Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Masters 19:48 - Mar 31 with 3586 viewsstu

starts on 9th, got to be my favourite major.

Got £40 on Jason Day plus e/w bet on Westwood. Would love Westwood to do it.

[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 20:36]

Tangerine is the new black

Masters on 21:15 - Mar 31 with 2729 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne here,

Yes, Thursday 9th April, 1st round of the Masters.

Jason Day, Lee Westwood, yes, good players both. Could they actually win the Masters though? Maybe. Osbourne is going into William Hill tomorrow to have a look at the odds on offer.

Osbourne of course is a great Tiger Woods fan. Tiger has won Osbourne some cash in the past. 14 majors you know, wow.

Tiger is lying low at the moment, bad back. Osbourne says, "let's face it, it's not surprising that Tiger has got a bad back!"

For Osbourne, if Tiger plays, which he will, it's Major number 15 for Tiger at the 2015 Masters. Tiger has ominously said the following :

"I hope to be ready for the Masters and I will continue to work hard preparing for Augusta."

Osbourne had of course recognised Tiger's swing fault. Osbourne, being a great fan of Tiger (let's remember Osbourne stands to win a healthy sum if Tiger overtakes "Fat Jacks" 18 major total) popped over to Hoylake last summer to tell Tiger what Osbourne had noticed about Tiger's swing. Tiger seemed to digest what Osbourne had unearthed. Osbourne would suggest that Tiger, having worked hard on the swing tip offered by Osbourne over the winter, could be ready now to add a 5th Masters to his present 4.

Osbourne must admit that the swing advice was very advanced. Osbourne would suggest though that Tiger cognitively understood the dynamics of it. If he did, it will be number 5 Masters for Tiger and number 15 in Tiger's quest to 19.

It wont be long now until it is, move over "Fat Jack" and hello the best ever - Tiger.

NB Osbourne told Tiger to only visit the local Diner once a week as well - not bad advice that, Osbourne thought. That and the advanced swing advice should do it for him.

It's good luck to Tiger from Osbourne then. Pity about "Fat Jack."

Masters on 23:04 - Mar 31 with 2701 viewscamberwell1

Jolly good

Masters on 23:48 - Mar 31 with 2695 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne here,

camberwell1,

Osbourne has every confidence in Tiger. Think Osbourne will be proved right.

Keep taking the "sense of humour tablets" eventually they might kick in for you.

Tiger will be in the "Green Jacket" on Sunday evening.

Probably straight back into the Diner on Monday though. Osbourne suspects that Tiger digested Osbourne's swing advice, but not the advice about giving the diner a miss.

Masters on 05:37 - Apr 1 with 2686 viewsseasider13

Must just be a coincidence that when the septic tanks started to crack down on steroid abuse that Tigers game and physique went to hell,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Tiger at the 2015 Masters. on 20:03 - Apr 1 with 2624 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne here,

Masters starting a week tomorrow, that's Thursday 9th April.

Tiger has obviously been working hard on Osbourne's swing tonic which he received at Royal Liverpool July 2014.

Tiger has already played a practice round at Augusta. However, Tiger is still to confirm if he is to play next week - Osbourne can reveal that Tiger will be playing.

Tiger's form in 2015 thus far has not been good - he has been working on the swing tonic received at Hoylake. Currently ranked 104th in the world. Has missed the cut at both of the tournaments that he has played in 2015, The Phoenix Open and The Farmers Insurance Open. Indeed at the Phoenix, Tiger recorded the worse ever score of his professional career, an eleven over par 82. At the Farmers, Tiger withdrew after only 11 holes due to a back problem.

Tiger has stated though : "When I think I'm ready, I'll be back. I hope to be ready for the Masters."

Osbourne's betting tip for the Masters is "The Tiger." Osbourne will be following Tiger round by round. Sunday evening, Osbourne is hugely confident, Tiger will be wearing the prestigious "Masters Green Jacket" for the 5th time.

Osbourne will be watching with much interest. Checking really whether Tiger has been able to absorb the technical swing advice offered during the summer. As one can see, at present, it hasn't quite assimilated correctly! By next Thursday though, it will all be working like clock work.

What are Tiger's odds?
Osbourne will check and report back.

Cheer O.

OK, Osbourne back having had a look at the bookies odds :

Tiger of course will be winning the competition.
Tiger's best price to win is 50/1. Top 5 finish 25/2.
This is where Osbourne's money will be going. Probably no need to play safe by going for the top 5 finish. It's just a question of how much to outlay on the straight win.

Other's worth looking at, including two rank outsiders, Osbourne sees as the following :

Rory Mcllroy to win 6/1. Top 5 finish 3/2. - Osbourne simply putting this in for information. Simply not going to happen.
Jason Day 14/1 and 7/2 - this is Stu's man not Osbourne's!
Lee Westwood 50/1 and 25/2 - this is another of Stu's men, not Osbourne's!
Henrik Stenson 18/1 and 9/2.
Phil Mickelson 30/1 and 15/2.
Sergio Garcia 40/1 and 10/1.

Osbourne's two rank outsider's worth a flutter?

Bernhard Langer 400/1 and 100/1.
Vijay Singh 400/1 and 100/1.

Osbourne says : If Tiger plays, ie the state of the back? Has Tiger stayed away from the Diner for a few weeks? Then Tiger wins. Otherwise, the winner will come from, Stenson, Mickelson, Garcia, Langer or Singh.

Should be a good tournament. Keep them straight Tiger.

Cheer O.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2015 21:02]

Masters on 06:38 - Apr 2 with 2587 viewsSince1967

Osbourne, why not visit your turf accountant and invest in a double regarding your two recent predictions? Tiger to triumph in Augusta and Blackpool to avoid relegation. Should bring a healthy return methinks.

Masters on 14:10 - Apr 2 with 2559 viewsWizaard

Can't see Tiger doing anything.

Rory will be a short price, no doubt, but he's got the motivation of completing the Grand Slam and he really should have won in 2011, so has the game for the course.

Day is a decent E/W bet though.

Masters on 07:32 - Apr 3 with 2522 viewsOsbourne

OSBOURNE'S TIGER WATCH.

The newspapers are trying to credit Tiger with the "Yips."

Tiger hasn't got the "Yips." It is the back which is the problem.

Tiger hasn't been to the "Diner" for the last month. That means that Tiger's back will be rested.

2015 Masters is major number 15 for Tiger. Has a kind of ring about it.

Osbourne thinks he will be proved right come Sunday night. At 50/1 too.

Masters on 07:39 - Apr 3 with 2517 viewsjanegallagher

Got the yips on his chips I believe but he's in Augusta and he's practising.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Masters on 10:35 - Apr 3 with 2499 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

He is indeed. Whether that means he will compete is hard to say. If he does, I don't think people can expect anything more than him making the cut. If he really is in contention next Sunday, it will be one of the biggest sporting stories of the decade.

I think the field is wide open. Ricky Fowler will give you a run for your money.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Masters on 18:08 - Apr 3 with 2482 viewsOsbourne

OSBOURNE'S CONTINUED TIGER WATCH.

Basil, USA new "boy Wonder" Ricky Fowler certainly has a chance. 40/1 to win or 10/1 a top 5 finish. Ricky would go down well on AVFTT as his standard attire is "Tangerine!" He is pocket sized, has been known to sleep in his golf bag, is addicted to "sun beds." He has got a chance.

Back to the main man though : Tiger : Who Basil has rather dismissed!

Mark O'Meara, who is playing himself as a past champion, says that his friend, Tiger will be playing in next weeks Masters. "I think he will play," O'Meara said. "But I also understand he is doing what he needs for him. He's the kind of athlete that when people start to doubt him, that is a good motivating factor to turn it around."

Mark O'Meara, he was a very good player. If Osbourne's memory serves him well, Osbourne thinks it was 1998 when O'Meara won the Masters and British Open, Birkdale Osbourne thinks, in the same year. Osbourne wonders what O'Meara's odds are at Augusta this year?

Osbourne moves over to Jane's understanding of Tiger's 2015 problems. The press are questioning Tiger's whole short game? Hard to believe that Tiger's short game is being questioned. Surely his short game is his forte. Like Ballesteros, Osbourne thought it was Tiger's wildness from the tee which was the main problem?

Osbourne is on Tiger watch for the 2015 Masters. Trust Osbourne, Tiger will be in the mix on Sunday at Augusta. Peter Alliss will be willing the ball out of the hole for him!

Trust Osbourne, Osbourne rarely gets it wrong. Tiger is going to win.

Masters on 18:19 - Apr 3 with 2479 viewsjanegallagher

His short game was his forte but if he's got the yips on his chips, he'll struggle

Jane not too keen on Tiger Woods, she thinks he's an arrogant individual and sadly Rory is heading that way.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Masters on 18:36 - Apr 3 with 2471 viewsOsbourne

Jane,

You are probably correct on both counts. Osbourne still enjoys the Tiger Woods legend though! As for Rory, he does seem to get himself into some frightfully difficult situations. Osbourne saw him at Hoylake last summer, Osbourne thought he was the "ice cream salesman!"

Mark O'Meara's odds by the way are 5000/1 to win the Masters, 1250/1 a top 5 finish!
Blimey!

Osbourne double checked those odds as well.

Osbourne was thinking about a flutter as an outsider when I read about O'Meara playing. Bookies must not think that he can hit it too straight nowadays!
- Osbourne's latest advice - don't back O'Meara to win!

Masters on 18:39 - Apr 3 with 2469 viewsseasider13

seasider13 sprints to the bookies to bet on O'Meara,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Masters on 19:09 - Apr 3 with 2460 viewsjanegallagher

Omeara

I'll be backing mr tangerine man himself, Rickie Fowler

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Masters on 02:57 - Apr 4 with 2436 viewsOsbourne

TIGER WATCH.

Tiger Woods has officially confirmed he is playing at the 2015 US Masters.

"I'm playing in the Masters."

"It's obviously very important to me and I want to be there."

"I've worked a lot on my game and I'm looking forward to competing. I'm excited to get to Augusta and I appreciate everyone's support."

Ian Poulter has "Tweeted" - "Was it ever in doubt....................Best show on earth just got better."

Osbourne says : "It was in doubt, the guy has had back surgery. Tiger did well to return so quickly after back surgery to play in the British Open at Royal Liverpool last summer. Golf needs Tiger Woods to be playing in these events.................................we'll miss him when he's gone................................................."

Osbourne hopes Tiger wins. 15, 16, 17, 18, 19. Move over "Fat Jack."

If the back holds out Tiger can definitely do it. Masters 2015 and then onwards to number 19. It's a resounding "good luck" from Osbourne.
Osbourne will be watching!

Masters on 22:23 - Apr 4 with 2421 viewsOsbourne

Be quick, you can still get O'Meara at 5000/1!

What odds for Ian Woosnam and Sandy Lyle? Is Faldo playing?

Masters on 05:48 - Apr 5 with 2410 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne here,

Couldn't resist asking the bookmakers for the following players odds. Now Osbourne can't resist sharing them with AVFTT followers :

Faldo doesn't appear to be playing - he played at Royal Liverpool, played and missed the cut.

Darren Clarke, the new Ryder Cup captain : 1000/1
Sandy Lyle : 7500/1
Ian Woosnam : 10,000/1
Ben Crenshaw : wait for it - 50,000/1

Blimey.

Bubba Watson, Rory Mcllroy and Tiger Woods are taking all the media coverage. Is that how one spell's Mcllroy?

According to the newspapers, anyone on AVFTT who plays golf could beat Tiger Woods at the moment! Tiger's swing, Tiger's putting, Tiger's short game, all gone to pot apparently. Osbourne thinks not. Just keep him out of the Augusta diners and in Osbourne's opinion, Tiggy Tiger will be in the mix on Augusta Sunday. He might not win, but he will at least scare Peter Alliss!

Osbourne is still on Tiger watch. What a pity about that Leeds goal in extra time yesterday.

Masters on 22:47 - Apr 5 with 2382 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne here,

Read an article in the newspaper today about Rory Mcllroy. Apparently, Mcllroy is going for his 3rd major in a row. He is the holder of the British Open and American PGA titles. Osbourne didn't realise he was that good.

Osbourne saw Mcllroy at Hoylake last summer, 2014. As he walked past dressed all in "shocking blue,"shocking blue hat with a white tick on it and all, Osbourne thought he was the ice cream salesman heading back to the van! What a clown I am!

The article also said that if he can win the USA Masters he will become only the 7th, I think it was, don't quote me on that though, person, to of won all 4 of the major golf championships. Blimey, now lets see, who would that include him with? Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Ben Hogan, Tiger Woods. Well, that's not bad. Who the other two are, I don't know? Gene Sarazen? Who else? Walter Hagen? I'm not sure!

Anyway, Mcllroy is the favourite to win at Augusta 2015. Tiger better have found his swing and have the massage people on his back then.

Osbourne is still backing Tiger though.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2015 22:51]

Masters on 22:58 - Apr 5 with 2376 viewsOsbourne

Obourne again,

Wrong information - again!

If Mcllroy wins the 2015 Masters, then he joins not 6, but only 5 other golfers who have won the 4 major golf championships.

They are : Gene Sarazen, Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Tiger Woods.

Walter Hagen apparently did not win the Masters!

Blimey, the "ice cream salesman" can do more than sell ice creams then!

Osbourne still fancies Tiger though.

Masters on 10:35 - Apr 6 with 2367 viewsTwoPhillips

Augusta is a form player with an all round game, Bubba is the man at the stats and prices for me. Coming to the bubble nicely although Justin Rose at 40/1 is way over priced for someone who had led in all rounds at some stage here. Outsiders have to be the 2 Johnstons Dustin & Zak, both different in length but 2 very similar problems in recent times, neither putting great.

If they can sort that out then they could win this. Rory not tuned up in all areas of his game, he hasn’t mastered this event despite it being the same course every year. That has to be a concern.

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Masters on 18:30 - Apr 9 with 2326 viewsOsbourne

THURSDAY 9.4.15

1st Round of MASTERS

Tiger tees off at 18.48.

Good luck Tiger

Masters on 19:14 - Apr 9 with 2315 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

And one over by by 19.00 …..

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Masters on 19:44 - Apr 9 with 2306 viewsPlumbs

Yup but he loves him mum Robbie.

Dont start now-you know what happened last time (winky)

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Masters on 00:04 - Apr 10 with 2282 viewsOsbourne

Tiger Woods.

1st round latest : +1 after 14.

Come on Tiger.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024