Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 22:11 - Apr 1 with 2318 viewsgreen

Just to play Devils advocate here - he could also be credited with getting the signing (albeit a loan) in the first place (or was it all down to Koeman?) and signing his replacement in VVD.

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 22:14 - Apr 1 with 2313 viewsKennington

True, but it wasn’t great seemingly misreading the contract we’d given him. If I did that with a supplier at work, I’d probably be out the door.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 22:54 - Apr 1 with 2276 viewsPatfromPoole

Something odd going on with Alderweireld at the moment.

How Sanchez can get in the team ahead of him is a mystery. Would appear that the sneaky Belgian wants more money (and probably out) and Pochettino is digging his heels in.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 22:56 - Apr 1 with 2272 viewscocklebreath

The most baffling decision les made was giving forster a massive new contract in the summer.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 23:04 - Apr 1 with 2265 viewskingslandstand1

That was (is) the case. They reckon you could have got him for £25m back in Jan but would have to pay him helluva wedge to get him though
Yet another greedy mercenary, yawn!!!!

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 23:07 - Apr 1 with 2259 viewsPatfromPoole

That’s a steal.

£50 million cheaper than Van Dick, FFS.

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 23:14 - Apr 1 with 2254 viewsthis_charming_man

There was a story linking him to Liverpool a few weeks back.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 23:25 - Apr 1 with 2241 viewsPatfromPoole

Alderweireld and Van Dick would have been an amazing CB line-up for us if they had ever been with us at the same time.

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 01:23 - Apr 2 with 2174 viewsdirk_doone

Paul Mitchell is at RB Leipzig now. Watch them to see the latest Alderweirelds, Manes and Wanyamas. We were linked with van Dijk before Paul Mitchell left and he was one of the last off the Mitchell conveyor belt of talent. We won't see their like again but Leipzig will.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 09:17 - Apr 2 with 1995 viewsArthurHucksake

Barcelona wanted him,he chose Ajax because he wanted first team football,he's a fixture in his national team and he's probably better than Alderweireld.
That and he's playing in a winning team, what's the saying? if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I know for sure you are he. No question about it. You are rude, agressive and angry just like doc was. You fool no one lambkins.

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 09:32 - Apr 2 with 1985 viewsPatfromPoole

He cost them the game against Juve though.

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 09:43 - Apr 2 with 1960 viewsjordan_sibley

"If if ain't broke don't fix it"

It's no wonder you're losing all your teeth with that attitude.

Poll: which role would you prefer at Saints?

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 12:48 - Apr 2 with 1856 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Ok. Thanks for the heads up!

Poll: Should there be a strict dress code to attend games?

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 13:22 - Apr 2 with 1831 viewsthis_charming_man

It'd incredible isn't it. These players who were "discovered" by Paul "blackbox" Mitchell.

Alderwierld - playing for athetico Madrid and made over 30 appearances for Belgium
Wanyama - getting rave reviews at Celtic and linked with other premier league clubs
Mane - smashing goals in every week in Austria and the Europa league, Senegal international

Yet without Paul Mitchell we'd never have heard of them.

He wants shot of Tadic, he must have been a Paul Mitchell signing, he never mentions Tadir, he must have been a Mitchell signing, or Jordy Claise, or gardos, or Forster, or shane Long, who he also wants shot of, they must all be Mitchell signings as well.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 13:24]

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 15:04 - Apr 2 with 1792 viewsSanMarco

That's a good point - but we haven't been getting similar 'discoveries' lately have we? With Mitchell we got some excellent signings + a few duds - without him we have been getting the duds without the successes. Also Tadic and Long were successes for a while - they just seemed to get worse as the team got worse, not necessarily the fault of the original 'signer'. Les was happy to be seen as the big man in charge while things were going well and now he has to take responsibility. Simple as that.

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 15:32 - Apr 2 with 1769 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

He seemed to think that Forster will be our next 'big money sale'. Unfortunately he's vision failed and we're stuck with him for 6 years.

Still he may be useful in division 2.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 15:49 - Apr 2 with 1745 viewsLeslie_Hughes

I seriously question our goalkeeping coaches. He should’ve had a spell out of the side and then after lots of hard work push for a comeback. Another one to go backwards.

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 16:10 - Apr 2 with 1722 viewsdirk_doone

We've got three ex-goalkeepers as first team coaches now, Kelvin Davis, Dave Watson and Eddie Niedzwiecki, which is clearly a recipe for disaster when they can't even improve the goalkeepers. Niedswiecki is probably the best of the three so it's a shame we're still stuck with Davis and Watson. There is just too much dead wood accumulating at the club. A massive clearout is needed.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 16:11 - Apr 2 with 1720 viewsLeslie_Hughes

I agree Dirk.

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 17:16 - Apr 2 with 1690 viewsthis_charming_man

If you look at Mitchell's record at spurs its pretty average too. Players you could consider successes were Alderwierld who we already discussed, Tripper, already in the premier league at Burnley, Delle Ali, being courted by everyone as every talented young English player is. Hardly the greatest discoveries since the Dead Sea scrolls. Also on his record are the likes of Clinton NJie, Federico Fazio, Geoeges-Kevin Nkoudou and Benjamin Stamboli, all signed under his watch at spurs. So yes he made some good signings, but he made some bad ones too. Certainly doesn't deserve the hype some give him.

A for us, I think we've tried to be too clever, we've believed our own hope. I think players like Boufal, Lemina, Hoedt would do much better if they had experienced players around them. Players who knew the club and the divison. Instead of that we've got a team of players not used to being first choice Players all learning the game, the league and club at the same time.

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 20:06 - Apr 2 with 1631 viewsSanMarco

I agree with you on Mitchell - I think that, along with the blame apportioning that happens at times like this, there tends to be a hero worship for departed people on 'if only they had stayed it would have all been fine' type lines. Cortese is the usual 'king over the water' but Mitchell is also mentioned. Of course, no-one knows what would have happened if they, or others, had stayed. All I know is that Les DID stay and we are going down.

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 12:38 - Apr 3 with 1505 viewsSaintNick

Hang on Niedzwiecki has been here a fortnight, Davis a first tream coach less than a month and they cant improve the goalkeepers in that time, that is terrible

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 12:41 - Apr 3 with 1504 viewsSaintNick

I dont blame reed for Alderweireld, firstly it is fine to have a loan agreement with an option to buy, but that doesnt mean the player himself will want to sign and that was our problem, Alderweireld had been tapped up by Spurs and Atletico were keen to let the loan agreement expire so they could sell him to Spurs for a lot more money.

So how was this all Reed's fault

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 12:46 - Apr 3 with 1495 viewsLeslie_Hughes

I remember reading at the time that we couldn’t have done much else to sign him. You can’t blame les or saints for that.

Toby Alderwhatshisname on 13:31 - Apr 3 with 1475 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Agree that I would move on Watson - he's been here a number of years and the goalies have gone backwards under him.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024