Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theories of what's going on? 11:42 - May 25 with 1747 viewsOllieHollow

Anyone else thinking that we've already been turned down by some candidates when Karl has presented the terms of the job and the budget and that's why Kyle's name is in the mix as a last resort?!

Theories of what's going on? on 12:02 - May 25 with 1734 viewsBiggieSeasider

I think potential candidates were distancing themselves from the job pretty much as soon as it became available. It's seen as an impossible job because it is an impossible job. The tightest budget in the division. A policy of one year contracts which will make it impossible to attract talent. Training facilities that aren't acceptable in the Northern Premier League. A fan base that almost universally wants the ownership out.

The only experienced candidates we are likely to attract are either after a last pay day, or desperately need the money. I don't even think that Richie Kyle actually wants it because it's an impossible job. A guaranteed relegation for a years salary. He doesn't want his managerial career written off before it's begun. Whilst as a club we seem to run things on a day by day basis, managers (and players) typically look at the long game.

I can imagine a situation where Kyle is told to take the job or leave the club. And considering his record with the youth team, he could almost certainly get the same job at a bigger team and improve his salary. I can see the managerial situation going on and on.

Yay, I can post again!

Theories of what's going on? on 16:32 - May 25 with 1663 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

O won't be in a rush as he doesn't likr signing players early in the summer anyway as that costs money with no immediate return. The fact that preparing early generally gives long term rewards doesn't appear to be regarded as beneficial to the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024