Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Remain Voters on 13:08 - May 22 with 2352 viewsDorsetIan

And what's your take on this cretin calling a pro-Brexit MP a traitor and a liar whilst filming it for no doubt some tin pot you tube channel for nutters?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-politics-48360602/monmouth-mp-david-davie

I think I'd rather take a milkshake hit than listen to her.

Perhaps we should just replace the whole of politics with a big custard pie fight. Seems to me that we are almost there already.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Remain Voters on 13:47 - May 22 with 2320 viewsWhiteknight

Tomorrow's election is an affront to democracy - it is absolutely meaningless, regardless of whether you voted leave or remain. The election has been foisted on us by the EU and is being taken advantage of by potential MEP's who want to jump on the EU gravy train.

I plan to spoil my ballot paper as I regard voting as a important but I don't want to endorse any party/candidate taking part in this mockery.

Poll: Dover shambles - what's to blame?

Remain Voters on 14:23 - May 22 with 2283 viewsDorsetIan

I don't think any vote can every be considered undemocratic, because the opportunities for 'the people' to actually have their say are few and far between at the best of times.

Most people are treating this like another referendum. If you want a 'no deal' Brexit vote for one of Farage's parties and if you don't want to leave at all vote Lib Dem or Green.

Remain Voters on 14:24 - May 22 with 2282 viewsSonicBoom

In the words of Billy Connolly - don't vote, it only encourages them.

Remain Voters on 15:01 - May 22 with 2253 viewsWhiteknight

Hi Ian

Normally I would agree with you (except if you live in Iran or North Korea) but tomorrow's vote is not a referendum - it's completely meaningless.

Poll: Dover shambles - what's to blame?

Remain Voters on 15:23 - May 22 with 2241 viewsDorsetIan

I can understand where you are coming from. And unless 17.4m people vote for the Farage parties, the result will be 'spun' in different ways by each side. Suspect lots of people will agree with you and either not vote at all or do like you.

Remain Voters on 16:09 - May 22 with 2212 viewsBaselSaint

Well it's clear to everyone now that the roots of this anger and resentment has all come from the losing side refusing to admit defeat and from the MSM / establishment encouraging this thoroughly anti-democratic position, a historical first in purposely failing to implement the will of the the people, won by the way with a 1.3 million majority; from Mrs.May, the Treasury, Philip Hammond, Olly Robbins right down to the radicalised and pathological remainers who really want to throw acid but for now it's just milk.

I'm proud the UK will now be seen to be standing up for democracy after our pitiful so called leaders have done nothing but capitulate and humiliate us internationally.

It's not just the UK where people are tired of these self-serving globalist dinosaurs as we shall see tomorrow.

They brought it on themselves.

Poll: Did You Vote LEAVE Because;

Remain Voters on 16:37 - May 22 with 2196 viewsMattFinish

Boris, if you're voting for the Brexit Party so I can make an informed decision can you tell me what's in their manifesto

Remain Voters on 16:46 - May 22 with 2187 viewsPatfromPoole

This is going to be an “Anybody but Tories or Labour” election.

We should sign Farage to play up front for Saints. He’s quite the opportunist.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Remain Voters on 16:48 - May 22 with 2184 viewsMattFinish

Just what we need, another dodgy foreigner up front

Remain Voters on 17:25 - May 22 with 2156 viewsDorsetIan

Hi Basel

It's a nice try to identify the root of the anger and resentment as the response to the 2016 referendum. The anger goes much deeper than that.

At base it reflects a sense of frustration and powerlessness going to back to the 2008 financial crisis, the austerity which followed, and the Parliamentary expenses scandal. These really were things for people to get mad about but instead, the snake-oil salesmen like Farage have firstly focused that anger onto 'immigrants' (the oldest trick in the book) and then then EU (as part of 'the elite' and the helpers of immigrants). So now everyone is now mad at the EU instead of the years of austerity and increasing inequality.

And now - because there are some grown ups in Parliament who aren't entirely reckless as to the consequences of Brexit (as the 'no deal' Brexiteers surely are) - everyone can be mad about traitors and betrayal and a breach of democracy too.

And meanwhile back on planet real, British Steel enters compulsory administration and the pound's fall deepens.

No one will be standing up for democracy tomorrow. We'll all just be getting it off our chests.

Remain Voters on 20:43 - May 22 with 2063 viewsOccasional_Showers

It must be a dilemma for you Ian or are treated as a 'special' case and given a vote for each of your personalities?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Remain Voters on 20:45 - May 22 with 2060 viewsOccasional_Showers

Forget the politics, if you're unsure just vote for the best dressed candidates and vote Farage and Lowe.

Remain Voters on 20:55 - May 22 with 2048 viewsKennington

Yes to milkshakes over that Yaxley-Lennon all day of the week. He’s a disgrace.
No to milkshakes on real politicians like Farage, who have a right to be heard whether people agree or not.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Remain Voters on 21:18 - May 22 with 2024 viewsDorsetIan

I'll give you this, Katie. You are a flawed human being on so many levels but no one can deny your dogged persistence.

If you are kicked off the forum you respawn within a day or two, and you have been sticking to this tired dual identity thing forever.

Although it is sad to watch, this ability to carry on and on and on and on in the face of adversity has to be acknowledged as at least one personal quality of yours.

I bet you didn't know you had so much in common with Theresa May.

Remain Voters on 21:26 - May 22 with 2006 viewsOccasional_Showers

Classic reply "ian" you have a wonderful evening in your computer chair living out your fantasies.

Remain Voters on 22:10 - May 22 with 1956 viewsBoris_

Leave the EU.

You're welcome.

Poll: Claude Puel

Remain Voters on 23:06 - May 22 with 1910 viewsRednWight

If voting made a difference they wouldn’t let us do it. .....Mark Twain

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Remain Voters on 11:33 - May 23 with 1736 viewsBaselSaint

Good post Dorsetian with some good points;
However, it's a bit simplistic to say Farage is merely just 'jumping on a bandwagon' and he has no valid points. The NHS, Education and Housing was and is under unnessesary additional strain due to EU open border migration. The additional housing demand caused by immigration for example can only be satisifed by building over 260 extra homes every day, or one every six minutes for a 25 year period*. This obviously is not viable. ( https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/250)*

Also, the 'compulsory administration' of British Steel is fundamentally due to EU law.
If you're happy with our Industrial and Agricultural policy being decided in Brussels then it's no problem is it?
And by the way desptite your glib dismissal, people ARE standing up for democracy today by demanding that a 1.3 million majority result is honoured.

Again if that's not important to you or you didn't like the outcome that's up to you.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 12:00]

Poll: Did You Vote LEAVE Because;

Remain Voters on 12:20 - May 23 with 1715 viewsDorsetIan

He's not jumping on a bandwagon, he's cynically using and stoking up the anger to further his anti-EU ends. He is and always has been obsessed by the EU (like many of the Brexit lot). Most people aren't.

As for democracy. Here he just lies. It is simply not correct to say that the Brexit vote was a vote for a 'no deal' Brexit and that everything else is therefore a betrayal by traitors. The vote needs to be respected but once anyone starts mischaracterising it to match their particular point of view, they are no longer being a democrat - they are just spinning the vote, again using the anti-establishment anger, to suit their own ends.

We all see things in different ways, but it is very clear to me what is going on.

On a lighter note, bumped into a neighbour of mind today who was just off to vote for the Britvic party.

Remain Voters on 12:27 - May 23 with 1710 viewsthis_charming_man

I see those lovely left wing remainers who care so much about our country have just assaulted a pensioner with 22 years military service who was manning a brexit party polling station.

Absolute scum. Yet its all being portrayed as a harmless bit of fun.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Remain Voters on 12:29 - May 23 with 1708 viewsSaintBrock

That's exactly right, it wasn't that long ago that universal suffrage* came into being so let's not give the ruling classes the ammunition to shoot us.

"the right to vote of all adult citizens, regardless of property ownership, wealth, income, race, or ethnicity"

Remain Voters on 12:33 - May 23 with 1700 viewsSalisburySaint

i didn't think any political party was allowed to have their own polling stations

Remain Voters on 12:36 - May 23 with 1693 viewsthis_charming_man

Okay wearing a brexit party roesette at a polling station still lets ignore the attack on him and concentrate on that

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Remain Voters on 14:10 - May 23 with 1662 viewsBoris_

Honestly, the majority of this snowflake generation born since 1990 don't have a f*cking clue why they do things. Do they really want to be Vegan? Do they genuinely want to be able to identify as a giraffe or some non-binary sh*t? Do they really give a toss about Climate Change?

Most importantly, the vast majority of teenagers and twenty-somethings are labour/left-wing because it's fashionable to be and actually have no f*cking idea why they do want to stay in the EU.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 14:11]

Poll: Claude Puel

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024