Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legal Action Against Tim Fielding 07:14 - Jan 9 with 29775 viewsSince1967

The most startling revelation by Owen in his letter is that he is suing Tim Fielding. Talk about lighting the blue touch paper

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 07:47 - Jan 9 with 16192 viewsPlumbs

I hope not as he'll have Supporters Direct and the Football Supporters Federation behind him.Looks like an 'end game' from Mr O if that happens-shit or bust as it were.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 08:55 - Jan 9 with 16122 viewsbfcpete

As TIm is a lawyer I would be very, very surprised if he has said anything that is near to defamation. This would seem to be an attempt to silence the opposition

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 09:02 - Jan 9 with 16106 viewsscratchingshed

The Oystons are finished if this goes ahead, taking on one fan is bad enough but to take on Tim And BST is just suicide.

Tim and BST have always kept on the side of caution in all this mess and not said anything at all which is slanderous also coupled with the fact Tim is in the legal profession I think it spells disaster for the Oystons.

Still if that's what this horrible family want then bring it on.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2015 9:10]

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 09:34 - Jan 9 with 16046 viewsWizaard

Tim has stood down from BST with immediate effect, presumably to focus on his response. Seems like madness on the Oystons part to me. As Scratchingshed says, I don't recall anything untoward from Tim, with BST catching the mood perfectly in their measured responses.

Plus, he's still in the ground every week. If he was that much trouble then he'd be banned.

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 10:08 - Jan 9 with 15994 viewsterminallytangerine

Sorry to hear this.

I have always found Tim to be vey personable and will now no doubt be under a lot of mental stress.

I wish him well.

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 10:26 - Jan 9 with 15970 viewsOldSkool

Appalling news.

Exit strategy next?

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 10:51 - Jan 9 with 15931 viewstde74

This is so far beyond the pale, I don't know where to start with this one.

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 11:07 - Jan 9 with 15911 viewsCurryman

Once again it is the bully's way of silencing people. If you are hearing something you don't like use whatever weight you have, in their case money, to bully other people into either thinking your way or better still not thinking at all. All dictatorships use the same strategy, using the power of their respective regimes to quell public discontent and opposition.

Fortunatelly the O's can't shoot people or imprison them but as for torture, well just look at the last two seasons.

Good luck Tim, I hope you have a field day in your defence, I have seen nothing wrong in any of your statements.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 12:18 - Jan 9 with 15828 viewsWizaard

This latest move completely baffles me. Every statement about how money has gone from the club into various Oyston businesses is all there in the accounts, as the likes of Khon Kaen and ODB have demonstrated many times. As such, BST have used the same base data that Owen is using to demonstrate how wonderful they've been.

Very odd turn of events with potentially catastrophic impact on Tim's life. As such, the next steps have to be his sole decision, not that of internet forums promising to help. When it comes to it, it's not our livelihood at stake.

For what it's worth, I think he has a far better defence that TRUTH, if what has been posted elsewhere is right. The two cases are completely different in that the allegations made by the latter are of a far more personal nature.

As such, I don't think the two should be lumped together but treated as separate.

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 12:25 - Jan 9 with 15820 viewstde74

Completely agree with that - entirely separate cases.

If Tim made a public apology, I don't think anyone should think less of him in light of the situation to be honest.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 12:50 - Jan 9 with 15782 viewsArchibaldKnox

Oyston's main defence appears to be that the club has £31m in assets. As the majority of these assets are loans to other Oyston companies this is a fig leaf of a defence, barely covering his inadequacies. After all, haven't the auditors already qualified the accounts by stating they are uncertain as to whether these loans would ever be repaid and so doubt their asset value?

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 13:17 - Jan 9 with 15730 viewsThe_Ghost

To me it looks like they are trying to link TRUTH's comments to Tim, or suggesting that his position and comments have damaged the club in some way and led to a loss of revenue.

Either way, it sounds like a desperate attempt to discredit him. I hope there isn't some dialogue between him and the club that we aren't privy too, as I'd like to see him win this and humiliate the owners.

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 13:38 - Jan 9 with 15687 viewsWizaard

That's why some fans' comments to set up some kind of defence fund linking the two cases has to be resisted.

I for one, am uncomfortable with the alleged personal comments made by TRUTH which have nothing to do with the financial comments made by BST and others.

As such, there is no logical case for linking the two other than they are two Blackpool fans being sued by the Oystons.

That may be harsh, but if Tim intends fighting this, he should do it as his own standalone case. After all, it's his livelihood and financial future that's at stake.

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 15:09 - Jan 9 with 15592 viewsCurryman

I think we have to thank Owen for uniting the fans.

By threatening court action against a man of principle, such as Tim, has done more to unite the fans than all the other previous mis-conceived episodes the fans have had to endure.

Do they not realise the bridges are not just burned but also cannot be rebuilt.

I am at a complete loss as to their motives or how their minds work.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 15:12 - Jan 9 with 15581 viewswespens

Outrageous and pathetic by OO HOWEVER using the term assett stripping was partciularly foolish IMHO

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 15:14 - Jan 9 with 15572 viewsOdinsRaven

This is the final straw for me

It's war here on in

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 15:19 - Jan 9 with 15563 viewscrewcut

Just like in medieval times, a robber baron with money, power and influence will always scythe down any perceived opposition or threat.

Things haven't changed much I'm sorry to report.

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 15:31 - Jan 9 with 15534 viewsPlumbs

What a good post and from a 'Bank of England' fan.

I hope others read this and understand its a unifying issue.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 16:28 - Jan 9 with 15494 viewsTejas

It certainly appears to be the end of times for the Oystons. As bad as this is for Tim (and the others) it looks like the fans have finally united which can only be positive. I'm waiting to see the National media response to this as I can't see it going well for Oyston.

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 17:20 - Jan 9 with 15451 viewsSouthshorepool

We should be giving all who are currently the subject of proceedings against them our unqualified and unwavering support. What the O's are doing is a disgrace. It is the action of a vindictive, wounded family. Their position will soon become untenable. It takes a lot to disgust me but they have managed it.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 17:30 - Jan 9 with 15440 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

Agreed SSP, anybody sitting on their hands now should never be allowed to applaud anything at Bloomfield Road again

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 19:10 - Jan 9 with 15357 viewsribble

Yet another dismal turn of events. I absolutely fail to see what the Oyston's hope to achieve by pursing Tim and the others through the courts. A shambolic, unholy mess, and one entirely of the Oystons' own making. The only silver lining here is that this could well blow up in their collective faces.

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 19:50 - Jan 9 with 15307 viewsfamousgrouse

Tim is a lawyer and will know all the protocol involved in an action such as this. He has correctly distanced himself from BST so that Owen's statement about responding to the Trust whilst he has an action against one of their officers, does not hold water.

Whilst we all wholeheartedly support what Tim has done as individuals I am sure that he will wish to ensure that distance from the Trust is maintained. Talk of a "slush fund" to pay legal costs is premature, however well- intended. I am sure much more will come out of this over the ensuing weeks.

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 21:50 - Jan 9 with 15239 viewstangerinemoss

A few regulars missing off this thread, maybe they have posted elsewhere?

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

Legal Action Against Tim Fielding on 22:46 - Jan 9 with 15181 viewsSouthshorepool

If you're referring to who I think you mean, he's up north with family and literally no Internet but do carry on.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024