Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Considered view,Not a clever move by our leaders?? 17:05 - Apr 17 with 1756 viewschesterbfc

As I get ready for tomorrow,s game I asked a group of fans from other clubs(my mates) what they thought about Mr Knight,s £20k slap on the wrists. To a man they were incredulous. Yes they said ,make an example , yes they said, give a donation to charity, but when I explained the millionare qwners as far as I know WERE pocketing the money ,their words were not printable.
I then started getting stick for even thinking of going to the game. Good lads my mates ,and as I write this I ,m sure they will be on their forums etc describing the Pool,s plight. Oh to be supporter of nearly 50 yrs

Considered view,Not a clever move by our leaders?? on 19:14 - Apr 17 with 1718 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I guess I'm like most people in not knowing precisely what it is FK is supposed to have said. Whatever it is though, I think going after him in this way serves no useful purpose at all that I can see. As someone on t'other side said earlier, and I said around the time we were discussing TAM, it is unconscionable on every level, and they really should be ashamed of themselves for going down this route.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Considered view,Not a clever move by our leaders?? on 19:41 - Apr 17 with 1700 viewsribble

It's the very fact that so few people have seen the content of FK's Facebook post that makes the action by the Oystons so ridiculous. Pursuing a long standing supporter for those sort of sums does absolutely nothing to protect the Oystons already irreparably damaged reputation - quite the opposite in fact. Shameful.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2015 19:49]

Considered view,Not a clever move by our leaders?? on 23:08 - Apr 17 with 1636 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Nearly every decision that's been made in the past 18 months has baffled me. Time and again, decisions have been made which are self-harming not only to the football club but to the Oystons themselves. Why would anyone who has businesses in such a small, local catchment area promote total alienation of the local community?

The only thing that would make any sense of the past couple of years is if they were planning to get out with healthy profits. Every successful businessman knows when the right time to sell is. For example, Dave Whelan got rid of his sports shops at the height of their value, John Madejski got rid of Trader Media when it boomed, John Caudwell got rid of Phones4U just at the right time before they went on the slump. Surely you wouldn't be suing local pensioners for £20k if you were hoping to run succesful local businesses that relied on the local population's future support?

At the moment, there's simply no positive outlook for any of their businesses. In 15 months time, when the 2-year season tickets are finished, there will be virtually no fanbase left willing to support them. They must be thinking it's an attractive time to sell right now. If not, then I can only see more people heading off to Fleetwood and AFC Fylde as their patience at waiting for a change in ownership at BFC finally gives way to the desire to enjoy watching a local football club perceived to be doing its best to reach as high as it can rather than gather as much money as it can.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 10:24]

Considered view,Not a clever move by our leaders?? on 23:49 - Apr 17 with 1626 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Hope you guys consider donating to @helpfrankcampaign
[Post edited 17 Apr 2015 23:50]

#footballfirst

Considered view,Not a clever move by our leaders?? on 00:26 - Apr 18 with 1601 viewschesterbfc

Yes, great idea, got a little of my kid,s inheritance. I wrote my comments before I knew about the fund raising. Needless to say I got my mate,s to chip in also UTMP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024