Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans not going to Oldham 15:21 - Dec 21 with 3364 viewsOsbourne

Hartlepool United, the bottom club in the football league are looking to sign Ched Evans.

Lets face it, Sheffield United should of re-signed him, they haven't.

Pool need points, Pool need goals. Pool should sign him to the end of the season and here's why :

1. Ched Evans needs a shop window.
2. Pool need goals.

Just a thought.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 18:06]

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 16:59 - Dec 21 with 2488 viewsOsbourne

Latest on this story is that Hartlepool have ruled out signing Ched Evans.

The new Hartlepool manager, Ronnie Moore had said he was keen to sign the player. Hartlepool FC have now said, "they do not intend to sign the player."

Sheffield United retracted an offer to allow Ched Evans to train with them following strong local opposition. What was this strong local opposition?
1. TV presenter - Charlie Webster.
2. 60's pop star - Dave Berry.
3. Lindsay Graham - Sheffield business woman.
These 3 resigned as club patrons.
4. Paul Heaton - Musician
Resigned as patron of the club's community foundation.
5. Jessica Ennis-Hill - Olympic Champion.
Stated her name would be removed from a club stand.
6. DBL Logistics - Shirt Sponsor.
Shirt sponsor threatened ending endorsement.
7. A Sheffield MP, Miliband, I think it was, threw his weight around too.

As for Hartlepool?
1. Iain Wright - Hartlepool's Labour MP
He has branded Ched Evans "a pariah." Iain Wright told this to BBC sport.

Returning to my earlier post. Pool need points, Pool need goals. Pool should sign him to the end of the season and here's why :

1. Ched Evans needs a shop window.
2. Pool need goals and points.

What does society require from Ched Evans? For him to go into the stocks so that we can all throw rotten eggs and tomatoes at him?

Think about that.

Just a thought.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2015 21:32]

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 20:45 - Dec 21 with 2473 viewsOsbourne

No interest on this thread?

Remember, our chairman could get Ched Evans on the cheap!

Any interest now?

As a Pool fan, I say sign him.

I'm logging off for a while now! But I mean it.

Ched Evans needs a shop window. Pool could give it to him.
Think about that.

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 22:01 - Dec 21 with 2458 viewsPlumbs

Rapists should be banned from football irrespective of club,individuals status,creed or colour.

It's shameful that The FL have allowed someone on the SOR to remain in charge of a club.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 22:12 - Dec 21 with 2452 viewsOsbourne

Plums,

Do juries ever make a mistake?
Why was the death penalty removed from possible legal punishment tariffs?

Just a thought.

I do not like abbreviations. They are like an secret intellectual code.

FL = football League.
SOR = Sex Offenders Register.

Just saying.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 22:18]

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 22:35 - Dec 21 with 2440 viewsPlumbs

I haven't raped anyone then been involved with a community based entity,which is the essence of the issue.
If say I go bankrupt however I am obliged to notify all my customers who can then make a decision on employing me,so that 'mistake' stays with me for life long after the offence has gone.

Sex attacks are cowardly and affect people for life so it should be the same for the perpetrators.

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 23:07 - Dec 21 with 2425 viewsOsbourne

Plumbs,

Lets put him in the stocks and throw rotten eggs and tomatoes at him for the rest of his life then.

Still this message board encourages debate and opinion.

You have posted, I respect that post, even if I might not agree with it.
I hope that you can enjoy my humour - "enjoy reading your copy of the Daily Telegraph tomorrow. I will read what the Guardian has to say!"

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 23:25 - Dec 21 with 2413 viewsPlumbs

Nope putting him or anyone in the stocks would be shameful but with some jobs it just doesn't wash. What if he was a doctor or a school teacher say? No difference really with community entities and that applies to OO.

I'd have some respect for the guy if he fought and won his appeal first where I think there's enough grounds for doubt,but he's still been convicted so he has no leg at present to stand on.

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 23:51 - Dec 21 with 2404 viewsOsbourne

The debate is open to the floor.

Plumbs is clearly smugly walking around in his pin stripped suit and brogue shoes with his Daily Telegraph tucked under his arm.

I hope you see my humour, Plumbs, because it is there. Somehow, however, I do not think you will see it.

No wonder people drink!

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 13:11 - Dec 22 with 2366 viewsMr_Brightside

Can you just imagine poor old Jeff Stelling if he ever scored? He has his little James Brown singing statue when Brown scores - what on earth would he have for Evans

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 20:35 - Dec 23 with 2338 viewsblackpoolrock

Personally, I think that Pool could profit on having Ched Evans in their squad. However, by the looks of things, it wouldn't help as it would draw even more attention to the club . Not what we want! We are under pressure and Clark needs time to think.
So if we dismiss of Ched then I think we need some better midfield players. Most of our players in the midfield at the moment are on loan until January.
We:
1. Need a strong midfield so that can create chances for what I would say is quite a decent front line. eg. Delfouneso, Miller, Davies and Ranger.
2. Need a experienced midfield(er) to build confidence and team morale.
3. Need a goal scoring midfield that can as well as creating goals can score as well.

If we get a midfield like that then we might stay up but if it goes the way it probably will go we might not even have a midfield!!!

Is Ched a possibility: yes I guess he is but as I have said would prefer a different source for our goals.
😊
[Post edited 23 Dec 2014 21:25]

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 20:52 - Dec 23 with 2322 viewsOsbourne

blackpoolrock,

".....draw attention to the club."

There is already plenty of media attention directed at Blackpool FC 2014/15.
OK the Ched Evans issue is a hot potato, but he needs a shop window and Blackpool FC could give one to him.

If Ched Evans scored goals, which could easily happen, it would be worth the media scrum?

Subjective thought. What is the objective thought?

As for the midfield, how long will O'Hara stay?
[Post edited 23 Dec 2014 20:56]

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 15:06 - Dec 24 with 2270 viewswespens

Would be hilarious if we went in and Evans turned us down for being an immoral club!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 19:25 - Dec 26 with 2249 viewsOsbourne

Hartlepool are not signing him.

He needs a shop window, Pool need goals.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

He would probably come on the cheap too.

Just saying.

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? on 23:42 - Jan 3 with 2192 viewsOsbourne

Ched Evans will not be allowed to resume his career overseas, the Ministry of Justice has said.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Bloomfield Road is seeing desperate times now. Championship football is a must for 2015-16 season. Once relegated it will not be easy to return.

Ched Evans needs a shop window. Pool should give him one now, until the end of the season. Evans will bring publicity to Bloomfield Road for sure. Evans, who must now be hungry, could bring a stack of goals.

I know that it is a hot potato. I say we (Pool) should get him.

Sheffield United x
Hartlepool x
Overseas x
Blackpool Yes.

This chap is a proven goal scorer, he is hungry, Pool are running out of games and options. I say get him Karl. I really do.

What about the hammering from the press we will get? on 23:43 - Jan 3 with 2192 viewsOsbourne

We (Pool) are getting hammered by the press anyway. Riga, Karl. So what if we get more press hammering via the signing of Ched Evans. If it saves our Championship status - SO WHAT?

[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 23:48]

What about the hammering from the press we will get? on 10:00 - Jan 4 with 2160 viewsWronga

Convicted rapist Ched Evans has reportedly agreed a deal to play for an unnamed League One club and will be unveiled by that team this week.

The 26-year-old, who was released from prison after serving half of a five-year sentence following his conviction in 2011, has struggled to find a way back into football, with a selection of clubs, including former side Sheffield United, turning down the chance to sign him.

However, The Times claims that a League One team has secretly agreed a deal for the Welsh striker.

Poll: Graham Westley or Neil McDonald

What about the hammering from the press we will get? on 14:26 - Jan 4 with 2151 viewsOsbourne

Thanks for that Wronga. I have read that today, since my post too. Looks like it will not be Pool that Ched Evans is signing for then. Possibly Fleetwood? I doubt it though. I will follow the football news this week to see where this story goes.

A tweet from a 'secret footballer' has apparently revealed that Ched Evans will sign for a League One side on Monday 5.1.15.

It is also in the news that Ched Evans was close to signing for a club in Malta called Hibernians. This has now been denied?

Anyway, that's all I know. It will be interesting to see what happens with this story and whether Ched Evans will still score goals. The fitness issue is a real issue. Has Ched Evans been able to keep himself fit for the last 3 years? I personally doubt it.

Pool are getting close to needing a miracle to avoid relegation now. I of course, still think Lee Clark and Pool can save the day, albeit with place 21! I hope so, I really want Championship football at Bloomfield Road 2015-16. Doesn't look as though Ched Evans will be scoring the goals for us though. It would of been a very controversial signing. In the current Pool climate it is probably better that this option is no longer available.

Keeping AVFTT posters in the news!

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? or Overseas? on 15:07 - Jan 4 with 2143 viewsseasider13

I heard a rumor that Oldham were going to sign him,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? or Overseas? on 18:54 - Jan 4 with 2131 viewsOsbourne

seasider13 thanks for your post. I think you are correct.

Ched Evans appears to be probably signing for Oldham in the coming week.

Oldham have previously had a difficult signing. In 2007 Oldham signed Lee Hughes after he had served half of a 6 year prison term for causing death by dangerous driving.

The Ched Evans story has been repeatedly in the papers for the last few weeks.

The Lee Hughes story was that in 2004 the West Bromwich Albion striker was sentenced to 6 years for causing death by dangerous driving. After Lee Hughes was sentenced, WBA announced they had terminated his contract, which had 2 years left to run. When Lee Hughes was released in 2007 Oldham Athletic picked him up. In his first press conference with his new club he spoke of "having to live with myself, hating myself, every day". The family of the man who died in the crash criticised Oldham Athletic for signing the striker. Hughes went on to score 25 goals in 55 appearances for the club.

Objectively, some people will criticise Oldham Athletic again now.
subjectively, I do not mind sticking my neck out and saying, good luck to Ched Evans. It is a very sick society that wants to put him in the stocks and throw rotten eggs and tomatoes at him for time eternal. Society, very quick to judge, very slow to think.

Lets see how the newspapers handle the story this week and in the build up to his return.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 19:01]

Ched Evans going to Hartlepool? or Overseas? on 01:39 - Jan 5 with 2066 viewsOsbourne

Press beginning to lay into Oldham and Ched Evans already.

I will make one of my few purchases of the 'Sun' newspaper tomorrow. That paper usually gives a very fair take on things. O and I wont forget to take a look on page 3 either whist I digest their moral high ground take on the subject.

5 million copies sold per day. Just saying!

Ched Evans going to Oldham? on 12:50 - Jan 5 with 2028 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

It looks like Evans is now too toxic for any sponsor, and he will not be allowed to pursue his employment despite having served his sentence.

Mob rule. This is what our country has come to. Disgraceful.

Ched Evans going to Oldham? on 13:29 - Jan 5 with 2021 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

HdS I tend to agree.

People have to decide what they want. Setting his appeal, and its outcome, to one side for a moment - do people want him rehabilitated or not?

If they do, he probably needs to find gainful employment. For better or worse, football is what he is good at. What do people want him to do?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Ched Evans going to Oldham? on 13:40 - Jan 5 with 2016 viewsMephistopheles

Agree with that H_d_S - it's so easy to be 'outraged' and sign a petition in the space of 3 seconds that is of complete and utter detriment to the individual yet has no thought for the overall context.

Maybe if a few more stepped back and took a look at the circumstances, what has happened since etc. then not everyone would be labelled as a murdering peado rapist by the pitchfork-out-of-boredom lot.

Ps. BFC/Oyston situation is different before you start with the irony assertions baz

Ched Evans going to Oldham? on 13:43 - Jan 5 with 2009 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Very good Meph. I like a goalkeeper who scrambles to cover the open goal he's just left behind.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Ched Evans going to Oldham? on 13:48 - Jan 5 with 2008 viewsMephistopheles

Ps off
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024