Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dull season 19:11 - May 30 with 2417 viewsspooner

So as one of the most one-sided Cup Finals ever seen brings down the curtain on the domestic season, I think it's fair to say that this has been one of the most uninspiring campaigns in living memory.
The Premier League was won with over a month to spare, with only the third relegation place to be decided on the last day and even that was never really in doubt.
Championship play-off places were still up for grabs, but automatic promotion and, of course, relegation issues were resolved long before the curtain came down.
Can't even remember who won the League, Milk, or Carling Cup, nor bring to mind who was relegated from the Football League with Tranmere!!!
UK failure in the Champions and Europa Leagues well before they became interesting made a mockery of the supposed strongest league in the world.
I suppose Cowdenbeath losing to a Chopra-inspired Alloa, coupled with a Livingston win to send the Blue Brazil down on the final day was about as exciting as it got.
The gulf between the haves and have-nots is widening, we've reached saturation point as far as televised football is concerned and opportunities for home-grown talent to develop and make an impact are further away than ever.
So much for investing in grass roots!!
We can't even have a go at our neighbours for their previously dire play-off record; they have finally visited the now not-so-new Wembley and will likely be laughing at our expense for years to come.
The only saving grace might be that the sport has become so dull, corrupt and devoid of characters that it will be easier to walk away

Dull season on 19:35 - May 30 with 2404 viewsoneswallow

Interesting post Spooner just because I couldn't work out if I had lost interest in football because of Blackpool or because of football in general. Didn't enjoy the Prem, wasn't gripped by the Play Offs, went out gardening in the second half of the cup final and don't get me on my disinterest in England!

It's a strange old time for me and my love of the great game because it is waining - that starts with Blackpool and be interesting to see what happens next season and if that love for the game returns.

Dull season on 19:57 - May 30 with 2398 viewsWindyMiller

Went to FC United v Benfica last night and it reminded me what football was all about. For me we should scrap the lot and start again whereas by everyone gets an equal slice of the cake, no player is paid the stupid money some are on and football should be accessible and affordable for everyone - sadly the Genie is out of the bottle.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Dull season on 06:34 - May 31 with 2377 viewswe_are_Superior

I have become so disenchanted with what was the beautiful game - usually at this point I'd be scouring newspapers for transfer news, gossip and looking ahead to the release of the fixtures in a few weeks but a combination of greed, average footballers and KOKO has killed it for me. Not sure what it will take to get it back to be honest.

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Dull season on 10:32 - May 31 with 2365 viewsBFCx3

When you experience the filthy side of the game first hand as we have done with the Oyston family, it's difficult not to fall out of love with the game. I think distancing yourself from the game as a whole somehow makes the cross of essentially being disenfranchised from your own club easier to bear.

That said, I fell out of love with the game as a whole years ago and mainly due to the fact that there was simply far too much of it on TV. For me, I was happy with the FA Cup once a year along with a televised World Cup...liked the Champions a League at first, but I even find that dull as dishwater now....you can get far too much of a good thing.

Football is a game that should be watched live and felt in the atmosphere of a stadium and not on the TV screen and until such time as we get back to recognising that, I imagine that people will become increasingly turned off, through being over-faced with a game that has mirrored society and placed greed at the top of its priority list.

We also talk about Grass roots football, but a win at all costs mentality has filtered down to that level too...where local town teams would be made up of local players and any success was based upon their ability to collectively improve, teams will now use whatever resources they can get their hands on to bring in the best players from far and wide....even kids teams will poach players from others instead of nurturing and trying to improve or make the best of what they have.

Dull season on 21:31 - May 31 with 2318 viewscodender

Well said windy......follow fcutd and start again,play squires gate or mechanics and when you grow maybe rent off fwd
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024