Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
just got home 00:03 - Nov 6 with 1237 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Good point in the end, and but for a moment of madness from McMahon should surely have ben three.

We started really brightly, and Miller finished nicely after a terrible piece of defending by his marker. They then buzzed about to no great effect and our second was scored point blank by Murphy after great work on the right by Miller.

We then missed a gilt edged chance to make it three before McMahon was sent off. I think he was angry at the way the referee conducted a drop ball just moments before, but he simply can't lose his cool like that. Even then, had we hung on until half time I think we would have been OK. But once again we failed to clear our lines and Parker scored from close in.

The second half was one way traffic, and after making several splendid saves it was galling for Lewis to shovel in the equaliser from the corner. After that, they had plenty of ball but struggled to fashion a decent chance. In truth, they are pretty poor, especially at the back. On a different night, we would probably have won comfortably

Good support in terms of noise and numbers - maybe 500/600 there in total.

[Post edited 6 Nov 2014 0:11]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

just got home on 00:12 - Nov 6 with 1220 viewsWizaard

I was thinking it might get up to maybe 700 swelled in part by DJ Campbell and his mates.

just got home on 01:14 - Nov 6 with 1179 viewsBedfordseasider

Just got in from the match & to be honest that was the best performance I've seen from pool this season .

Deservedly 2-0 up & should have been 3 . Then a moment of McMahon madness followed by a quick goal that should have been cleared .

Second Half was Alamo stuff , attack v Defence . We seemed to let them have the ball out wide & did little to stop the cross , but when the ball got in the box the team to a man defended gallantly conceding what must be close to a record number of corners . Lewis made several outstanding saves & then it looked like a corner went straight in at the near post(?).

We had no out ball at all second half & didn't win any second ball when we did find our man .

At the end of the day 1 point isn't much use to us , we NEED wins !! but given the the red card it was a well earned point & the players looked gutted with only the one

just got home on 08:47 - Nov 6 with 1109 viewsbrassedoff

For those who didn't go what changed from Saturday - anyone give us a lowdown of the player's performances?

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

just got home on 08:59 - Nov 6 with 1097 viewsWizaard

brassedoff

My earlier thread goes into a bit more on how players did

just got home on 09:27 - Nov 6 with 1074 viewsLala

Very good support considering our situation going into the game, and Saturday's performance. Nearly spilt my red wine when we went 2 nil up.......it sounded like we were playing with a confidence we haven't shown all season. long may it last.

Thanks for the report

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

just got home on 09:36 - Nov 6 with 1067 viewsPlumbs

They were poor? They had 77% of the possession which seems rather a lot.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

just got home on 13:05 - Nov 6 with 994 viewsWizaard

Possession means nothing if you don't do anything with it.

We allowed them to get wide and put crosses in which we then dealt with relatively comfortably.

They didn't make the most of the opportunity of playing against 10 men, so to that extent they weren't that good.

just got home on 13:07 - Nov 6 with 993 viewsFY4MIKEH

Good battling point from the ten men. Good support. Well done to all those that went.

just got home on 13:11 - Nov 6 with 993 viewsseasider13

Is McMahon turning out to be this seasons Robertson,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

just got home on 13:26 - Nov 6 with 984 viewsstraightatthewall

They were a poor team. Very few players if any stood out as classy. I think it's safe to say that the likes of Ruiz and Rodallega are playing within themselves.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

just got home on 14:21 - Nov 6 with 945 viewsPlumbs

Wizz

Try telling that to the Exorcist

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

just got home on 16:20 - Nov 6 with 893 viewsCurryman

I can use that title aswell, stayed overnight and arrived home a while ago.

After a few pre game scoops, at a ridiculously overpriced South London Boozer, I decided to not bother with the food when I saw Scotch Eggs at £5, Soup at £6 and Sausage and Mash at £12. Instead I waited till I goit to the Cottage and had one of their wonderful Cottage Pies at £4.50.

As for the game, Robbie has it about right. We doiminated Fulham at the beginning of the game and it looks as though Lee Clark has pumped some belief into the players, I just hope it wasn't a one off. We should really have been three up before the fateful red card and then it was a backs to the wall game. I didn't see the offence, but have to take other's word for it and if true it was a stupid thing to do particulalry right in front of the ref. We should remember that Fulham was, last season, playing in the Premier league and to keep them down to two goals with ten men, for most of the game, was a gargantuan task that the team handled well.

The ref made some very strange decisions and I was sure on a couple of occasions gave Fulham advantages they didn't deserve. On looking at the footage I'm sure Lewis was pushed for their second goal and he did remonstrate with the ref, but to no avail.

Three points would have been excellent, but, I suppose a draw away from home has to be accepted.

I went back to the hotel happy and decided to have a nightcap before retiring. Five Pounds flaming ten for a pint. Now I know why I like the North of England.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

just got home on 18:24 - Nov 6 with 820 viewsBloodtangerine

Lala, drinking on a school night?......very naughty!

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

just got home on 09:07 - Nov 7 with 725 viewsLala

Blood - I always have a couple of glasses when listening to the footie - I am a creature of habit. A very nice fitou, went down well..

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024