Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Osbourne predicted incorrectly - sorry. 19:57 - Feb 21 with 12418 viewsOsbourne

3 points have been taken from the last 42 points available.
Not quite what Osbourne, and I am sure other Pool followers were looking for.

14 FIXTURES REMAINING :
Brentford - away - (0-4 loss, 0 points gained, 22points, league position 24th)
Wigan - home - (1-3 loss, 0 points, 22 points, league position 24th)
Birmingham - away - (0-1 loss, 0 points, 22 points, league position 24th)
Sheffield Wed - home - (0-1 loss, 0 points, 22 points, league position 24th)

STOP PRESS : Osbourne can only alter his predictions so many times! The equation now is Pool need 8 wins out of 10. "The moon can now move out of Pool's quarter" just 2 more times.

Bournemouth - away - (0-4 loss, 0 points gained, 22 points, league position 24th)

STOP PRESS : 9 matches now left. Would 46 points be enough?

Charlton - home - (0-3 loss, 0 points gained, 22 points, league position 24th)

BLIMEY : POOL NEED 8 ON THE BOUNCE NOW (When the going gets tough, the tough get going!)

Leeds - home - (1-1 draw, 1 point gained, 23 points, league position 24th)

LAST 7 NOW - "JUST GO OUT AND ENJOY YOURSELVES" - "NO PRESSURE" - OSBOURNE SAYS : "NO PRESSURE? - WHAT ARE THESE GUYS ON?"

Bolton - away - (1-1 draw, 1 point gained, 24 points, league position 24th)

LAST 6 NOW - "If Rotherham beat Brighton on Easter Monday, Pool are gone."

Reading - home - (1-1 draw, 1 point gained, 25 points, league position 24th)
Ipswich - away - (3-2 loss, 0 points gained, 25 points, league position 24th)
Derby - away - (4-0 loss, 0 points gained, 25 points, league position 24th)

Fulham - home - (1-0 loss, 0 points gained, 25 points, league position 24th)

Cardiff - away - (3-2 loss, 0 points gained, 25 points, league position 24th)
Huddersfield - home - (0-0 at half time, can Pool be relegated with an unfinished match?)

[Post edited 11 May 2015 16:27]

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 20:35 - Feb 21 with 7183 viewsscratchingshed

Don't take this personally Ozzie but you're deluded mate.

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 20:41 - Feb 21 with 7179 viewsolneyseasider

To be honest you can't resist such positivity. So for sheer optimism and the time thinking about it ... One of those thumbs up thingys.

Not a chance of course but it still made me smile.

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 20:55 - Feb 21 with 7170 viewsOneDaveBamber

44 needed?

Try 48 at the very least.

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 20:56 - Feb 21 with 7169 viewsPNENIL

So that's 4 wins on the trot then seeing off Charlton , Leeds, Bolton and Reading.
Maybe go for a double of us staying up and England winning the cricket world cup?
I like Osbourne's blind optimism , the fact that he refers to himself in the third person and that his posts are polite but a little bit loopy.

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 20:57 - Feb 21 with 7168 viewsscratchingshed

So someone is predicting 8 wins from 14 games yet so far this season we have managed just 4 wins from 32 games.

I don't even think Lee Clark would predict that.

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 21:43 - Feb 21 with 7156 viewsseasider13

Boy O Boy, i like to think my glass is half full, but not this time around,

Cheers all the same Osbourne, made me smile.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 22:09 - Feb 21 with 7146 viewsjanegallagher

I love your optimism Osbourne. Breath of fresh air xx

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 23:14 - Feb 21 with 7125 viewsCurryman

Well Osbourne, I should leave fungi picking and eating alone if you don't know what you're doing.

There are roughly 200 species of mushroom that can be classified as ‘magic’. Their common ingredient, psilocybin, induces mind-altering effects by forming new neural pathways in the brain. This can result in euphoria, hallucinations, and changed perception of the passage of time. It can also induce nausea and panic attacks.

On second thoughts send me some it may take my mind off the current mess we're in.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 00:38 - Feb 22 with 7101 viewsgiro

Osborne,

You seem to have missed out on the latest parliamentary legislation.

Being in charge of a keyboard, whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs, carries a custodial sentence!
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 0:38]

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 04:32 - Feb 22 with 7076 viewsOsbourne

OneDaveBamber,

All Pool are trying to do is hang on in there for the last day of the season survival job.

My predictions actually give Pool 46 points. If it is 48 that is needed then Pool could slip in another win along the line somewhere. Maybe at Bloomfield Road v Sheffield Wednesday or a shock result at Portman Road away at Ipswich.

44 points kept Birmingham up last season but relegated Doncaster. That is why I am using 44 points as an indicator.

It's how I see it. Pretty sure I will be proved correct come early May. I concede that the Huddersfield match will be climatic, but I see no reason why the Pool boys cannot pull it off. I would imagine that they would all (the entire squad) be on a very big incentive bonus from Mr Oyston which will help of course.

Very surprised that others on AVFTT are struggling to see the obvious pathway to Championship survival. I of course would be very disappointed to be relegated on goal difference a la Doncaster last season, but I think that towards the end of the 2014-15 campaign any readjustments that are needed could be sorted. A win at Cardiff could put the goal difference problem out of the equation. It needs to be watched though.

Anything can happen in football. Bradford City beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge recently!
6 points v Brentford and Wigan would be handy. A win v Wigan is very important.

Pretty sure we will all be watching Championship football at Bloomfield Road 2015-16.
It's a better league to be in than Division 1.

(Doncaster Rovers has now been edited to Bradford City).
The point here is of course, it is very easy to get non-descript Division 1 teams mixed up. One doesn't (and one can include Osbourne in this) get Championship sides mixed up. For AVFTT readers and posters amusement, Osbourne himself watched the whole of the Fleetwood v Bradford City match thinking he was watching Fleetwood v Doncaster Rovers and could not understand why the chant from the away terrace was "Come on City!"

Get your laughs in quickly at Osbourne's expense though. It will be Osbourne who has the last laugh after the Huddersfield match in May at Bloomfield Road. Osbourne's bet, shall we call it an investment? on Pool's Championship survival is not insubstantial. Osbourne will be having a celebratory double burger (with cheese and onions) after the match and enjoying the moment before I pick up my winnings on Monday morning. A nice little earner, a nice little investment. We will see, we will see.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 9:37]

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 08:01 - Feb 22 with 7064 viewsCurryman

' Doncaster beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge recently! '

Do you mean Bradford?

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 09:15 - Feb 22 with 7047 viewsPlumbs

He might have meant the battle of Stamford Bridge,Yorkshire in 1066.

It'd be a lot easier on here if we were represented by a decent history teacher or two.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 09:46 - Feb 22 with 7028 viewsOsbourne

All corrected to Bradford City with explanation.

Get your laughs in at Osbourne's expense quick. Osbourne of course will have the last laugh come the Huddersfield game at Bloomfield Road in May.

The motto is "fight until the bitter end, you might just be surprised." It is going to get a lot, lot tighter than one thinks. Historian or not. Osbourne the Historian and educator, yes I like that. A proffhssional edukater, that sounds about right!!!

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 10:24 - Feb 22 with 7018 viewsAVFTTConvert

Good effort Ossie

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 12:08 - Feb 22 with 6967 viewsTheOldKopRoof

We did the maths a few weeks ago,
We now have a win % of around 10% over the past year.
We need to now convert that to over 57.

Including your prediction of 4 on the bounce

Failure to win on Tuesday, a pretty much nailed on certainty, makes it a 62% win ratio needed.

Relegation. Prepare for it.

Karl Oyston. All that is bad about human nature.

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 14:16 - Feb 22 with 6864 viewsWizaard

I don't think anyone thinks we're doing anything but going down but as they say, football is a funny old game, and teams have escaped from this kind of predicament before.

The one snag with that, is that it's usually a side playing well below their capabilities who suddenly hit form. I'm not sure that we're better than getting a point at Blackburn, something were at our best to get yesterday.

Even then, it's better to be optimistic than pessimistic, so all power to Osbourne, and let's hope he's right.

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 14:24 - Feb 22 with 6858 viewsTheOldKopRoof

Not slating the lad at all Wiz. Wish I had 5% of his optimism.

Karl Oyston. All that is bad about human nature.

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 14:41 - Feb 22 with 6852 viewsWizaard

Quite so. I've been criticised in the past for too much optimism, but even I can't see us escaping this one.

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 17:16 - Feb 22 with 6799 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne again,

Nice to be called "the lad."

Maybe "the old gezzer," would be a more accurate description!

A wise old gezzer though!

It's how I see it. Wizaard can almost see it happening too. It will.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 17:17]

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 08:35 - Feb 24 with 6683 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne here,

Tonight, away at Brentford, is not one of my 8 predicted wins on Pool's march to survival.

1 point or 3 points tonight would be a bonus to put us above schedule.

Hope Jeffrey Rentmeister navigated the M25 ok. When Pool went to Fulham the bus got lost!

I'll be listening on the radio.

Puppet? "I'm trying to keep Pool in the Championship."

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 23:55 - Feb 24 with 6641 viewsOldSkool

Wake up and smell the coffee weirdo

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 00:17 - Feb 25 with 6632 viewsscratchingshed

We'll get beat by Wigan on Saturday just wait and see, and hopefully Clark will walk.

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 12:10 - Feb 25 with 6591 viewsOsbourne

Despite Scratcher's "blue" mood! Pool are still on course via Osbourne's "escape prediction route."

Brentford away was down as a 0 pointer.

8/13 now. There are some real winnable games in there. I don't like the expression "6 pointers," as 3 points is 3 points, but Wigan, Charlton, Bolton and Fulham are big movement games. 6 pointers? A little like giving 110% - all one can give is 100%. Did no commentators study maths at school?
Pool boys can still do it - minus Jeffrey Rentmeister though now. He got them to Brentford OK though!

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 16:21 - Feb 26 with 6556 viewsBertandErnie

Ossie - whatever you're taking son should be on the NHS - least you didn't predict a win at Brentford and so have a 100% record!!

Osbourne's predictions for the Pool road to safety on 16:42 - Feb 26 with 6554 viewsOsbourne

Bert and Ernie,

Thanks for noting my 100% record.

Think you will find the 100% record is still in tact come 5pm Saturday.

Sweating a bit on O'Hara's fitness, "Stocky, quick over the first 10 yards and a left foot like silk." However, I understand the massage people have been at the rib cage, so I am confident he will play. Essential in the middle of the park, sprays the ball around like a reincarnated Liam Brady.

It's how I see it. Think I'll be proved right come early May. I just hope we don't go down on goal difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024