Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Confused by calls for KO to step down 10:44 - Dec 24 with 4594 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

What difference would it make? The club won't likely be sold so will still be run and controlled by the same people whether job titles change or not.

Are people meaning the Oystons should actively start seeking a buyer? If so, this needs to be a single unified clear message. At the moment, the aim of protests is not clear and it's coming across as a whole lot of distorted noise.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 10:51 - Dec 24 with 3535 viewsHattonsTache

KO cannot continue in his role of chairman given the recent revelations - it is as simple as that. The contempt for the disabled and ordinary people (his customers) would lead to the sack for almost anybody else in any business. It is really that simple - his position as chairman is now untenable.
It would be an added bonus if the club was sold as well. Belekon has thrown his hat into the ring after last night's interview - things looking hopeful.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 11:23 - Dec 24 with 3511 viewsThe_Ghost

BHOK, it's a matter of principles now. He cannot continue as a public figure, representing BFC.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 11:26 - Dec 24 with 3504 viewsfleetwoodbry

As a matter of interest has Belekon made any sort of concrete offer to buy the club in total, or just the football side??

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 11:33 - Dec 24 with 3482 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's a good question - his English isn't all that great, so it'd hard to know exactly what he means to say some of the time. TAM will probably know better than anyone what he is likely to be interested in.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 12:26 - Dec 24 with 3450 viewsWizaard

Oyston has lost all credibility with the majority of fans as a result of the latest revelations. His family is that inextricably linked that as I see it, the best way forward is for them to sell up.

The preferred buyer for the fans would be Valeri because of his previous positive involvement.

Whether any of the above happens remains to be seen but the whole shitstorm makes it more likely than I would have thought possible.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 12:50 - Dec 24 with 3432 viewsjanegallagher

I would imagine the aim is a vote of no confidence for our current chairman and for him to step down immediately.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 12:53 - Dec 24 with 3423 viewsHarryHorse

Good post that Wiz

Merry Christmas btw

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 13:19 - Dec 24 with 3396 viewsWizaard

Merry Christmas to you too. See you in the New Year. Watford?

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 13:21 - Dec 24 with 3393 viewsHarryHorse

Villa !!

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 13:26 - Dec 24 with 3379 viewsWizaard

See you there

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 13:26 - Dec 24 with 3378 viewsBFCx3

No need to be confused it is all pretty straightforward stuff really.

Karl Oystons postion has become untenable, due to this latest public outburst having highlighted what many of us already knew only too well.

He has a confrontational approach to his role as Chairman and it would seem to life in general and as such he would seem to be the wrong type of character to hold such a position of trust and authority, notwithstanding his god awful record whenever he has been left without the guidance of Valeri Belokon.

As far as the future is concerned I would imagine that if Owen Oyston were able to re-engage with Mr Belokon and Valeri's influence were to be increased in regard to the decision making (the impression I get is that Karl has effectively been stonewalling Mr B) then there is a possibility that we could move forward on that basis and perhaps by installing an independent Chief Exec that both shareholders feel comfortable with.

Of course it is likely to be preferable that the Oystons sell up to VB lock stock and barrel, but other options could exist. The key for now as far as I can see, is ridding the club of Karl, who as we all know is the key issue and the person who tends to be unwilling to cooperate with fans, managers, board members etc...As outlined in the BST statement.

So to my mind, removing Karl alone may be an option for the Oystons to remain in situ in some capacity. Clearly though that will require some wholesale changes and a modernisation in thinking from Owen who needs to get to grips with the demands and responsibilities of modern day football and in particular the importance of carrying the fans and local community with you and showing them respect as opposed to acting like some kind of feudal overlord.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 13:41 - Dec 24 with 3362 viewsjanegallagher

You took your time
[Post edited 24 Dec 2014 13:42]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 13:55 - Dec 24 with 3334 viewsBFCx3

Season of goodwill and all that

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 14:54 - Dec 24 with 3247 viewsRusty2Stands

BHOK, you're a little confused? Then let me explain to you.
This is the latest in a long line of embarrassing episodes Karl Oyston has heaped on our great football club.
The Charlie Adam bonus court case, the state of the pitch, the Robbie Fowler £90 wages, the ridiculous amount of managers we go through, to name just a few. There are many more examples.
All of these have been out in the public domain and shown the club in a poor light.
It must be hard enough attracting players and fans to the club, even without this unwanted bad publicity.
Any dirty washing hung out in public, or any embarrassing episodes, Karl Oyston seems to be in the thick of it.
He is confrontational to the fans (his paying customers) and has succeeded in losing thousands of them, from seemingly a great position following the Premiership promotion. The head of any company or business should have the ability to bring everyone together to ensure a happy and properous environment, one which encourages success.
Karl Oyston has done the exact opposite and has only succeeded in alienating people and causing deep division.
Compare him to a certain Chairman just down the road who is welcoming people with open arms and being proactive in attracting new supporters. It's no conicidence that said Chairman's team are riisng through the leagues, whilst our team are heading in the opposite direction.
I have said and posted many times before that he isn't a fit and proper person to be the chairman of our great football club, for the reasons above and many more.
He's incompetent and out of his depth to be frank.
So I hope that has helped with your confusion BHOK.
Given the nature of some of your posts, I somehow doubt it though.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 15:27 - Dec 24 with 3245 viewsVoiceofReason

Good points made there Rusty.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 15:34 - Dec 24 with 3234 viewsseasider13

Dont sugar coat it Rusty, tell bohk what you really think,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 21:32 - Dec 24 with 3186 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

So it's all about KO for rusty. As long as he steps down, he's happy the club remains owned by the Oyston family. Still somewhat confused then.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 21:49 - Dec 24 with 3154 viewsRusty2Stands

Wrong again BHOK.
Koko is just one of the symptoms. The whole disease needs eradicating.
The whole Oyston family needs running out of the club, out of the town and never set foot here ever again.
Only a total fool or member of that family would think any different.
Is that clear enough for you?

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 22:02 - Dec 24 with 3168 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

It's precisely your first post that underlines my point. Why are people saying one thing but meaning another?

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 22:18 - Dec 24 with 3149 viewsballaragh

The whole rotten bunch need to go asap,but Karlo will do to be going on with.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 23:15 - Dec 24 with 3094 viewsRusty2Stands

Jog on BHOK and stop being such a prat.
Enjoy your Christmas dinner with Koko.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 00:42 - Dec 25 with 3080 viewsOverWired

I've just realised who you are.
Well not quite but it's got to be one of the two 'Scots' who were outside the club shop when SSN just happened to be there.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 00:50 - Dec 25 with 3078 viewsOverWired

Agreed BRRB. He doesn't come across very well although I think he knows exactly what he wants to infer. I'm glad you've had a good chat with TAM.

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 11:55 - Dec 26 with 2912 viewsTang67

To be fair it is a bit confusing
I think what most want is for VB to take over the club and appoint somebody who will do something to change the toxic culture which exists at BR
The majority think the Oyston family are not capable of this and in particular Karl
In fact I have not read a single post anywhere or by anybody who thinks Karl should stay
These texts reveal contempt for people with disabilities but also working people in general .
Disregarding the shitstorm Karl has started his performance has been woeful and his departure would be a starting point - he has brought the reputation of the club to a new low and sure he will have to resign from the Leagues board as well as chairman of BFC

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 15:49 - Dec 26 with 2854 viewshindu_seasider

If you had any ambition as a supporter you'd want him gone too. We are clearly stagnating under his regime, hence our current predicament. Unless you're happy we're in this situation?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024