Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

P*mpey's honours... on 09:17 - Sep 3 with 1442 viewsA1079

Probably in the same way as England keep going on about our one world cup win, the fact that we were victorious as a nation in World War II (albeit it took several other nations to assist us), we won the FA Cup once in 76', the Scots still go on about Bannockburn, etc, etc............It's a British thing. It is what makes us Great, the fact that when we were Great it was so long ago, no one is alive now who was around when we were Great, but no harm in trying to maintain the illusion I guess.

Off to do that other British thing now.........make a cuppa!!!!!

P*mpey's honours... on 09:23 - Sep 3 with 1428 viewsdune

Once we leave the EU we have the opportunity to reassert ourselves globally again. One of the first issues we should deal with is Islam by legislating to outlaw certain aspects of it. For example the way women are treated as second class citizens.

http://www.westmonster.com/
Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

P*mpey's honours... on 09:35 - Sep 3 with 1404 viewsDel_Bianco

I'm not so sure about that Dune. History tells us this country is better when women are kept in their place. The British empire was at its most powerful before we allowed women to vote and have equal rights as men. I'm of the belief that a return to traditional values is the only way to see this country prosper again.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

P*mpey's honours... on 10:39 - Sep 3 with 1357 viewsChesham_Saint

The reason the skates bang on about it so much is that the only thing they have to look forward to is the past.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

P*mpey's honours... on 12:16 - Sep 3 with 1296 viewssolent_toffee

Playing Devils advocate and all that... Most Saints fans on here, the older ones aside, weren't there or were too young/not born for the 1976 cup final.

Regardless of the league titles, which were years ago, that FA Cup win will live in the memory for their fans for a long time. Fair enough really.

P*mpey's honours... on 12:29 - Sep 3 with 1278 viewsChesham_Saint

One problem there Toffs... you're assuming we want to be fair minded to the Fish Fondling Few. We don't.

You must also have forgotten that this isn't Merseyside where families can often be split between blue and red. That doesn't work in Hampshire for the simple reason that the Fewage tend to inter-breed.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

P*mpey's honours... on 12:38 - Sep 3 with 1268 viewssolent_toffee

Haha, good one, fair enough.

P*mpey's honours... on 13:13 - Sep 3 with 1240 viewsBoris_

What you have to ask is this...

You, Mr Toffee, as a neutral, put yourself in their position...

In hindsight, would you have taken that FA Cup win, knowing that by winning the FA Cup in a year when nobody was interested in it ( lowest ever viewing figures for the final as well ) , would lead to the death of your football club and meant you would have to spend the rest of your life bumbling around the lower leagues?

Being completely genuine, if I had the misfortune of being a skate, I wouldn't be celebrating spunking money they didn't have to buy an FA Cup, leading to 40 or 50 clubs overtaking them in terms of stadium and infrastructure.

Poll: Claude Puel

P*mpey's honours... on 18:55 - Sep 3 with 1143 viewskingslandstand1

Are you Frank Xerox's multi poster?

P*mpey's honours... on 18:58 - Sep 3 with 1139 viewskingslandstand1

The main thing is that we roae from those dismal ashes back in 2005 (?) whereas they have just continued to fade away as nobodies but have to say (before Arthur does reappear on here), 16k today was quite good for a bunch of nobodies

P*mpey's honours... on 19:44 - Sep 3 with 1115 viewsSaintBrock

Lads, lads... why do your keep banging on about a club that we haven't met in years and are unlikely to meet again in the foreseeable future? Have some dignity for heaven's sake. Silence is golden and will have more impact up the road than any of this vitriol

P*mpey's honours... on 11:13 - Sep 4 with 1005 viewssolent_toffee

It's a tricky one.

Massively hypothetical, but if you were to have asked Bournemouth fans, say 4-5 years ago, they would get promoted all the way to the premier league, beating top teams whilst you were there, maybe throw in a FA cup for good measure, then after a couple of years, you have to bugger off back to league two. I reckon they would snatched your hand off, not now mind, but 5 years ago.

It's fairly similar for Pompey. They had a couple of great years in the middle of anonymity. It's Bly fair enough that they harp on about it.

P*mpey's honours... on 16:47 - Sep 4 with 913 viewssaint68

You are probably right when it comes to the modern generation that will accept success in any form but I wouldn't want to bask in the glory of anything that was tainted as I'm sure you wouldn't either.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

P*mpey's honours... on 17:37 - Sep 5 with 814 viewsBingobob

Never going to happen, though is it?
Abuse of women will go on whatever.Probably behind closed doors. Sad fact of life.

P*mpey's honours... on 12:55 - Sep 6 with 743 viewsniknaks

Do I regret anything in the last 10 years?

Only the fact we were caught over spending which the majority of clubs in the Prem do but our Gun running owner needed his money back to pay off his own debts.

From our point of view though because of administration ( 6 times ) we managed to get rid of the charlatans and corrupt owners that we had over the years,. Say what you like but until now we had no say in the club, the owners or how it was run.

Would i swap the FA Cup for the PL? not a fcuking chance!!!

Do i live in the past of winning in the 30's nope, different era , I was not there to witness it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024