Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time to start preparing for next season? 10:58 - Nov 9 with 6437 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Is it better to write this season off now, save any remaining budget and put it towards next year's, and start throwing any promising youth team kids into the first team so that they have half a season's experience at the start of our League One campaign?

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 11:47 - Nov 9 with 4981 viewsOldSkool

tit

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 22:38 - Nov 9 with 4917 viewshackneyseasider

Great idea Big Hands

These youngsters will be mustard by the time KOKO takes us into non-league oblivion

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 22:40 - Nov 9 with 4909 viewsRusty2Stands

Every time this prick posts, he plumbs new depths.

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 22:41 - Nov 9 with 4908 viewsWizaard

Save budget for next year? Really?

All that will happen if we go down is that the budget will be slashed even more, those we have won't be offered the one year option, we'll have no squad and be even worse off than this current disaster.

We need to do all we can to stay up and that will cost money in January.

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 23:29 - Nov 9 with 4892 viewsRusty2Stands

Amen Wiz, frickin Amen.
You're right, there will barely be a budget next year.
The longer this goes on, the more and more I'm convinced that this whole mess has been caused deliberately by the Oystons. Surely nobody can be this incompetent.
They must have known that one day Belokon would come knocking on the door asking for his money back.
Running down the football side of the 'business' to make it virtually worthless, might be their way of trying to wriggle out of paying Belokon.

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 01:48 - Nov 10 with 4873 viewsseasider13

BHOK give your head a wobble, you are getting worse.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 08:51 - Nov 10 with 4840 viewstangerine_boots

Love this inclusive 'we'. Let's do this; we should do that. We are hardly involved in any decision making. Just observers.

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 12:45 - Nov 10 with 4813 viewsbillybigbananas

Was just thinking the same this morning — we’re as good as down, unless our record for the remaining 29 games is something like W11, D10, L8.
What would be a hard but logical debate about the strategy for the club is again rendered meaningless by KO’s position.
For a start, we don’t have an articulated football strategy, we didn’t last season and we won’t have next season.
The ‘strategy’ will just be a reduced budget and another bunch of blokes who are here for a year or so.
It’s a perfect argument for KO though … let’s ‘conserve our resources’ … I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t trot out something similar in January.
I’m also expecting that Clark will be ‘rebuilding with hungry young footballers’, for whom ‘opportunity is more important than money’ or some other codwallop.
For me, the link between the money coming in and the money spent on the team and infrastructure is now so utterly broken that it really doesn’t matter.
Why not bring in a few more charismatic types with criminal records to spice up the rest of the season?
We deserve a bit of a laugh.

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 13:36 - Nov 10 with 4785 viewsOneDaveBamber

In a strange sort of way, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I actually partly agree with BHOK.

Given the situation we are in, we need to more or less have the form of an 8th place side for the rest of the season. To get to that level, from where we are now, is a daunting prospect. And each game we don't win from here on in, makes that even more difficult and you can soon foresee a scenario in a couple of weeks, and certainly by January, that we will need play-off form or even automatic promotion form.

We're stymied in what we can do before January due to being full up with loans, so we effectively have to wait until then. At that point, we could be what...15(?), 20(?) points off safety? Let's be generous and say we've maintained the gap, or maybe even cut it to five points. Even then, it's going to be difficult to attract players in our position and with our facilities. Now, Karl is always clear on saying money is the only important factor to players and everything else is just PR fluff. To some extent, every person has their price, and if we flash the colour of our money, we would be able to sign players of the required quality to perhaps get us out of this mess.

However, that amount of money is likely to be waaaaaay above their market values and so we'd be held to ransom. This is precisely the WORST POSSIBLE TIME to try and go on a spending spree and we'll get very poor value for money. And, even if we do bring in the players by spending grotesque amounts to convince them to take on Mission: Impossible, there's still no guarantee it'll be enough to keep us up, as Karl is all too keen on reminding us regularly..."money doesn't equal success".

So, what am I getting at? I don't know completely, and throwing in the towel and giving up is hardly the attitude to endorse, but if the Oyston family are ever going to spend big on the playing side, and even in this predicament I can't see it, there couldn't be a worse time to do so. FFP in Leagues One and Two does allow "gifts" from owners to count towards revenue to help you get around the wages to turnover problem - so maybe that's the only good solution, twisted as it sounds? If (see: when) we go down, we get our £11m back as a "gift" from Zabaxe to allow us to have the most competitive League One budget and aim to bounce back.

Put simply, there's no good solution. But...I can see where BHOK is coming from.

This whole situation is, as they might say in Saving Private Ryan, FUBAR.

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 13:52 - Nov 10 with 4745 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm glad you posted all that ODB. I thought BHOK was posing an interesting question and couldn't really see why he was getting grief for it.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 13:56 - Nov 10 with 4748 viewsOneDaveBamber

Also, I'm not suggesting I believe in any way, shape of form that the owners would plough £11m back into the club as a "gift", but that that would be the only way of getting a competitive budget for next season.

Otherwise, with the 60% wages to turnover limit, and our low ticket prices, the budget is likely to be in the bottom half of League One clubs next season, if not the bottom four.

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 14:20 - Nov 10 with 4723 viewsbillybigbananas

Exactly ODB.
If I had a pile of cash that was really the football club’s money and not mine, I certainly wouldn’t be spending it in January … put a fork in this season, it’s done.
But is there anyone left that thinks the club will get anything substantial back from the O’s and doesn’t also believe in leprechauns?
In another world, a statement that substantial budget was being carried over might at least give some hope that next season could be competitive but such is KO’s standing that it wouldn’t be believed, even if the greedy buffoon was visited by the ghost of Christmas future next month and really meant it.
FUBAR, as you say.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 14:21]

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 14:41 - Nov 10 with 4701 viewsstraightatthewall

You've got to give superhands his due. He's a top WUM.

Surely we all know that we won't start preparing for next season until July 1st 2015. Afterall, it got us to the Premier League so we should waltz through League 1 just we always used to....

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 15:17 - Nov 10 with 4680 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Why am I viewed as a WUM just by adding discussion points to a forum? Surely a forum is dead if there are never any points to discuss?

We've taken out 2 year season tickets and those who haven't are saying they won't give a penny more to the club until the owners go so it's logical that, if there's no income likely for next season and this season is beyond saving, why blow money now on a dead duck when it could at least go on a spring chicken next year?
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 15:18]

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 15:39 - Nov 10 with 4664 viewsstraightatthewall

Very true.

League 1 is DEFINITELY the place to splash the cash....

You're on fire at the moment.

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 15:48 - Nov 10 with 4654 viewsHarryHorse

Almost Karlesque BHOK , well done .

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 16:06 - Nov 10 with 4639 viewsFountain

The question itself is interesting.

My view is that it's far too early to plan for next year and it will take a couple of weeks in January to establish whether we have any survival chance and thus whether spending is of worth. Given we have spent poorly so far and the match ready, instant impact players haven't arrived it's likely a worse position than now won't see these arrivals come January.

Then there is the point of Oyston and a plan. They are mutually exclusive.

All that said how this plays out will depend on external factors some of which the O's have no control over.

Finally, anyone else see the irony in the fact that O's won't spend decent Cship money because the likelihood of promotion is slim (so they say why spend it when it has no result, just spend the minimum necessary), but may have to spend in January to protect the value and salability of the 'business'?

slap me on the patio

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 16:50 - Nov 10 with 4604 viewsdukeandpepi

BHOK- All well and good if the Oystons have any ambition and willing to spend any money. they won't and will budget to League 2 level and will be a struggle next season.
For 18 years of Oyston control(88-06) we were either a struggling League 1 or decent League 2 side. They only spent around 1995 when he needed the public support for his impending trial. Our only season we had serious chance to make second flight.
I just cannot believe that you think we have money for players.
It's all gone and not in the interest of Football.

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 16:53 - Nov 10 with 4594 viewsHarryHorse

I find it astonishing Duke that so many people still think we are cash rich

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 17:00 - Nov 10 with 4586 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

I am not talking about being cash rich. BFC is always run within a budget. That budget will be tiny next season due to the reasons stated. Saving more money now may just help us avoid a double relegation to League Two.

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 17:01 - Nov 10 with 4584 viewsstraightatthewall

Or that the best time to spend said cash is in League 1, rather than when you're riding high in the Championship that has bigger gates, bigger TV revenues and much greater corporate opportunities to explore.

Still, as long as they have the club's best interests at heart.

By the way, anyone care to answer my question from a couple of weeks ago as to why a member of the Football League board would put all his eggs in the FFP basket just prior to the FFP rules being changed in line with a deal set between PL clubs and the Football League? Almost seems like the man in question is either the mental equivalent of Benny off Crossroads or he's simply been lying to you.

Take your time and have a think before you answer. Doesn't really matter as we'll be in League 1 next season anyway as Clark isn't getting enough from this brilliant squad at his disposal. McMahon to Perkins, inside to Lundstram. Lundstram with a beautiful 40 yard ball to Delfounso. Instant control from the Fonz, goes past 1. Goes past 2. Goes past 3 and puts it on a plate for Nile Ranger.........who's taking an instrgram of his new tatooed soul........

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 17:05 - Nov 10 with 4578 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

I think between the words 'Crossroads' and 'he's' you meant AND Straighters.

As Founts alludes to. You are asking someone to plan for 2015/16 when we already know he doesn't plan for tomorrow, let alone the week after.

The club is screwed with him making sole decision, always has been, always will be.

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 18:45 - Nov 10 with 4542 viewsOld_Laytonian

Th budget will be £30,000 less next season

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 08:27 - Nov 11 with 4480 viewsBigbrother

Two things here:

1. Imagine if we are only on about 15 points by the end of the year, will KO just start cancelling contracts, give Clark a threadbare squad and save a whole load of cash as there's no point carrying on.

2. Secondly, on the flip of that, at what point do we throw the hat in? I would say that 15 points by Christmas and we are down - scary thing is that is more than half we have at the moment in less than half the games we've played!!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Is it time to start preparing for next season? on 08:16 - Nov 14 with 4409 viewsBFC_Tim

Whilst Clark is making all these changes then we have to give it a go. I see a week on Saturday as a new start to the campaign. We are starting with a 10 point deduction. Other teams have had that and still come good. It's a 30 game season and 10 wins at home and a few results away would see us safe.

Come back in January if we're not a couple of wins behind those ahead of us and we could be in the brown sticky stuff.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024