Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 08:19 - Mar 31 with 2863 viewsHeisenberg

Fair play to him I suppose.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 08:50 - Mar 31 with 2835 viewsSaintNick

He was impressive at the Sea City thing on Wednesday, some find it easy to blame it on Krueger and Reed and there have been mistakes made that is for sure, but you have to take their jobs in perspective and too many do not understand what Kruegers job is, we have had our vision blurred by the fact that both Lowe and Cortese were both Chairman and CEO and effectively their own bosses.

Some still mention Cortese's boasts about Champions League etc without actually realising what was going on behind the scenes and that there was no infrastructure, no money etc, so no realistic chance of achieving those aims.

Krueger has done a good job as Saints Chairman, but he will be judged on whether we stay up or not, ultimately if we do go down he will be partly to blame, but that is not the main part of his job

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 10:15 - Mar 31 with 2742 viewsthis_charming_man

You keep going on about no one know what Kruegers job is, well spell it out then, what is it.

You also keep saying people blame Kruger and Reed, so if they aren't responsible who is?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 10:17]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 10:53 - Mar 31 with 2720 viewsDockersRottingCorpse

Nero fiddled whilst Rome burnt springs to mind.

Poll: What does Arthur use to Floss?

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 10:57 - Mar 31 with 2714 viewsjordan_sibley

When will you know if you've got the fan on the board job?

Poll: which role would you prefer at Saints?

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger (n/t) on 11:25 - Mar 31 with 2677 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 18:35]

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 14:56 - Mar 31 with 2590 viewsWinchesterExile

His job must include playing a part in appointing the manager and the last 2 appointments have been poor. At the very least therefore he should share the criticism for those 2 appointments. In addition, he plays a role in liaising between the shareholder and the club and the shareholder's approach (virtual silence) has been terrible. He should therefore take some flak for that as well because he should be telling the shareholder how to communicate with the club's stakeholders.

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:12 - Mar 31 with 2528 viewsSalisburySaint

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 17:13 - Mar 31 with 2523 viewsthis_charming_man

Also in keeping Pellegrino for so long.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 17:24 - Mar 31 with 2490 viewslarry12

Why didn't somebody punch the pointless tw*t in the face, like a man. Salisbury Saint f*ck right off you gutless twerp.

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 18:28 - Mar 31 with 2415 viewsTygerUppercut

So what Is his role then saintnik? What Is he responsiblefor, where does the buck Lie with him? You keep talking down.to us pondlife who dont understand business + finance like You with your superior knowledge yet then ignore giving a clear explanation of what You allude to - just the same condescending, patronising phrases that people dont understand how a football club Is run

Poll: Is the poundland polak Bednarek vvd replacement?

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 09:57 - Apr 3 with 2221 viewsSaintNick

The reason that I havent replied is that I have been up at West Ham at the time you are moaning I am not replying.

I dont talk down to anyone about this, all I have done on this thread is ask people to tell me what his role is, in the hope that they wil actually take the time and find out for themselves, as I said previously, the role of Chairman and CEOhas been blurred at this club because both Lowe and Cortese appointed themselves to both roles.

Krueger's role is effectively part time to oversee the runnng of the entire club not just the footballing sides, he effectively is there to take the wishes of the shareholders/owners and make sure that the club is run in the way that they wish it to be.

At the moment the only thing going wrong in the club is the footballing side of things, in all other departments as the accounts showed, things seem to be going well.

So it is just football going wrong, ultimately Reed runs that side of things and a three man board that consists of Toby Steele who is the managing director and runs things day to day and Les Reed on the footballing side of things.

So they both report to Krueger on their respective side of things.

Reeds actual job is not just about the first team though, its about the entire footballing side of the club, both playing and things like Staplewood, sports science and of course transfers.

So up to last summer Reed's key point indicators would all be green when he reports to Krueger a team that finsished 8th in the League and a cup final, add to that the stuff going on at Staplewood etc and last May Reed's CV stands up with most other DOF's in the UK outside of the top six.

It would have been easier to have kept Puel, on paper he had just had statistically speaking the 5th maybe 6th best season in the club's history, so yes perhaps he wasnt the right manager for the club, but Reed had not made a mistake, in appointing him and Pule could point to a lot of mitigating circumstances as to why the season was not as good as hoped,.

This season is different, Pellegrino clearly was not the man for the job, but that alone is not a reason to sack Reed, look at how many managers the top six clubs have had over the years, yet they dont sack DOF everytime they sack a manager.

If we go down then ultimately the person who will pay the price will be Reed, he kept faith with Pellegrino, he put his reputation on the line and it may now backfire.

Krueger is a lot less culpable, his job I would doubt would be in question, Gao obviously thinks the club is well run hence he hasnt interfered, the club is not rotten to the core all that has gone wrong has been the first team, yes the most important part, but every season more than half the Premier League clubs sack their managers, some more than once, three clubs have to go down, not all of them have been badly run.

So I am sorry if you feel condescended to or patronised but what I hate most is the mob mentality that seems to be the norm, right from 2014 when Pelle was abused in his first home game after 15 minutes, then Mane to now where people just scream that Krueger and Reed are the problem without really knowing what the situation is.

These days it is easy to google, so when i say that people dont understand how a football club is run that is not condescending but frustration that they cant actually be bothered to google things and find out

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 10:09 - Apr 3 with 2200 viewsSalisburySaint

RK said he is involved in major decisions at the club such as appointing managers, financial matters

He said these decisions are made by a board and done on the basis of the relevant information supplied to them by the experts in that field be it Finance, Marketing, Football

This is no different to most major companies

IMO on football related matters Reed would be the one make the recoomendations

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 10:49 - Apr 3 with 2124 viewsobelisk

"At the moment the only thing going wrong in the club is the footballing side of things".

Phew! Thank goodness that's the only thing.

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 10:57 - Apr 3 with 2111 viewssaint22

And how is this for a damning statement

Reeds actual job is not just about the first team though, its about the entire footballing side of the club, both playing and things like Staplewood, sports science and of course transfers.

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 11:13 - Apr 3 with 2081 viewssaints__fan__73

"At the moment the only thing going wrong in the club is the footballing side of things, in all other departments as the accounts showed, things seem to be going well. "

To be blunt Nick, even by your apologetic standards, that is utter bollux. We are a football club, there is nothing else. Not even a nice radio station or a first class catering dept.

The clubs accounts are great, but that's because they are reporting on past successes on the football field in previous seasons.

WHEN we get relegated then we lose 80% of our total revenue overnight. Do you think the accounts which report on this will be showing things are going well?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2018 11:14]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 11:44 - Apr 3 with 2053 viewsButty101

Its not just the first team that performing badly. Look at the youth and under23 sides.
We are no longer churning out decent youth players. Nick will blame relegation for this - however our superior scouting network used to identify youngsters from lower league academies to make up for these shortfalls. Think Walcott for e.g

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 12:20 - Apr 3 with 2006 viewsSaintNick

Yes we are a football club first and foremost, but to say there is nothing else is just utter bollux as you put it, look at the top football clubs throughout the world, do they just play in a stadium and have nothing surrounding it, no merchandising, no corporate income, no infrastructure, f*** me and you boringly keep accusing me of being stuck in the 80's.

Shoe me one succesful football club that is just a football club with nothing else, I think we all know the answer to that one, that is why I was accused of being condenscending because i constantly have to reply to people who either can't be bothered looking at the bigger picture or like yourself just try to ind me up, I think you might have realised by now that I dont get wound up by you, I just feel sorry for you.

When you mention the accounts, you again show a total lack of understanding not to mention a failure to grasp the need to generate revenue elsewhere.

Yes we lose a big chunk of the Premier League money, but we will also generate money from sales as players will go and we will also generate more money than many others in the Premier League

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 12:32 - Apr 3 with 1976 viewsniknaks

Nick to be fair I think he has wound you up even if you cant admit it.

I dont blame you though , some people are always the victims even if it is their own doing .

and while I am on here I cannot believe the white flag surrender attitude of a lot of posters on here.

We are doomed, we are relegated, i cannot see a way of staying up, Reed Krueger, Kat, Gao its all their fault.

It's the fault of the players, even with the past sales and player movement the ability to fight and have some self belief comes from that individual and cannot be taught. It's built in.

Admittedly your run in is not great but Huddersfield for example is just as bad if not worse.

If the home match atmosphere is as negative as it is on here then you are gone and the supporters can take on some of the responsibility too.

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 12:33 - Apr 3 with 1975 viewsSaintNick

The players who are 18 now were the ones being signed 10 years ago when we were heading towards relegation, our problem has been we have just had a golden period of players coming through, ask any Premier League academy boss and they will tell you that if they get 1 enuine first team regular through every couple of years then they have been doing well, for proof take a look at the other Premier League clubs.

Usually these days they dont break throuh till 20 ish, yet the likes of JWP, Shaw, Chambers, Targett, Reed etc all came through earlier to the higher levels, meaning that the star players of what should now be the U18 and U23 side are all been and gone in the main. So we cant expect success from those sides at present, but they are not there to wn trophies they are there to produce players and they would rather have one good player become a first team regular than win the league, hence we sens a lot of players out on loan rather than play them in our U23 side.

We still do have the likes of Josh Sims, Jake Hesketh & Michael Obafemi who ae on the first team fringes, that is a good number of players coming through, dont judge the academy just on results, there will always be spikes, but its not done too badly.

People think we are this great youth set up over the years, but between 1991 and 2010 we barely produced a true first team regular

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 12:37 - Apr 3 with 1968 viewsSanMarco

"At the moment the only thing going wrong in the club is the footballing side of things" and "So it is just football going wrong". Unless we became an ice hockey franchise overnight those statements will go down in TUI history as everyone is ploughing in to point out. I don't think Nick meant it quite like that and I am actually more interested in this thing about the lines of management/responsibility etc being blurred.

A club that had established itself as a top 8 club and was much admired by others and that actually came 6th above Liverpool and Chelsea and only 3 points from CL is now, just a few months later, going to be relegated. I ask the simple question: Is NO ONE at the club going to take responsibility for this??? Is there such a vacuum in responsibility at the club that all of the dud signings, the dud managerial appointment(s), the failure to address failings that were obvious to ALL OF US over a period of months - is that all just nobody's fault?

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 12:40 - Apr 3 with 1963 viewsobelisk

I don't think anyone is suggesting that there's nothing else but if an organisation is a football club first & foremost and that part is failing then the rest cannot be far behind. I think we'd all like to see the problems addressed but there's little evidence that they are currently. The football part is sailing serenely towards relegation which for many is abject failure given the resources available.

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 12:45 - Apr 3 with 1956 viewsSaintNick

Sorry but you are wrong, few football clubs go into administration these days because they have woken up to the fact that they have to run as business's first and foremost and only then can they build as a football club.

If football was such an easy science then every club would be succesful but it cant be, the Championship is full of well run clubs who cant seem to get promoted.

Two questions for you.

1. What problems not on the football side do you see as not being addressed

2. The three sides that get relegated this season all have similar sources, someone has to be relegated, although I do agree that we havent managed ours as well as we should regarding transfers

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 12:45 - Apr 3 with 1956 viewsUlsterBaz

How anyone could suggest that Krueger & Reed are doing a good job is beyond me. The first team has been in decline for considerable time now and is on the verge of relegation. Our transfer policy has failed and the last two managerial appointments have been poor and the failure to remove Pellegrino months ago a complete dereliction of duty. The club’s finances look pretty good to the layperson (as they should with all the tv money) but commercial revenue has barely increased under Krueger's stewardship. That said it would be quite fitting to go down with a shedload of money in the bank considering our lack of net spend on transfers in recent years. No doubt when we’re receiving the parachute payments some will spin those as some sort of success by the club too. And as for the relationship with the fans well there isn’t one. Not since Lowe was in charge has there been such a disconnection. Their PR is quite simply abysmal. That photo of them abroad with Kat & the Gaos while we were getting embarrassed by Liverpool summed it up nicely - completely out of touch and fairly clueless!

London Saint's meeting with Ralph Krueger on 12:46 - Apr 3 with 1956 viewssaints__fan__73

Nick, you do realise that all the other streams of income, the merchandising, the corporate sales, etc etc etc are totally linked to how the football team is doing don't you? All of those streams will be drastically reduced by relegation. They are not self-sustaining businesses not all related to football are they!!

"we will also generate more money than many others in the Premier League"

Can you please explain that statement? It makes no sense at all? How will Saints in the Championship be generating more money than teams in the PL? It's utter nonsense.

Yes, we will get some cash in from selling the Hoedt/Gabbiadini/Carrillo/Boufal dross but this will be a one time deal and hardly the greatest business move given we will be getting far less money back than we paid for them!!

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024