Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Hope this happens here... on 13:14 - Jul 5 with 1301 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Agreed, I think most people are sick of it. There is only ever one winner, the bookie. Sure, I put a bet on here and there, but more for a bit of fun and to get more interest in something. But those that get addicted are bombarded with this stuff ... it's not on.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Hope this happens here... on 13:23 - Jul 5 with 1286 viewspatred

would this ban extend to the national lottery ???

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Hope this happens here... on 13:34 - Jul 5 with 1265 viewsNumber_58

Do TV and radio adverts actually work? Despite being bombarded by ads from numerous betting companies I've never felt the urge to gamble online and probably never will do. Furthermore, do fans ever buy any of the products on the fronts of their team's shirts? Can't say I've ever purchased a Rank Xerox copier, flown courtesy of Air Florida, bought whatever it was Sanderson sold (did anyone actually know what Sanderson made?), or invested in a Dimplex heater. I may have once bought a Draper Tools screwdriver, but only cos it was the only one in the shop.

Hope this happens here... on 16:21 - Jul 5 with 1179 viewsRon11

A lot of those Skysports toss pots are getting well paid to advertise the gambling sites.
They banned smoking ads, should do the same with those

Hope this happens here... on 16:38 - Jul 5 with 1156 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Worth a punt, yes?

Poll: Should there be a strict dress code to attend games?

Hope this happens here... on 17:22 - Jul 5 with 1116 viewsdarthvader

I bet they don't

keep the faith coyr

Hope this happens here... on 17:44 - Jul 5 with 1093 viewsKennington

Sky Sports /Sky Bet particularly annoys me as they have created their whole ecosystem of bullshit. They tout “Sky sources” said this or that might happen, then create a new betting market and watch the mugs through their money away.

As to betting on sport, there really can’t be many worse sports than football to choose. Kind of get horse racing has more of an art to it, but most football markets are just too random. Exception was when Beattie paid for my holiday courtesy of his seemingly never ending hot streak of goals.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Hope this happens here... (n/t) on 18:21 - Jul 5 with 1052 viewsarfurdent

[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 13:38]

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Hope this happens here... on 18:26 - Jul 5 with 1046 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

That's just a tax on the stupid.

It was stupid before and even more stupid now it's a) twice the price and b) they added 10 more numbers!!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Hope this happens here... on 18:32 - Jul 5 with 1039 viewsTheMoog

There was a study ages ago that showed that football was the best spectator sport in the world as there is a higher incidence of the underdog winning. We saw Wigan beat City in the FA Cup but could you imagine Fylde beating Saracens at rugby union?

This makes me sceptical about Coral’s article about the danish lad; are they encouraging people to bet on that transfer which actually means it’s very unlikely to happen?

Standby to standby

Hope this happens here... on 21:36 - Jul 5 with 964 viewscocklebreath

I am 12 days clean, its a desease.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Hope this happens here... on 06:46 - Jul 6 with 877 viewsLondonSaint

Re: advertising in general in most cases high value sponsorships/advertisements are more about brand visibility than actual promotion of a specific product. Classic example is car advertising - almost no-one buys a car based on a TV advert, but after seeing enough well designed adverts it can create an association with the buyer to prep them when they are ready to make a purchase (i.e. mercedes with luxury/aspirational/high-earners, Dacia with low cost, Skoda: upwardly mobile, safety conscious, family, good value for money).

In your examples the reputation increase might have helped their large-scale industrial contracts which were probably worth far more to them than a few photocopiers/heaters to fans. Add to that the benefit of corporate entertainment for helping those deals along and the relatively small cost of sponsorship (compared to these companies huge revenues) that can be offset against tax anyway is probably not as much of a risk as we naturally think.

As for gambling adverts I have no idea whether they actually return more than they cost but, intangible cost benefit of brand visibility aside, almost 1m watch each on Sky Sports every week, supposedly their top advert slots cost around £750 per showing, so if they make only £1 from every loser 0.75% would see them break even (not including the 10-20k cost of producing the advert which can spread over many uses). Add to that the fact that gambling is addictive and more likely to result in multiple transactions I'd say it's relatively safe for these companies. And probably why there are so many of the things on TV.

Hope this happens here... on 08:09 - Jul 6 with 839 viewsKemp_Not_Martin

I think gambling is a good example of how governments do not care about the people anymore. The advertising is one example, but so is the number of shops they have in deprived areas. Go into any town, suburb of a lesser standing, and you see loads of shops closed down and then a massive Bet Fred or Ladbrokes.

Yes, I know people will say it is not the companies fault. But it is also not the persons fault to be addicted in a lot of cases. They are creating an issue by allowing it.

Poll: Quickie Poll. Tonights Outcome.

Hope this happens here... on 08:36 - Jul 6 with 831 viewsTheMoog

You could same the same about Greggs.

Standby to standby

Hope this happens here... on 08:55 - Jul 6 with 822 viewsSonicBoom

What I find sad is that if you go to a pub to watch a game and look around no one concentrates on the game anymore. They are mostly clutching a betting slip or phone and trying to see if Leeds are winning away, or Barnsley have scored. Not because they are interested but because they have bet on it.
Also worrying is the number of Dads that let their kids pick some results. Just let them enjoy the football , don't make it normal that they can't watch a game without betting on it.

By far the worse if people telling you what they've bet on. Or how much they won last week. I don't care!! It's not interesting to anyone else!

Hope this happens here... on 09:01 - Jul 6 with 813 viewsKennington

People rarely talk about their losing bets and so it seems that everyone is winning all the time, which of course they’re not unless their name is William Hill.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024