us out and we started out descent down the table. Since then little has changed, despite having four managers and a team of misfits, journeymen and cast offs, instead of the heart of a championship team with new additions.

Our heart has been ripped out , any hope that supporters had, has gone, all joy at attending a game at home or away has become a torture whilst the O's continue with their hard faced money grabbing ritual.

I can personally see no end to this ongoing distressing treatment of the fans and just hope that Valeri can provide us with a ray of hope.

In the meantime, Division 1 here we come.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 8:23]

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

where do you start? on 08:50 - Nov 2 with 2214 viewsstraightatthewall

Robbie,

we've needed new players since June.

Mike,

I'm sorry, but if you think this is a Riga/Koko issue and Clark/Koko can change it with some sort of 'new approach' then i have to say that you're naive.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

where do you start? on 09:04 - Nov 2 with 2199 viewsFountain

We all know where the problem lies and anybody who cannot see that is, well, not very bright.

That said bringing Dunne in like that, basically a statement saying 'everyone has a chance with me' was not a good start by Clark and if he didn't know enough about the players he shouldn't have picked the team for he made a mighty mess ot team selection.

My verdict on who is upto it at this level based on yesterday and their positions:

Lewis....Yes
Daniels....No (not as RB)
Rent...Yes
Clarke...No
Dunne...NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
McMahon....No
Lundstrom...NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Delf*....No
Ranger*....Maybe
Miller*...No
Oriol...No (LB yes)

* these 3 players and Zoko are the same player. We can only ever play 2 at one go MAX.

slap me on the patio

where do you start? on 09:17 - Nov 2 with 2183 viewsstraightatthewall

Hard to disagree with that Founts. Not seen much from Ranger other than more fight than Miller is showing.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

where do you start? on 09:39 - Nov 2 with 2157 viewsBOYBILLY

Need new faces? Understatement of the year basil and something we have needed for a while now and only one man to blame, so blame him rather than burying your head in the sand or slagging Riga and supporters who want to protest.

where do you start? on 09:59 - Nov 2 with 2133 viewsTang67

Some good posts on here - tend to agree it is a case of reaping what you sow the pre and early season has been a shambles and in the final analysis there are too many players who are simply not good enough .This can sometimes be compensated by a strong work and teamwork ethic which appears yo be lacking .The problem we have is that the clock is ticking and I am sure I read some amateur statistician saying we would need to average 1.3 points a game to survive if so Clarke has a massive task
I still think we can get over the line - we need at least 5,quality additions to give.the new manager any chance of meeting his objective
Yesterday's game was.awful but Clarke will have a clearer view of what is required

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

where do you start? on 10:00 - Nov 2 with 2133 viewsOsbourne

The Pool fans should of given Lee Clark a much better welcome than they did on Saturday.

Unfortunately, like it or not, 'The King is gone, long live the King.'

For whatever reason, Mr Riga produced 6 points out of 42. Also a first round exit from the Capital Cup at the hands of Division 2 Shrewsbury.

93 points left to play for plus the FA Cup. I suspect that Lee Clark will do slightly better.

The Pool fans should of given Lee Clark a much better welcome than they did.

We will see, we will see.
Much as I liked Mr Riga, I prefer Mr Clark.
We will see.

where do you start? on 10:31 - Nov 2 with 2106 viewsMephistopheles

I'd say it's a case of reaping what you failed to sow from the second Holloway departed.

We never ever capitalised on his time here and used it to out advantage to create a legacy/continue to be competitive (no-one expects instant Prem football again BTW). Bloomfield Road was rocking to capacity and while I appreciate 'glory hunters' aren't everyone's cup of tea, we could/should have converted a few of them to us for good!

I'm wholly convinced that this is calculated and planned 'winding down of expectation' i.e. destruction because we are not spending someone else's cash any more.

Sorry baz back in my box I go...

where do you start? on 12:34 - Nov 2 with 2031 viewsFY4MIKEH

Clark's reception was downright disgusting. I was ashamed to stand there whilst Riga's name was glorified. Lee Clark is our manager and it's time to get behind him.

where do you start? on 12:59 - Nov 2 with 2008 viewsWizaard

Post match, Clark said we'd looked bright in training, but once onto the pitch, lacked any confidence. Not surprising, but it's a vicious circle we need to break and quickly. Pity there's a midweek game, as it would have been helpful to have a full week's training when he can get his ideas over, but hopefully, he can change a couple of things before Wednesday.

We need fresh blood to try and reverse things. Sooner the better.

where do you start? on 13:37 - Nov 2 with 1970 viewsSouthshorepool

It was a shit team selection. That starting 11 was never going to win the game. Lundstram, Mcmahon and Oriol J in midfield meanwhile on the bench Cwyka, Orlandi, Mellis and Oriol E.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

where do you start? on 13:54 - Nov 2 with 1958 viewsBOYBILLY

Managers fault we lost then, nothing to do with the Chairman?

where do you start? on 14:02 - Nov 2 with 1946 viewsSouthshorepool

I didn't say that. I know why we have limited players and who that is down to but that still does not excuse not utilising the players we have. In fact due to KO's lack of recruitment policy I'd argue it's absolutely vital we play players in their natural positions.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

where do you start? on 14:03 - Nov 2 with 1945 viewsArchibaldKnox

Might have been different if Ranger had taken the golden chance in front of the North in the first half. That was put on plate for him by Miller's clever break, but Ranger miskicked and fell over his own tangled feet. Having said that, we didn't create much else for the rest of the game.

where do you start? on 14:38 - Nov 2 with 1902 viewsOsbourne

Southshorepool,
Yes I agree with you. It was a great pity that Perkins was out suspended and Cubero still injured. Mr Clark then had limited options in midfield. Lundstram and McMahon centrally and Oriol and Delfouneso wider, tried to win the midfield battle with Ipswich, but Ipswich kept the ball down better than us and they had any luck that was going. Ipswich's first goal was the result of a miss cue. Their 2nd goal though was good. Great work was it from Bishop? Whoever it was, came in beautifully from Ipswich's right, cut the ball back inch perfect for Murphy to score. Bishop? could easily of had a penalty if a tackle had gone in - which it didn't!

Nile Ranger had his chance, teed up by Miller who crosses well from the left, but Nile couldn't take it. I think that Ranger should be given his chance though as he could score goals and is great fun! Tuck your shirt in Nile and for goodness sake, someone give him a pair of shorts that fit!

O for a Liam Brady type figure in central midfield to open defences up!

Lee Clark needs to get thinking quickly now, he will of learnt a lot from Saturday.
As I have said already in various posts. I think that he can sort it out. Pool fans should give him a chance because Championship football at Bloomfield Road 2015-16 is, how shall I say it......................................................................ESSENTIAL!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 14:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024