Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doing the bare minimum to get by... 16:34 - Aug 6 with 1020 viewsa_view_from_the_sofa

As expected the signings are trickling through now as they had too, but Karl hasn't changed his ways one bit.

- we still only buy from the bargain bin, free transfers, out of contract desperadoes or loans. Some people can argue there is nothing wrong with this approach but we are seriously limiting our options by employing this method.
- why wait until the last 10 days of pre-season to do this? I would suggest this is Karl and his unique way of saving the family money. The longer he takes to employ footballers the less in wages he pays over the summer.
- 1 year deals. We (Karl) could get lucky and uncover a couple of absolute gems and there could be high demand for them next summer, as they are on 1 year deals Karl will miss out on a big transfer fee as he has with so many others ( good business man my arshhhe). This method also ensures that come this time next year we will be back to square one again.

Yet again zero investment of our clubs fortunes have been invested into the team, the players are still having to jump in their time machine back to the fifties every day at training whilst the Oystons are buying mansions and paying themselves millions.

I won't be getting giddy about signings, like some, as signing players is the absolute bare minimum of the chairmans repsonsibilities.

Doing the bare minimum to get by... on 18:15 - Aug 6 with 981 viewsbig_bloomers

I agree with the last line of the post wholly and if that same Chairman takes a salary of £500k this year it will be worse than the £11 million his Father took out of the club. I know he's got no shame but it would take someone with a real brass neck to take a wage for his failures this summer.

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Doing the bare minimum to get by... on 18:30 - Aug 6 with 976 viewsPoolSupporter

Disagree - the signings are great and the likes of Miller are not on peanuts are they??

Doing the bare minimum to get by... on 18:38 - Aug 6 with 969 viewsRusty2Stands

Can't disagree with anything in the o/p.
I'm very pleased to see some players coming in. A couple of them look/sound quality, but we'll have to reserve judgement on that until the season starts
But the sight of some deluded fools creaming themselves because we've got some players coming in, would be laughable if it wasn't so sad. Koko really has lowered your expectation levels.
Like the o/p says, having players is surely a bare minimum requirement for a football club?

Doing the bare minimum to get by... on 18:52 - Aug 6 with 958 viewsOldSkool

Very good O/P.
Some of the giddy fans oughtta read it and take note.

Doing the bare minimum to get by... on 18:57 - Aug 6 with 957 viewsTomorTrev

OP is spot on, the usual will defend, Karl does what he needs to and no more than that .

It's a shame we have him in charge because we really could go places, the guys holding us back big time!

Be careful Karl, BFC is my life!!
Poll: What points tally will we get this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024