Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When does a player getting a ball in the face warrant stopping play? 22:31 - Nov 2 with 1582 viewsSadallover

I was aghast at that decision by the referee yesterday! If he had been on the receiving end of a boot then fair enough but are players really so marry nowadays that when they are hit by a ball we have to stop play!!

When does a player getting a ball in the face warrant stopping play? on 22:34 - Nov 2 with 1577 viewsFast_Fourier_Transfo

In answer to your question; when there is a possibility that a player has been knocked unconcious and swallows his tongue.

When does a player getting a ball in the face warrant stopping play? on 22:38 - Nov 2 with 1572 viewsstu

No chance of that, usual McCarthy tactic, time waste

Tangerine is the new black

When does a player getting a ball in the face warrant stopping play? on 08:46 - Nov 3 with 1536 viewssteve_g

Even worse was when we were attacking one of their players went down like he'd been snipe red without a challenge being put in and Fonz gave up with the move! Ipswich's players were down more times than Monica Lewinski!!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

When does a player getting a ball in the face warrant stopping play? on 11:00 - Nov 3 with 1522 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Totally ruining football as a specatator sport things like that. I wouldn't mind but the ball had travelled 20 yards and hit him on the side of the head. Plus it was a centre half for God's sake who as soon as the ref stopped play and came over to him, he got up.

Players are told nowadays to go down if in any doubt to get the ref to stop play. Compare that to the Gary Briggs days.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 12:12]

When does a player getting a ball in the face warrant stopping play? on 11:22 - Nov 3 with 1508 viewsspooner

I agree they did appear to be a little bit delicate.
I actually thought the ball hit him in the back, not the head, but, there again, I was beginning to argue with every decision the officials made.

Remember when I was playing, if I was having an ineffective afternoon, it would invariably turn out to be the referee's fault.
In fact, I'm sure he was blamed for my evening meal being a little late in arriving at table.
Mrs. Spooner's response probably shouldn't be quoted on this forum!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024