Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
01:00 - Jan 1 with views

Who do we blame? on 17:54 - Apr 27 with 1065 viewsSt_Guido

Well, we could start by blaming a very good WBA side. Different class compared to recent Liverpool & Chelsea sides that came here.

Poll: What would you choose as our Football Club's official name?

Who do we blame? on 18:00 - Apr 27 with 1029 viewsLennyJam

I blame adkins for signing danny fox

Who do we blame? on 18:02 - Apr 27 with 1029 viewsHappy_Jack

We could easily have been 3 down at half time. The centre of our defence needs some surgery this summer, which should've been done last summer.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Who do we blame? on 18:02 - Apr 27 with 1026 viewsLennyJam

I blame markus Leibher for having the audacity to buy us. rather be in league 1, getting beat at home to bristol rovers

Who do we blame? on 18:09 - Apr 27 with 1007 viewsUTS

Th manager must take the blame for such a limp performance.

Poll: Player Of The Season ?

Who do we blame? on 18:15 - Apr 27 with 988 viewsButty101

Clown

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Who do we blame? on 18:26 - Apr 27 with 968 viewslockseaf77

I blame Steve Clarke who has found Pocchetino out.

Who do we blame? on 18:40 - Apr 27 with 942 viewsSonicBoom

Why do we have to 'blame' anyone? It's football. You don't win every week and you don't always play well.
Disappointing day but we move on.

Who do we blame? on 18:41 - Apr 27 with 940 viewsLennyJam

does that mean Poch found adkins out, or Benitez, or mancini?

hope so

Who do we blame? on 18:48 - Apr 27 with 915 viewsdirk_doone

West Brom gave us a footballing lesson today. They attacked with pace, running at our goal, keeping the ball on the gound, which is what we had been doing until the West Ham game. Now though, almost every one of our attacks seems to end with a gentle lob into the opposition penalty area, wasting all of the time spent in the build-up. Why can't we keep the ball on the ground when we get near goal? We were doing it until the last few games, and we were scoring goals that way. Lambert and Rodriguez are much more of a threat when the ball is played to their feet.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Who do we blame? on 18:48 - Apr 27 with 910 viewsUTS

Players and managers take the credit for the wins and thus must take the schit for woeful defeats like today. Playing a high line exposes width and unless you are totally organised you will get spanked like we did today. Clarke seems to have done his homework, whereas Mopo looks at the same setup week in week out.

Poll: Player Of The Season ?

Who do we blame? on 19:03 - Apr 27 with 872 viewsRednWight

+ 1

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Who do we blame? on 21:33 - Apr 27 with 770 viewssaintjeff52

Not so much a wake up call as a Reality Check for us. We have done exceptionally well to reach 39 points, and perhaps believe all the hype surrounding us.
Lets not forget that WBA are a very good top 8 side.
I did fear before the game that with this 'virgin' Ref, the teams were unlikely to finish 11 v 11, and so it proved. He will have ticked all the assessors boxes.
Luckily other results went our way today, particularly the Newcastle result. I want Sunderland to beat Villa on Monday.
Looking at the 'predictor ' I reckon we will finish 13th in our first season back in the Prem, a creditable performance. Losses to Spurs and Sunderland with a win against Stoke.
Please let's not have the players and management talking of Champions League football. OK to aspire to it but we need to be realistic. We are a million miles away at present. That's OK, I'll be happy to finish in the top 17 again next season.

Who do we blame? on 21:37 - Apr 27 with 759 viewssaint22

Agreed
Complacency but we still need a win to be safe IMO

Who do we blame? on 23:19 - Apr 27 with 716 viewslockseaf77

See the comment from UTS above

Who do we blame? on 23:36 - Apr 27 with 695 viewsomi

the Argentinian as no plan b I have said it since the beginning and ill say it again he aint as good as people think......get shot of the coont..... end of

Who do we blame? on 08:53 - Apr 28 with 619 viewsLennyJam

idiot

Who do we blame? on 09:08 - Apr 28 with 606 viewsaceofthebase

Well let's start with the POX who has allowed this team to go off the boil.

A lot of aimless players wandering around the pitch today

Poll: Who is to blame for this disastrous Saints season

Who do we blame? on 09:17 - Apr 28 with 600 viewsLennyJam

I blame Rupert Lowe

someone had to

Who do we blame? on 09:17 - Apr 28 with 599 viewsdune

The Skates are out in force bless em.

http://www.westmonster.com/
Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

Who do we blame? on 09:50 - Apr 28 with 575 viewsemigrant

Amazing, did you actually see the game???? There were more high hoofed balls today from WBA than in the WHam game. Their most used tactic was ball to keeper followed by a bloody great hoof over everyone.

The one thing we did not get was a footballing lesson. I am glad I don't watch WBA every week.

This was a game where Saint's simply went off the boil and apart from Boruc little can be praised. But this happens. JRod couldn't hit the target and Ricky looked slow and cumberson but neither was worse than any other outfield player.Lallana may as well not been on the field and WBA simply nullified Cork.

Earlier intervention by the ref against WBA's spoiling tactics would have prevented three sending's off.

Frankly I will blame no individual, I gladly took our good run and simply hope this is a blip.

Poll: Who Can Explain Their Investment Procedures

Who do we blame? on 09:55 - Apr 28 with 558 viewsdune

I remember one season in the premier league when we were safe ( as we are now ) with about 6 or 7 games to spare and then clocked off for summer and finished 4 th from bottom. I think that's the mentality of our players, but I don't think Pochetinno will be impressed by that. Expect a reaction next week.

http://www.westmonster.com/
Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

Who do we blame? on 09:57 - Apr 28 with 555 viewsSPARTACUS

You blame the players and the manager for a terrible performance, but I think you also have to look through the club. Because we've been playing like we are safe since the Reading game and that is a mentality that has been allowed to creep in.

West Brom were very good but we were equally bad

please read all posts to the tune of 'Show me the way to Amarillo'
Poll: Who's been scammed by Doc?

Who do we blame? on 09:57 - Apr 28 with 554 viewsLennyJam

I do love our fans,
we are so quick to call other fans deluded and then when we lose at home
(for the first time in ages) our fans are 'disgusted'

its almost like we should be swatting these teams away with disdain

at the start of the season, if you gave us 7 points on the bottom 3 with 3/4 games to go, you would have said we had worked miracles.

survival was what it was all about this season and we have pretty much done it
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Who do we blame? on 09:57 - Apr 28 with 552 viewsAlexSaint_13

I think the manager got the team line-up all wrong, this wasnt the sort of game for hooiveld as he didnt have the pace to keep up with Lukaku, was shaw injured?
I would of prefered a Ramirez start with Davis coming on... but West Brom got their tactics spot on, they kept all our main players out of the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024