Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The decline 17:29 - Nov 3 with 2281 viewsRoy5live

I don’t quite know what else can be said about Karl Oyston and his one-man destruction of a famous football club, so I’m not going to add to it here as I’m sure most fans know that I absolutely despise the way he is systematically destroying a community club after winning what was effectively a lottery when others brought Premier League success to the town. Instead I will allow a colleague at work to do it for me, and he supports Ipswich Town!
He was there on Saturday, and has in fact been to the last 3 meetings at Bloomfield Road supporting the Tractor Boys, meaning of course he attended the famous 6-0 hammering we gave his team just 2 short years ago. I remember him saying to me afterwards that the ground was ‘rocking’ and these were great times to be a Blackpool fan. This was the season after we’d failed to get back into the Premier League due to poor refereeing at Wembley against West Ham, but we were at that point possibly the best side in the Championship and almost odds-on to get back up automatically. Now fast forward two long and painful years under the astonishingly inept stewardship of a certain Karl Oyston…..

My friend firstly could not believe the number of empty seats in the ground and then was astonished at the total lack of atmosphere from our fans — even the protests are beginning to sound forced and rather lame. On the field of course we’ve gone from the most exciting team to watch in recent years to a side that is made up of a bunch of players who would not be able to get into a single other Championship side. The football is terrible too!

The fact that the club has lurched from one crisis to another has employed the media (and kept me busy) and kept others amused, has also proved how badly it is run, and I often say to these people that if at Wembley in 2010 I was told that within 4 years my club would be on its knees, I wouldn’t have believed that even Karl could achieve that — but he has.

I now have other supporters who just smile and sympathise with me when I mention Blackpool (and I try not to do that too often) and that is just not right. No matter how many times we’ve failed with managers and players, the fact is that there is just one man who is to blame. We know, and I genuinely think he knows too, that he is incapable of turning this round. Our only hope is for an aggressive takeover by our beloved Valeri, but that could take some time. At least I won’t have to listen to more Ipswich talk next seaon!

The decline on 17:36 - Nov 3 with 2266 viewsHarryHorse

Well said Roy , sad but true

The decline on 17:40 - Nov 3 with 2255 viewsCurryman

Roy, I was just starting to put my next blog together and you've literally said in a few short words what I was going to say in a couple of hundred. I won't say great minds, as mine is not as great as it was.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

The decline on 17:41 - Nov 3 with 2253 viewsMr_Brightside

Well written, well observed and well said Roy! Great to have you over here!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

The decline on 17:41 - Nov 3 with 2251 viewsTwelveAngryMen

As I said at the BST meeting on Sat its truly remarkable to think Ollie was still in charge two years ago and that we now don't have one member of his squad left save Tom B who wasn't really playing then and is now out on loan
It feels like a lifetime ago

#footballfirst

The decline on 17:46 - Nov 3 with 2233 viewsstraightatthewall

Indeed.

When you truly stop to think about it and to really analyse the steepness and speed of our fall from grace, it's impossible to not see it as a deliberately engineered situation.

Never forget. Never forgive.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

The decline on 17:49 - Nov 3 with 2229 viewsPoolman

On the field of course we’ve gone from the most exciting team to watch in recent years to a side that is made up of a bunch of players who would not be able to get into a single other Championship side. The football is terrible too!

Whatever people think of Karl Oyston and whoever they think is to blame for our current plight it is this paragraph more than any other which I think sums up the MAJORITY of fans gripes at the moment.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

The decline on 17:58 - Nov 3 with 2205 viewsTwoPhillips

Funny thing is I don't remember the 6-0 thrashing being that convincing until after the half time break - remember breathing a huge sigh of relief when we got the second just before the break. The difference being if Ranger would have out away that effort in the first half I can't see that what we'd have gone and won it 2-0 let alone 6-0!
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 18:38]

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

The decline on 18:49 - Nov 3 with 2051 viewsseasider12000

After 49 years of going to Bloomfield road, on Saturday I left with 25 minutes to go. The first time I have ever deserted my team. I'm sorry if this offends the apologists but I doubt I will ever be back until this family have gone.......a very very sad state of affairs.

When I left on Saturday it felt like I was breaking up with the best friend I had ever had.

The decline on 19:10 - Nov 3 with 1984 viewsHarryHorse

That heartfelt post from 12000 deserves to go on the front page and/or a thread of its own.

The decline on 19:18 - Nov 3 with 1956 viewsPeteGriffin

Totally agree with all the above comments BUT what's the answer? We can all moan and groan and type away but are we all doing our bit? Saturday answered that for me. The clubs dead but I'll do what I can to make it as uncomfortable as I can for the despicable family. Support demo's, do stealth stuff. Didn't see a few faces at the demos who have posted above. DO YOUR BIT and not just on media sites.

The decline on 19:26 - Nov 3 with 1931 viewsdukeandpepi

This is my 50th year of suppoting Pool and I came out of that ground feeling exactlty the same. A few seasons ago I would have accepted the inevitable decline. A small club with small attendances for Championship clubs.
A club with limited resources.
I just cannot accept a club that is making big profits,wasted to the taxman and the missing millions that sicken me.
Must have spent at least £10,000 following my beloved team.

The decline on 19:32 - Nov 3 with 1911 viewsrigabeliever

This was the season after we’d failed to get back into the Premier League due to poor refereeing at Wembley against West Ham

West Ham is a blur to me now - what was the poor ref'ing? All I remember was the missed Phillips chances!

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

The decline on 19:34 - Nov 3 with 1898 viewsTejas

This pretty much sums up how everyone I know feels right now. Very depressing, but thanks for posting Roy. Let's hope, and cross everything we have for that takeover.

The decline on 19:57 - Nov 3 with 1838 viewscrewcut

Its astounding, even to Karl I would suggest, how easily he is getting away with what he is doing.

The authorities of every persuasion, from the Football governors to Government bodies are turning a blind eye to the carnage and dubious business practices being committed in full view of a watching world.

Karl is going to think he is God soon enough.

Good post Roy.

The decline on 20:33 - Nov 3 with 1755 viewsHarryHorse

Duke , agree with that 100% . I think all football fans have hopes and dreams for the betterment of their club whether that is drawing a "big" club in the FA Cup or as we did mounting an improbable and ultimately successful challenge for promotion to the PL.Marvellous along the way and with the knowledge that the club will benefit long term as a result .Except it hasn't .

Without those hopes and dreams I find myself wondering what the point is frankly.Now that might make me less of a fan in some eyes but it is very telling that you and 12000 (and there will be many more) , who have virtually 100 years of "fandom" between you are so disenfranchised . Hopefully it will lay to rest the thankfully now only occasionally mooted point that those unhappy with the current regime are relative newcomers whose expectations are "unrealistic"

The decline on 20:49 - Nov 3 with 1721 viewsKOSBowlCut

Duke - totally agree. When we got promoted to the Championship I dreamt of one season in this league - maybe two if we got lucky. However instead we scooped football's biggest jackpot and yet are now in a worse state than we were. Let's face it we're never likely to see that money and who knows until the club slide back to oblivion, we may never get new owners either. When the money and land is gone, so will the O's.

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

The decline on 22:15 - Nov 3 with 1640 viewsCashCow

The best line in that is "astonishingly inept stewardship" .. although it has bitten him in the bum appointing three of football's greatest flops - Appleton, Ince and Riga .. least this one looks interested!

The decline on 09:01 - Nov 4 with 1473 viewsrigabeliever

The problem that Clark got is summed up in Roy's piece where he says the Football is terrible. If Clark can just get this team - and I would say that most have the ability as I think back to the Blackburn game where we really took the game to them - then there is no reason why he can't get us playing a style of football which at least excites the fans and unites them. I know it's unlikely but remain unbeaten in these two away games and stick a few points on the board and more will be up for the visit of Bolton.

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024