Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remarkable Wigan are shorter odds than we are! 16:16 - Feb 26 with 1919 viewsoneswallow

Get this one in before Osbourne but when have we ever played a team in 23rd place and our odds were longer than theirs of a win. Not sure that happened even in the Prem!

Remarkable Wigan are shorter odds than we are! on 16:19 - Feb 26 with 1913 viewsBertandErnie

First time ever I bet against Blackpool on Tuesday and made a nice tidy profit - would advise others to when we play Derby and Bournemouth - easy money!

Remarkable Wigan are shorter odds than we are! on 16:27 - Feb 26 with 1910 viewsOsbourne

oneswallow,

Osbourne has already noted the odds.

9/4 for a Pool win on Saturday. Pool's home form is good. O'Hara's fitness is a problem. But the bookmakers are there for the taking on Saturday. A Pool win, win, win.

Probably a 1-0, but if Pool take the game to Wigan, it will be a win by a lot more. This is one of Osbourne's predicted wins on the road to Champioship survival.

I'll be picking up my winnings on Monday morning from my "Turf Accountant."

I'll bring all the best available odds back to the top of the AVFTT message board for all to see.

It's how I see it. "Suck the ball into Wigan's onion bag please everyone!"
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 16:32]

Remarkable Wigan are shorter odds than we are! on 16:52 - Feb 26 with 1896 viewsOsbourne

Bert and Ernie,

Learn how to beat the bookies please.

Go with the long odds, not the short odds. It pays in the end.

1/3 Derby and Bournemouth.
9 or 10/1 Pool.

Do the mathematics please!
I'm expecting 2 of the Derby, Bournemouth and Ipswich games to go against the form book. Blimey, everyone is beating Bournemouth at the moment! They are too pretty, especially that pretty boy manager of theirs. Need hair dryers in the dressing rooms! They get upset away from home where there is no under floor heating - or hair dryers!

It's how I see it. Think I'll be proved right.

Remarkable Wigan are shorter odds than we are! on 17:21 - Feb 26 with 1884 viewsWizaard

Bizarrely you're right. 5 wins to date at 10/1 and more have paid out more than 19 defeats at odds on prices.

Remarkable Wigan are shorter odds than we are! on 17:58 - Feb 26 with 1875 viewschesterbfc

Tryin to figure it out, cos I,m losin big style so could u spell the bet out for plebs like me?

Remarkable Wigan are shorter odds than we are! on 21:27 - Feb 26 with 1836 viewsWizaard

If you'd put a pound on us for every game to date at 10/1 you'd spend £32 to date.

Five wins would give you £55 return.

Nineteen bets on the opposition winning coming in at 3/1 on gives a return around £25 for the wins, ie around 30p per game plus stake back.

You'd lose on the draws, obviously.

Remarkable Wigan are shorter odds than we are! on 23:10 - Feb 26 with 1810 viewsOsbourne

chesterbfc,

It's not easy to beat the bookies, but the bookies know Pool are a liability this season!

The point is, for example, when Pool played away at Norwich, the odds were thus :

Norwich win 1/3 ie odds on
Pool win 12/1 ie odds against.

So, to talk big for the sake of effect :
A £100 bet on a Pool win would of paid out 1200 + your £100 back = £1300
While a £100 bet on a Norwich win paid out £33.33 + your £100 back = £133.33.

The point of course is that Pool did not win at Carrow Road, it was 4-0!

When Pool beat Brighton at Bloomfield Road the odds were thus :
Pool 4/1
Brighton 17/20

Therefore a £100 bet on a Pool win paid out £400 + your £100 back = £500
While a £100 bet on Brigton (if they had won) would of paid out £85 + your £100 back = £185.

The point is this. Back "odds on" and you might win more often, but you wont win much money!

Back "odds against" and you will win much more when you win, but you will have to be prepared to not win so often!

As Blackpool go in to these last 13 matches there are going to be some seriously long (favourable) odds on a Blackpool win. eg the Bournemouth away match. The Ipswich away match and the Derby away match. The odds could easily be as high as the Norwich away match of 12/1!

The secret is to follow your gut feeling and chance your arm when you feel Pool might turn one of these teams over. It is the climax of the season now, Pool will have to chance their arm now and freak results could happen. Bournemouth for example are losing unexpectedly all over the place at the moment!

A word of warning though. Remember, the bookmakers also have the draw result in there too. Therefore one is betting on a 3 horse race not a 2 horse race.

chesterbfc, I, Osbourne, too, am well down this season. I recouped to an extent with the Pool home wins v Cardiff, Birmingham, Millwall and Brighton. However, the Pool win odds on these games were no where near the 12/1 offered at Norwich.

I intend to watch the form and to follow my gut feelings for when the wins come. Prepare for unexpected results. BUT BE CAREFUL.

Wigan this Saturday is a 9/4 for a Pool win. eg £10 pays £22.50 + your £10 back = £32.50

One has got to make one's own opinion, but I, Osbourne think that Pool will win this Saturday.

What I am really waiting for is some big odds to appear v say Birmingham away, Sheffield Wednesday at home, Leeds at home, Reading at home, Ipswich away I think could be an upset and Cardiff away. Decide the form and try to recoup.

I have every confidence in the Pool boys pulling some unexpected results out of the hat.

Hope this helps chesterbfc. I can't really believe I am saying anything you don't know already. But maybe I am. Fellow AVFTT addict - "good luck."

Osbourne enjoys nothing more than a Pool win at Bloomfield Road at long odds. Pool's form away from Bloomfield Road has produced some unbelievably long odds this season, but no wins! Could this all change in the climatic part of the season. I wonder. 12/1 win at Bournemouth would give me no end of amusement!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 23:15]

Remarkable Wigan are shorter odds than we are! on 08:37 - Feb 27 with 1777 viewsOsbourne

chesterbfc,

Simplification!

Remember also that odds of 10/1 or 12/1 (Norwich away) on a Pool win are rare. eg :

Pool were 7/1 at Brentford : Brentford were 4/9
Pool were 6/1 at Blackburn :
Pool were 7/1 at home v Middlesbrough : Middlesbrough were 11/20
Pool were 4/1 at home v Brighton : Brighton were 17/20
Pool were 2/1 at home v Millwall
Pool were 12/1 at Norwich : Norwich were 1/3

Therefore, 33 bets of £1.00 each on a Pool win at say 10/1 (these odds only appear occasionally) pays out 4 times at £10 a time = £40 + your £4 back = £44. The outlay is £33 so one is up on the bookies.

But, 33 bets of £1.00 each on a Pool win at say 5/1 pays out 4 times at £5.00 a time = £20 + your £4 back = £24. The outlay is £33 so one is down to the bookies.

Betting against Pool wins, then the situation looks like this :

33 bets of £1.00 each on a Pool loss at say 1/3 pays out 19 times at 0.33p a time = £6.27 + your £19 back = £25.27. The outlay is £33 so one is down to the bookies.

Therefore, chesterbfc, the moto is be careful. The bookies know that Blackpool are a liability as a football team this season, but it is very difficult to beat the bookies. The odds they give are well thought out.

The secret is to watch the form and go when you are ready with your gut feeling!
If Pool are going to maintain their Championship status then they are going to have to win on the road - and soon.

Osbourne thinks that Pool are going to win at Bloomfield Road on Saturday v Wigan.
The best odds available are 9/4. ie £10 pays out £22.50 + your £10 back = £32.50

The reasoning : Positives - Pool have got to win, they are desperate for the 3 points. The state of the Bloomfield Road pitch - other sides cannot play on it! The Wigan manager is a hot head!

Negatives - Wigan are desperate too. O'Hara could have a broken rib and not play.

It's how Osbourne sees it.
"Suck the ball into the back of the Wigan Athletic onion bag"
"Get the massage staff onto O'Hara's rib injury and make sure he has a comfortable pair of boots for Saturday"
Osbourne is expecting 3 points.
Good luck.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 8:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024