Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Al Long Last 11:17 - Mar 23 with 3135 viewsscratchingshed

Oyston finally charged by the F A.

Lets hope he's sent down, deserves all he get's I bet you're not smirking now eh karl?

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/mar/karl-oyston-charged

Al Long Last on 11:22 - Mar 23 with 3130 viewsWizaard

Given that he's apologised and paid a contribution to the Community Trust as penance, it will be interesting to see if he now challenges the decision.

The question is, what will the FA actually punish him with? Let's face it, he'd relish a stadium ban on match days. Not like he wants to be there anyway...

Al Long Last on 11:26 - Mar 23 with 3128 viewsscratchingshed

At the very least he should be kicked off the board of the football league of chairman that he's on.

Also Dave Whelan got a 6 week ban and a £50,000 fine for comments he made which if truth be known were not as bad as Oyston's rant at a disabled fan.

Lets just hope the F A don't bottle it.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2015 11:28]

Al Long Last on 13:18 - Mar 23 with 3072 viewsspooner

I think its fair to say we all want justice to be served.
I don't believe Karl has a future on the League Board and his inappropriate behaviour certainly warrants punitive action.
Don't want to dampen any high spirits, but wonder how Blackpool Football Club, its players and fans will benefit?
He will probably be fined (our pockets are his pockets, remember)
He will still be our Chair
Relations between owners and supporters are, probably, irreparable.
Is Karl likely to concentrate all future efforts on stabilising and rebuilding the club, or halting our decline?

Al Long Last on 13:30 - Mar 23 with 3062 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

He won't be on the Championship Board beyond early May anyway, will he? I doubt there will be a vacancy for him on the L1 board, so him resigning/being removed would be a fairly empty gesture.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Al Long Last on 13:47 - Mar 23 with 3052 viewsseasider13

They are hardly going to hang, draw and quarter him are they, a slap on the wrist at best that Karl will scoff at.

Sent down........ really scratchers

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Al Long Last on 19:38 - Mar 23 with 3005 viewsWizaard

He's on the League Board, not a division specific body.

Al Long Last on 20:47 - Mar 23 with 2976 viewsribble

If found guilty and he faces exclusion from football for any great length of time, I think 'smirking' is exactly what he will be doing. As spooner has already said, Oyston deserves punishing but it won't benefit us, the fans, or the future of the club in any way that I can see.

Al Long Last on 11:50 - Mar 24 with 2910 viewsWizaard

Just for clarity, I'm not condoning anything the Chairman has done in this whole sorry episode, but he didn't insult a disabled fan.

He used inappropriate language referring to that fan as disabled. There's a difference.

Many of those who took massive offence to what was put in those texts have called me far worse on the Board.

The difference is, when you're in a public position, even in private messages, you have to keep to a certain standard of behaviour. He's abjectly failed to do that, and any mention of provocation (which there was) is irrelevant.

Al Long Last on 12:28 - Mar 24 with 2898 viewsOdinsRaven

I'd have him feathered and tarred

Al Long Last on 19:46 - Mar 24 with 2849 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

I may be wrong but I don't think chairs of associate member clubs can serve on the league board.

Al Long Last on 19:50 - Mar 24 with 2848 viewscamberwell1

I want to know what the Minister for Disabled People has to say about it and whether what was said breaches Disability Hate Crime legislation - now that would be an interesting charge.

Al Long Last on 19:54 - Mar 24 with 2845 viewsWizaard

As I said above, he hasn't had a go at a disabled person, just called someone a retard, window licker etc.

As someone who has been called a deluded simpleton more times than I could count over the years by those now having palpitations, just what's the difference?

Al Long Last on 23:33 - Mar 24 with 2811 viewsfleetwoodbry

Exactly Wiz the people creaming themselves can't have it both ways. Yes KoKo was utterly stupid to respond in any way at all, but as you say his response was to an able bodied person who clearly provoked him and also shouldn't have had his number in the first place. Karl is clearly an idiot who responded to another idiot bent on getting him to do so imho

Al Long Last on 08:57 - Mar 25 with 2790 viewsscratchingshed

You carry on thinking that Wiz.

But if I were a disabled person and someone called me a retard and on a special needs day out I know what I would think.

Insulting words however you want to turn it around and make it look better, he deserves all he's got coming to him, pray to God the F A don't bottle it when it comes to passing sentence.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2015 9:01]

Al Long Last on 13:40 - Apr 3 with 2587 viewssteve_g

April 14th is going to be interesting! To be honest I can't see the FA giving any more than a fine, possible stadium ban and a slap on the wrist followed by a quick port in the boardroom

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024