Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? 16:13 - Feb 26 with 2966 viewsSTHolder

Only way for me to get rid of Clark, get rid of all the deadwood and give someone else a shot - this season has been poisoned and everyone who has been part of it should go (sadly the main protagonists will have to stay behind and clear up the mess).

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 16:16 - Feb 26 with 2963 viewsoneswallow

It's what we deserve under the Oyston's - the more humiliation on the pitch, the more off it as far as I'm concerned.

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 16:23 - Feb 26 with 2952 viewsbig_bloomers

Not that we deserve to lose every game but with this side I sadly can't see where the next win will come from - we have only won games where the other side have been useless!

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 20:09 - Feb 26 with 2934 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's a way of thinking I find hard to fathom, to be honest. I wouldn't see much point in going if I was n't going to root for them when I got there.

And I have to say that I think it is by no means certain that relegation would mean the end of Clark. Your OP implies that it necessarily follows, but it doesn't.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 20:23 - Feb 26 with 2926 viewsOdinsRaven

I think if we lose to Wigan it would in a way stop all the we can still stay up malarky. I just think a draw or a pool win causes the torture to drag out more. I thought we were down in august but of course there is always that possible survival scenario which a loss to Wigan should just about put to bed.
I do realise some people will hold out until its mathematical but surely survival would just prove oyston right. Its tough wanting your club to fail just to prove it is actually owned by the most despised man in Blackpool. Its a lose lose scenario

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 20:29 - Feb 26 with 2923 viewsTejas

Want Pool to lose - no, never. This notion that a reduced crowd and poor results will speed up the removal of the Oystons is a fantasy in my opinion. They couldn't care less.

As for getting rid of Clark, what for? I don't rate him at all but he's not the problem.

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 20:38 - Feb 26 with 2916 viewsribble

Like Tejas, I would never want my team to lose, no matter what the circumstances - a fairly fundamental plank in the platform on which we, as supporters, supposedly take our stand. Forget that and you might as well give up, frankly.

And in any case, as Robbie says, relegation will not guarantee the dismissal of the manager nor will it necessarily hasten the demise of the owners. If anything it would make the club an even less attractive proposition to potential buyers than it is now.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 20:39]

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 21:22 - Feb 26 with 2897 viewsWizaard

No, I don't want us to lose. Ever.

And the notion that it would remove Oyston or Clark is fanciful at best.

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 22:06 - Feb 26 with 2881 viewsPNENIL

So what good would any wins do us from now until the end of the season?
Its completely pointless in the position we're in and thats why many people have stopped going.
More importantly though, a very low points total and a massive minus
goals difference at the end of the season will show the Oystons up for what they are. It will show that you can't virtually close the club down in the summer for three months and get rid of all your players every season.
Anything else, a small success with a few wins and a near miss in staying up and you will have them back in the media trying to justify things and delivering the same old cr@p at season ticket time and the same old cr@p in funding and budget thereafter.

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 22:18 - Feb 26 with 2871 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

That post suggests that pursuing an agenda is a lot more important to you than supporting the club. The "good" that wins could do us - if there were enough of them - would be to keep us up.

I understand your ambivalence towards the owners. But you are letting that get in the way of what's most important.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 22:20 - Feb 26 with 2867 viewsPlumbs

Personally I think the club should try this for one game-say the Leeds game and allow their fans to have 5k seats.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 22:48 - Feb 26 with 2850 viewsribble

To hope we go down with a huge minus goal difference and no more points than we have now just to show up the owners is a very bizarre way of thinking.

What on earth do you think will happen if (when) we go down in that manner? Will Karl have a road to Domascus moment? Will the Oyston war chest suddenly creak open? Will we have a bright, young talented squad in place by the end of June?

Nope. More cr@p on an even cr@pper budget, that's what will happen.

Don't wish it upon yourself.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 22:49]

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 23:04 - Feb 26 with 2828 viewsRusty2Stands

I understand your ambivalence towards the owners. But you are letting that get in the way of what's most important.

From where I'm standing the single most important thing is getting rid of the Oystons.
That's a battle that has to be won otherwise the club we all love is going to sink to depths none of us have seen before. And that includes the fans old enough to witness.
re-election.
Scraping the odd win or draw for the remainder of the season is small fry compared to the real battle of ridding the club of the biggest threat to it's very existence.
To me and many other fans, the football has become almost irrelevant.
There may be a team in tangerine shirts still going out on the pitch, and to those of you who can still raise enough enthusiasm to support them, you have my admiration.
It's a shell of a club, purely run for one family's greed and now seemingly for one person's childish and twisted revenge.
As far as I'm concerned there is nothing left to support.
And until they go, that's how it will remain.

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 23:23 - Feb 26 with 2817 viewsPNENIL

Let me turn that around then . Thinking a few cheap wins at the end of the season will make any difference is bizarre thinking . Will that open the Oyston war chest?
I make no apologies for feeling the way I do and I know im not on my own .

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 00:37 - Feb 27 with 2796 viewsOsbourne

Blimey,

I think you all (or at least most of you) better read the following thread :

"OSBOURNE'S PREDICTIONS FOR THE POOL ROAD TO SAFTEY"

8 predicted wins are :

Wigan - home
Birmingham - away
Charlton - home
Leeds - home
Bolton - away
Reading - home
Fulham - home
Huddersfield - home

That would be 8/13 wins and 46 points, allowing also 5 losses along the way.

3 points on Saturday v Wigan and onwards.

Osbourne just cannot believe your slant on the situation. Pool have still got to play Wigan, Birmingham, Charlton, Leeds, Bolton, Reading, Fulham, and Huddersfield. Wigan, Charlton, Leeds, Reading, Fulham and Huddersfield at Bloomfield Road.

Blimey, all these sides are beatable, especially at Bloomfield Road.

Forest have just turned Bournemouth over! They were very lucky to of left Bloomfield Road with a point.

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 01:58 - Feb 27 with 2791 viewsseasider13

I always want Blackpool to win, any other way of thinking as I've read on this thread is just so alien to me.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 07:56 - Feb 27 with 2773 viewsTangent

I think the only people that want us to stay up and suffer another season of shite are the people that bought 2 year season tickets. And this is only to justify that they didn't foolishly waste their money.

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 08:53 - Feb 27 with 2758 viewsOsbourne

Blimey!

What a strange thing to say.

Do fans not actually want Pool to win?

Osbourne just cannot credit this mentality.

Just can't credit it.

Osbourne says :

- Malkie Mackie (which I cannot spell) - which isn't a problem! leaving Bloomfield road on Saturday!

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 11:43 - Feb 27 with 2719 viewsTejas

Tangent — I think it’s just a difference of opinion. I’m pretty sure that we both want the same outcome (the Oystons replaced with owners who have the Football Club at heart rather than a personal cash cow), we simply disagree on how best to “help that process along”.

You clearly believe (as many others do) that an empty stadium will encourage the Oystons to move on, and poor results will help that process. I believe the opposite is true. I saw this in the late ‘70’s early ‘80’s (as you may have done too). Outrage at Alan Brown’s sacking and a slip down the leagues over the next 5/6 years was soon following by apathy and disinterest in the Club, both locally and Nationally. Within a decade we’d become a Club of the lower leagues and nobody cared about our fate, especially the media. The Footballing World looked down on us as a minnow; some of that legacy still remains.

I know things were slightly different then, in addition to the issues of today we had football violence on the terraces to deal with, which kept many decent supporters away but there are similarities between the two eras. I believe the media are far less interested in a lower league poorly supported Club and what will help our plight against the Oystsons more than anything else is their constant exposure to the National Press, who unlike the spineless local outlets (the EG and Radio Lancs) aren’t scared to take the “family” on.

Add this to my stubbornness that nobody, especially the Oystons, will stop me supporting the Club I’ve followed my entire life, then I have to say, in my case anyway, your point on the 2 year season tickets is way off mark.

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 19:32 - Feb 27 with 2668 viewsWizaard

Why the switch? I thought perceived wisdom was that Oyston was comfortable in League One?

Suddenly it means he'll leave. Something doesn't add up.

All or Nothing - anyone want us to lose every game? on 20:15 - Feb 27 with 2643 viewsribble

Spot on, Tejas. As a Championship club with, erm..... 'interesting' owners, we're newsworthy. As a League 1 club, we'll be invisible. You can forget the Daily Mail, Guardian and the rest. That's just the way it works and, no doubt, exactly the way the Oystons will want it. Think about it.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 20:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024