Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wasps 13:48 - Sep 22 with 6432 viewsTGRRRSSS

Appar3ently appointing an administrator but not in admin.

Mr Wright where are you>

Wasps on 12:26 - Oct 13 with 1113 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sorry, they'll get no sympathy from me. Cherry picking the Twyford Avenue training ground was a particularly bitter pill to swallow. It's taken almost 30 years to replace it with Heston.

I think Wasps still own the Twyford Avenue site. Is it large enough for a football stadium?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 12:35]

Wasps on 12:36 - Oct 13 with 1063 viewsBoston

There are no financial problems in American 'Grid Iron' football. It's extremely well run (although I'm not overly keen on the set up myself), remember the Super Bowl alone generates more revenue that the total of every game played in a World Cup.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wasps on 13:29 - Oct 13 with 1002 viewsTGRRRSSS

Lots of interesting points here.

Not got time to go into everything but one of the problems maybe that in professional rugby the smaller Province System seems to work better.

However in Wasps case they mismanaged but also they thought they could move to a place that clearly isn't that into rugby because of the ground and opportunities, it's clear moving from their heartlands South East) was never going to work.

Worth considering there are only 2 professional clubs in (or around) London.

Rugby has big issues regarding the head concussion issues though and I am starting to fear for the game, and yes the over officiating and slowing the game down isnt a great look.

Wasps on 13:59 - Oct 13 with 945 viewstoboboly

London clubs that are professional - Quins, Saracens, Irish

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Wasps on 14:02 - Oct 13 with 944 viewsactionword

Clear mismanagement which mainly stems from paying players too much (sound familiar?!)

There are some well run clubs - Leicester, for example, with a solid fanbase and good academy. But a lot are being bankrolled - see Bristol with Steve Lansdown.

As one of the posters said earlier on Internationals sell out...and at ridiculous prices! I watch a bit of the premiership and over the last few seasons the product has been amazing - lots of tries and entertainment, with much better rugby being played than you see at international level where the games are more tense, rather than free-flowing. The issue is that they seem unable to market it to a bigger audience and generate more interest and revenue in the club game.

Coventry traditionally were a big team and I understand Wasps were losing so much money at Wycombe, so they had to do something. Moving to an area where there is rugby interest and to a new stadium probably did look appealing. It obviously has not worked out, but at one point they were getting 15-20,000 people for matches there a few years ago.

Wasps on 14:28 - Oct 13 with 914 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not saying it is.

My point - which I picked up in error on LWH's post - was about the watchability of rugby akin to AF and other sports where stoppages/delays exist.

Capeesh?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wasps on 14:32 - Oct 13 with 898 viewsPlanetHonneywood

My bad.

I read Sydney's post and thought you'd also touched upon the issue of 'stoppages' in your post.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wasps on 13:14 - Oct 14 with 747 viewsTGRRRSSS

I'd forgotten Irish had moved to Brentford - but that is surely party of the problem the lack of exposure via TV (BT Sport) means many losing track and or interest.

I'd love to know how much longer people will throw money at rugby, it's getting into a right mess but being professional in and of itself isnt a problem I wouldnt think.

Wasps on 20:37 - Oct 14 with 645 viewsthemodfather

wasps were a big european rugger team, title winning , now a shambles , if i liked rugger, bar internationals maybe i'd try and understand the wrongs but have enough worrying about qprfc. they can rot in coventry and so too can coventry.

Wasps on 21:44 - Oct 14 with 593 viewsterryb

I assume the administrators will allow Coventry City to continue playing at the stadium?

Will new owners of the stadium be tied to whatever contract the football club has in place? And would that change if Wasps went into liquidation?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024