Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club shop 20:48 - Nov 28 with 5612 viewsThemisinglink

just spoke to the shop manager, tells me he just had the best day since 2010 !!!
On line orders went balistic, and shop was mad all day.so putting an old snap shot
Showing the club shop from 3 years ago on Avftt is a bit sad.just saying.

Club shop on 20:56 - Nov 28 with 3886 viewsTangent

I guess he would hardly say any different now would he? I Only know I didn't buy anything and tbh that really is all that matters to me.

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

Club shop on 21:06 - Nov 28 with 3864 viewsscratchingshed

Probably more like Karl hiring a couple of dozen or those NHS staff next door to keep going in the shop every 10 minutes.

Club shop on 22:00 - Nov 28 with 3838 viewsterminallytangerine

Good news if true.

Sad that some guy on twitter was being abused for buying Blackpool shirts as Christmas presents for his children.

Club shop on 23:01 - Nov 28 with 3798 viewsCurryman

Each to their own, I am still guilty about buying a pie last Saturday.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Club shop on 02:30 - Nov 29 with 3768 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

TT - How is this good news?

NAPM

Club shop on 11:23 - Nov 29 with 3718 viewsterminallytangerine

It makes a nice change from the negativity that so many revel in and if there is a bit more tangerine on the terraces I'm all for it.

It's also Christmas and a time when young seasiders should be encouraged to identify with the team rather than be taught to hate.

IMHO - though I wouldn't expect everyone to agree so I'll start the ball rolling with a -1.

Club shop on 23:12 - Nov 29 with 3640 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

If I wanted any other blackpool kit I'd get it from eBay.

Discouragement from buying at the club shop needs to be in force. No forcing people not to as each to their own but anything to minimise Oyston profit.

Club shop on 23:52 - Nov 29 with 3625 viewsterminallytangerine

Your money your say.

My money my say.

My football club, my support.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 23:54]

Club shop on 07:57 - Nov 30 with 3582 viewsRusty2Stands

Karl Oyston your hero

Club shop on 11:01 - Nov 30 with 3532 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

You're not winning the intellectual argument here, Rusty.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Club shop on 11:53 - Nov 30 with 3517 viewsscratchingshed

Just why any parents would want to buy their kids what will be a league one outfit come May is just totally beyond me.

Club shop on 12:11 - Nov 30 with 3508 viewsribble

You've never got this supporting your club through thick and thin idea, have you shed?

What a sad post that is.

Club shop on 15:34 - Nov 30 with 3472 viewsterminallytangerine

Oh well I suppose there will be a few lucky Blackpool supporting children who can look forward to a nice tennis ball at the bottom of their Santa sack because of their highly principled parents.

That'll learn 'em.

Club shop on 08:16 - Dec 1 with 3399 viewsRusty2Stands

Robbie, there's little point having an intellectual argument with people who's heads are stuck so far down in the sand.

Club shop on 10:50 - Dec 1 with 3363 viewsterminallytangerine

Couldn't agree more.

Rust in peace.

Club shop on 22:57 - Dec 1 with 3271 viewsterminallytangerine

You even disagree when I agree, Money.

There's no pleasing some people.

Club shop on 16:41 - Dec 2 with 3194 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

I never said anything?

Club shop on 17:44 - Dec 2 with 3177 viewsterminallytangerine

"Tis another Money who likes pressing the minus button repeatedly, no doubt in the hope of getting a peanut.

Monkey Monkey Monkey.

I'm sure you wouldn't be so unreasonable.

[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 17:48]

Club shop on 23:02 - Dec 2 with 3127 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Sorry are you talking to me?

I've not pressed the minus button? I'll plus it if you like?

Club shop on 02:47 - Dec 3 with 3101 viewsGrayth

You realise you're only 'supporting' the Oyston family don't you? Surely you realise this by now? Or are you completely stupid?

Club shop on 03:49 - Dec 3 with 3085 viewsterminallytangerine

And I thought I was supporting my football club.

Thanks for putting me right there.

And to get back to the original point, should parents who want to encourage their children to be Blackpool supporters (by for example buying them a football kit for Christmas from the club shop) be criticised by those who think that hating Oystons is the only thing that matters in their lives?

A rhetorical question as I think your rant and attempt at cheap labelling above has already shown where you stand on this.

Now if you want to cut the abuse and discuss the issues fire away.

Club shop on 11:50 - Dec 3 with 3035 viewsOdinsRaven

All this NAPM is a personal choice and no one should be berated for spending their money how they see fit. I personally won't spend a pound on BFC until koko is gone. However, I have no malice towards anyone who wishes to spend their money on BFC

Club shop on 12:06 - Dec 3 with 3030 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

I reiterate, there's plenty of good stuff going on eBay BFC related. Not brand new granted but I feel good that my money is going to another fan than those other... humans...

Club shop on 12:09 - Dec 3 with 3028 viewsGrayth

They're not spending it on BFC though. They're handing it over to Karl Oyston and his other businesses. If you hand over money to Karl Oyston, you're helping him dismantle the club. It really is that simple.

Club shop on 13:04 - Dec 3 with 3012 viewsterminallytangerine

I agree with OdinsRaven on this.

People make their choices according to their principles and shouldn't be dictated to by people whose principles are different or who no longer 'give a fudge' about supporting their football team.

I can't see the logic of 'if you hand over money, you're helping him dismantle the club', so it really isn't that simple at all. Arguably it is more damaged by the orchestrated pedalling of hatred which puts the Narnia inspired dream of removing the wicked Oystons above any backing for the football club - its manager, players and supporters who want to, er, support their team, see them avoid relegation and be available to support in the future. This isn't to exonerate the owners from their responsibilities or to deny the importance of continuing to press them for greater stability, more investment and the restoration of pride but it it is to ask whether Oyston baiting should be the be all and the end all of our existence as Blackpool supporters.

I would much rather live in hope than wallow in misery - and can't see any point in people denying young people the opportunity to feel that this is their club and identifying with it, regardless of who the owners are. If the reports on the club shop sales, the packed Seasiders bar at the last home game and the damn pie queues are anything to go by, I am not alone in sharing this view.

So let those who want to cut off their nose to spite their face (and the faces of other people's children?) enjoy their Christmas and those of us who have a different view enjoy ours.

It is still possible to enjoy the experience of being a Blackpool supporter even when times are difficult but so much better when supporters put football first and politics second.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 13:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024