Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pittman's hand ball 18:01 - Dec 21 with 1819 viewsSadallover

Should such an obvious cheating tactic have been more severely punished than just a yellow card? Did the ref have any means to punish him further? Certainly when he handled it again in the middle of the pitch I wondered if he'd pull out another yellow.

Pittman's hand ball on 18:06 - Dec 21 with 1815 viewsTejas

The hand ball incident is nothing more than a yellow. Him falling down like a big girls blouse holding his face trying to get Lewis sent off after the incident however should have been dealt with. Too much of that in today's game IMHO. Having said that, his sending off would not have changed the result.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 18:09]

Pittman's hand ball on 21:55 - Dec 21 with 1755 viewsbollieboy

The rules say that it was a yellow card but there is something wrong when a ball can inadvertently hit a defender on the line resulting in a sending off and cheating like that only calls for a yellow card.

A disgusting act which speaks a lot for what type of individual Pittman must be.

Pittman's hand ball on 22:06 - Dec 21 with 1741 viewsPlumbs

What? Cos he wouldn't sign for the Seasiders? Think it's just the pro game tbo where this sort of thing is the norm.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Pittman's hand ball on 22:22 - Dec 21 with 1730 viewsbollieboy

Nothing to do with not signing for Blackpool.

Disgusting, blatant cheating whoever did it. Being a Leeds fan of course you wouldn't undertstand that.

Pittman's hand ball on 22:45 - Dec 21 with 1720 viewsPlumbs

Being a man of the people I understand everything, but next thing you'll be telling me is Billy Bentley was the Tony Currie* of the Blackpool side at the time.

*dreams of a golden age

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Pittman's hand ball on 23:44 - Dec 21 with 1699 viewsWizaard

I guarantee that his second handball would have been a yellow if he hadn't already got one, if you catch my drift.

Made no difference to the result, but both him and Wilson were all too ready to drop to the ground at the slightest touch.

The penalty decision was for minimal contact and followed a number of dives from both in the first half.

Pittman's hand ball on 01:30 - Dec 23 with 1599 viewsOsbourne

Referee got this decision correct.
Yellow card, not a red card.

It was not preventing a goal scoring opportunity.

Subjectively, it would be nice to think that players would not bundle a ball into the net with their hands. It would also be nice to think that players would not dive, looking for penalties. But they do! It's defenders, beware, I'm afraid.

Rather like at cricket, do batsmen walk when they know they are out?
Well, the only time you will see an Australian batsmen walk, is when he runs out of petrol!

This folks is professional sport.
Objectively, Pittman knew the rules and took the risk of a yellow card!
In to the bargain, it could be argued that Joe Lewis, due to his reaction to the incident, was lucky not to be sent off.

Lets face it, the referee needs to be applauded for his handling of the game on Saturday.

Pittman's hand ball on 09:49 - Dec 23 with 1577 viewsWizaard

Yes, it was a yellow card, but what about his second deliberate handball about 15 minutes later when he jumped with his arms up to stop a forward ball?

What I objected to was him getting a shove in the shoulderblades from Lewis, then clutching his face. Just because it's 'part of the game' doesn't make it right.

Took the gloss of what had been a good performance by them. Callum Wilson was just as bad at dropping to the ground. They didn't need to do it. They were better than that. IMO

Pittman's hand ball on 16:33 - Dec 23 with 1541 views20togo

"Referee got this decision correct.
Yellow card, not a red card.

It was not preventing a goal scoring opportunity."

I agree that under the present rules the ref got it right. But I also think a rule could be created where a red card could be issued where a player deliberately uses his hand to create a goal scoring opportunity.

In other words the punishment should be the same. Scoring a goal by cheating is in fact probably a worse offence than denying a goal by cheating. In other words why is somebody who handles the ball on the line agets a red card offence worse than some-one who scores or tries to score with his hand.

Pittman's hand ball on 17:22 - Dec 23 with 1529 viewsbollieboy

Spot on 20's

Pittman's hand ball on 19:25 - Dec 23 with 1507 viewsOsbourne

Wizaard, 20togo, bollieboy,

I cannot remember exactly when the Pittman handball incident occurred. But it was in front of the South Stand, I suspect at 0-1?

It is a pity that Pittman could not of been given a red card. 10 man Bournemouth v 11 man Pool, what would of happened then?

An earlier post said that if Pittman's 2nd deliberate handball had been another player, then a yellow card would of been given. The referee did not want to send Pittman off.

Subjectively, I believe that there should be a lot more red cards given than referees actually give. My belief is that referees are scared of bad referee performance reports and bad press reports. A red card is rare. More than 1 red card in a match is very rare. Some of the incidents that one sees during matches worry me, but referees only award red cards as a last resort.

Just a thought, I would be interested to hear what others think?

I wish Pittman had gone. At what point in the match was the 2nd deliberate handball?

11 Blackpool v 10 Bournemouth, now that would of been interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024