Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds 18:02 - Jan 28 with 1957 viewsthe_stockport_one

Hi

As you may know i took on the task of getting help from Amanda Jacks at the Football Supporters Federation regarding KO's refusal to refund next year's season ticket money. This is her reply today. I will update when i next hear from her.

Hello Andy

Just to let you know that I've gone to the Football League to ask for their help in this matter. I've asked the League to get Blackpool to provide a copy of the terms and conditions of sale of the season tickets or if they can't do that, what area of consumer law they are relying on in NOT providing refunds.

In the meantime, you may like to contact Citizens Advice or the Money Advice Service to get their views. I've had to take some leave for the next few days otherwise I'd do this on your behalf.

I'll come back to you as soon as I hear back from the League.

Best wishes

Amanda

DEFEND THE STOCKPORT ONE

Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds on 18:51 - Jan 28 with 1932 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

The customer charter is here:

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/cms_images/other/customer-charter-new-2014-15204-17

and says

"Season ticket refunds will only be granted in extenuating circumstances, to be decided by the club. All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the club."

so if they decide no, I think they are covered. Good luck in your quest though.

Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds on 19:04 - Jan 28 with 1925 viewsthe_stockport_one

hI BHOK

I sent that to Amanda and she has asked the football league to investigate some questions further.

If they sell up where does the money go ?

DEFEND THE STOCKPORT ONE

Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds on 19:31 - Jan 28 with 1914 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

There's so many companies involved in and around BFC I wouldn't even know where to begin in trying to work out the conditions of any sale!

Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds on 19:37 - Jan 28 with 1912 viewsTejas

If they sell up any loans due to the club (or owed) will be a condition of sale. It will be between the buyer and seller. The complication as I see it is Belekon's share, in theory they would need his oversight of any sale and that may place "unacceptable" conditions on the Oyston's ill gained monies.

Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds on 20:07 - Jan 28 with 1899 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

So Belekon may end up blocking any sale?

Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds on 20:14 - Jan 28 with 1885 viewsBISONS

A customer charter holds no weight whatsoever. The law however is a different kettle of fish. The purchased product no longer exists. We don't have a Riga revolution and so to place all their eggs in one basket like they have will come back and bite them on the arse.

And rightly so.

The sooner the rats desert this sinking ship the better.

Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds on 20:15 - Jan 28 with 1884 viewsolneyseasider

I'd understood the new articles adopted last year included drag along rights, where the majority can force the minority to join in any sale. Haven't checked though so don't know if that's right or what the percentages were re the VB shareholding.

Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds on 20:26 - Jan 28 with 1880 viewsTejas

I doubt Belekon would intentionally block a sale. However, the complications of his share holding might put the Oystons off selling up.

Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds on 21:08 - Jan 28 with 1853 viewsPlumbs

Ask Glasgow Rangers...

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds on 08:22 - Jan 29 with 1780 viewsWizaard

My understanding was that once you're over 75% shareholding, you can do what you want. That's what happened with the Glaziers and Man U. Doesn't Belokon hold 20%, plus maybe 2 or 3 % private holders.

I think they have the requisite amount, in other words and could sell up if they wished.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 8:23]

Reply From FSF Regarding Two Year ST Refunds on 14:11 - Jan 29 with 1703 viewsPlumbs

'The Glaziers'...? Was someone putting some windows in?

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024