Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clark 15:14 - Jan 5 with 2756 viewsLala

Seems to be a lot of critisism of Clark knocking about.

It's my opinion that since Holloway he has been our first manager who appears to display any sign of optimism for the role. Besides Ferguson, who seemed to be out of his depth, the other 2 seemed apathetic in the least.

So, why the beef with Clark. Is it purely that his team selections aren't alway popular ?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Clark on 15:39 - Jan 5 with 2735 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Far too defensive in his approach
One upfront clearly wasn't working yesterday as it hasn't for most of the season but he persists with it despite the fact we need wins not draws
That game was crying out for a a 20-30 min cameo by young Telford - he got 2 mins

#footballfirst

Clark on 15:49 - Jan 5 with 2722 views20togo

he's in an impossible situation through no fault of his own apart from accepting the poisoned chalice of a job.

At the moment I don't see that much difference between him and Riga. Both were and are on a hiding to nothing.

Clark on 15:53 - Jan 5 with 2712 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I think he's doing the best he can with what he has - but his instinct seems to be not to lose first, before he tries to win. So 20s and TAM both have a point.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Clark on 16:11 - Jan 5 with 2697 viewsFountain

Wrong manager. Given the position we were in, a manager with such an average CV who played defensively everywhere he's been was never going to turn defeats into wins. At least Riga tried.

File under Karl's luck ran out some time ago when choosing manager's.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 16:12]

slap me on the patio

Clark on 16:47 - Jan 5 with 2671 viewsFountain

An interesting debate would be whether things would be very different had Clark been the summer manager with the fallings out and the Riga the one to come in and replace him.

I think Clark would have left us with a couple, maybe 3 more points, but I reckon a more attacking minded manager like Riga would have picked up 2 perhaps 3 more wins than Clark has.

All in all I could see is still in the bottom 4 but nowhere near as far adrift.

slap me on the patio

Clark on 16:51 - Jan 5 with 2664 viewsWizaard

What we lack is real pace. On a few occasions we were in a good counter attacking position but didn't have the pace to get away. Barkhuizen should have been on for the last half hour, not 10 minutes.

Clark on 17:03 - Jan 5 with 2646 viewsMephistopheles

Collaborator!!!!

Clark on 17:07 - Jan 5 with 2640 viewsscratchingshed

Clark is as clueless as all the other ones before him.

Not since Holloway have we had a decent manager.

Oh and yes only one man to blame for it.

Clark on 18:00 - Jan 5 with 2589 viewsLala

Thanks guys,at least.that puts some validity to the Clark discontent. Poisoned chalice also, which is where I feel for him a little I guess.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Clark on 18:58 - Jan 5 with 2542 viewsBFCx3

Wrong man for the job IMO, but is there really a right one??!! I'd certainly prefer someone I felt would take the game to the opposition a bit more.

Maybe it's just the circumstances and I suppose it is hard to blame Clark for that, but his optimism almost comes across as naivety. As fans we have been there before, we realise what Clark is walking headlong into and we can predict the inevitable 'broken man' who will come out of the other side of one or two typical Karl Oyston transfer windows. Postitivity will carry him so far, but it is his performance in the transfer markets and tactical ability which will be the clincher, because Karl will smash his positivity otherwise.

Right now the whole club is toxic and until such time as we see a complete turnaround at the very top and some real positivity, leadership and direction from the owners, then for me any manager we appoint is going to be swimming against the tide.

That said, I'd like to see someone I felt had a bit more about them than Clark (albeit I reckon he will cut it in League 1)...Like Simon Grayson (who is also a good League 1 manager), Clark hasn't quite got the tactical nous or wherewithal to be really succesful at this level IMO.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 18:59]

Clark on 19:16 - Jan 5 with 2510 viewsFountain

Whether Clark has the nous at this level isn't the issue. The issue is that his managerial philosophy was not one we required when he was appointed., therefore that should have excluded him for the job. The FACt that he accepted the job 24 hours before Riga was sacked says more about why he was appointed.

The guys a muppet puppet and should be sacked NOW

slap me on the patio

Clark on 20:10 - Jan 5 with 2486 viewstangerinemoss

Who on earth would want this job at the moment?

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

Clark on 20:19 - Jan 5 with 2474 viewsFountain

ALWAYS someone and if they show any intent of trying to win a game then they'll be an improvement.

slap me on the patio

Clark on 21:48 - Jan 5 with 2446 viewsBFCx3

Founts I agree with you that the Clark philosphy is wrong for us, which maybe gives an indication of how little thought went into the appointment....Not the first time it has happened wither is it really...There is no thought for continuity when appointing a manager, which means each one has to do a rebuilding job in order to try and meet the requirements of a completely different strategy than the former manager.

Clark on 10:29 - Jan 6 with 2339 viewstangerinemoss

Founts, would normally agree, but remember how long it took to get Ince, and think how much water has gone under the bridge since.

Managers have to think of their own reputations, Clark was desperate cos he'd just been binned from a better team than us. There will come a point with KO's behavour where no one will want to work for him in any capacity.

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

Clark on 09:09 - Jan 8 with 2238 viewsBigbrother

My mate is a Shrewsbury fan and Clark was at their game on Saturday - presumably watching Bobby Grant - least he's interested enough to go and watch a League Two game - Riga didn't even bother to watch his own youth team or behind closed doors games!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024