Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Clark 16:19 - Oct 29 with 1739 viewsWizaard

Seems to be all but esconsed but what do you think?

Birmingham was almost as bad as us with a financial embargo imposed by the League. Seems odd that he'd want to come to a club with a self-imposed embargo.

Did a decent enough job at Huddersfield but hasn't exactly pulled up trees since.

I'm reserving judgement. Certainly not going to be against from the off. Not his fault Oyston is still in place.

Lee Clark on 16:23 - Oct 29 with 1304 viewsPoolman

Wizz - the majority of our fans will have written him off before he starts but let's see what he can do. Quite looking forward to seeing how he does.because there is a core of players at our club who I genuinely believe are under-performing and we'll see what Clark can get out of them. Half a dozen wins by Xmas and he could become a hero!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Lee Clark on 16:31 - Oct 29 with 1282 viewsOld_Laytonian

Birmingham Mail April 2014

"Lee Clark: I don’t want to rely on loans, I want to have my own players"

Good Luck!

Lee Clark on 16:31 - Oct 29 with 1282 viewsLala

Agree with Poolman in the main.

I also think it's really really difficult to form a decent opinion of what he can do, given his brief managerial history and mitigating circumstances.

Like a lot of managers we appoint these days, they seem to be a gamble, could go eiher way, but as it's out of my control I will welcome him with open arms from the off.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 16:34]

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Lee Clark on 16:39 - Oct 29 with 1257 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm with Poolman and Lala too. It's the only sensible way to be isn't it ? If any of us started a new job, we'd expect the basic courtesy of being given the chance to show what we could do before being written off.

Some people don't seem to be able to get past their hatred for the owners for long enough to recognise that we have football games to try to win. It seems completely incidental to some. Not to me.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Lee Clark on 16:41 - Oct 29 with 1259 viewsSouthshorepool

According to SSN, Clark is not in Blackpool and there are issues with the deal.
Could we do worse than give it Blake on a temporary basis?

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Lee Clark on 16:45 - Oct 29 with 1252 viewsjanegallagher

Billy Davies please.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Lee Clark on 17:05 - Oct 29 with 1228 viewsWizaard

Think it would be wrong to give it to Blake. It would play right into the hands of those who couldn't wait to say 'cheap option' and would also play into the conspiracy theory that he was put in there from the off to destabilise Riga.

Lee Clark on 17:08 - Oct 29 with 1224 viewsSouthshorepool

Temporary.
I don't want Clark so I'm clutching at straws.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Lee Clark on 18:31 - Oct 29 with 1166 viewsPlumbs

Lee Clark almost took Hudders down after spending a lot of money at the time. Not fit to lace SSPs shandies

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Lee Clark on 18:32 - Oct 29 with 1162 viewsWizaard

Whoever comes in, whether that be Clark or someone not yet mentioned, is bound to get financially backed to prove Oyston right over the sacking. We all know that's not the case but as always,it's that little power trip he enjoys. Might just work in the team's favour for once.

Lee Clark on 18:38 - Oct 29 with 1140 viewsPlumbs

That funding would be limited and every penny would have to count,and I'm not sure Clark has that in his locker. A John Ward DOF with Noel as the first team coach might be a more visible option,and a change in the recent culture at BR.

Can't think of the last Blackpool manager who was really backed solely by the Os.

Lee Clark on 18:53 - Oct 29 with 1116 viewsTejas

Can't think of the last Blackpool manager who was really backed solely by the Os.... I would say that was Sam Allardyce in the mid-90's. Owen spent about £1m, not much by normal club standards but massive for us. It ended badly with "Bradfordgate" and since then they've done nothing but the bare minimum, steadfastly refusing to pile (what they consider to be) family cash into the team. I believe Clark is stalling over the small print in his contract.

Lee Clark on 18:54 - Oct 29 with 1116 viewsFountain

Brr: If any of us started a new job, we'd expect the basic courtesy of being given the chance to show what we could do before being written off.

Wise words. perhaps you should post that to oyston because he sure as hell failed to do that with Riga.

slap me on the patio

Lee Clark on 19:08 - Oct 29 with 1102 viewsPlumbs

Like you say it's all about perception on who's money it was/is. Look where Alladyce has been since.

Lee Clark on 19:14 - Oct 29 with 1084 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Fair point Founts. But I have my doubts about whether Riga is quite the hapless victim he's been painted as, so I think your point only works to a degree.

Lee Clark on 19:24 - Oct 29 with 1055 viewsstraightatthewall

Only in your world robbie

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Lee Clark on 19:28 - Oct 29 with 1049 viewsLetsbasham

Has he painted himself as a victim. No I think he got on about his business whilst the inevitable played itself out. What he didn't do is bend over and take it from the Blackpool wide boy . What has unfolded since is a quite splendid expose' into the real goings on at Bloomfield Rd.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 19:38]

Lee Clark on 19:29 - Oct 29 with 1047 viewsFountain

I judge a manager on his ability to produce a football team. That is under the premise that he is given every chance to do so. You can cite issues about agents and foreign bank accounts (bpth not unusual btw) but they do not apply during the loan window.

Rock bottom and needing reinforcements that the manager wanted they failed to materialise. There is a similar parallel to be drawn with IH and DJ: both were not backed by Oystons from Day 1.

Unlike the ITV Digital demise which prompted KO to say 'this gives us a level playing field', no such manager has had that luxury courtesy of the O's. Nor will Clark. He will have cheap loan fixes but the story of failing to offer anew man in the job the courtesy of being given a chance will continue.

slap me on the patio

Lee Clark on 19:29 - Oct 29 with 1038 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Oh I know I'm not alone SATW. I also think we'll never know the half of what has gone on in the last four months. But I doubt it would do either party any credit if we did.

Lee Clark on 19:51 - Oct 29 with 1001 viewsstraightatthewall

Robbie,

I'd suggest that in the many years past when people accused the o's of certain constraining practices you were the first to demand evidence to support the conspiracies. I think the boot is now on the other foot and its you who needs to back up what you're saying with proof because most can see clearly what is true.

To elaborate and also to stay on topic, i'd add that i'll back Clark and any other manager to the hilt. They'll need all the help they can get, because unlike poolman and lala, I don't think the squad is under performing. I think we're seeing the results of what happens when you deliberately set out to de-value a business. The squad is fit for league 1 at best. No manager will change that.

Lee Clark on 20:25 - Oct 29 with 956 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

The difference is that I'm not making a specific accusations SATW - as I said in my last post, I don't think any of us really know all that has gone on behind closed doors. I get told things, some of which I tend to believe, some I don't. None of it reflects well on any of the main parties, which is why I lean towards the view that there is fault on both sides. It's a bit more plausible than portraying this saga as Wolf versus Red Riding Hood.

The other major difference between us is that I recognise my opinion is just that - an opinion. It's based upon partial knowledge, as is yours. But I don't demand that everybody see things my way, which you are often guilty of doing. You were the one who mentioned conspiracy theories, and in my experience they are usually a load of crap.

Where I do agree with you is that the new manager - whoever he is - should get the same support and backing from the stands as any other. Anyone who says differently is - in my opinion - guilty of undermining the very thing that they say they care most about. This team may be heading for League 1, but some people seem very close to wishing it upon us in order to win a notional argument with someone who isn't very interested in what they think anyway.

That is now the crux of it for me - the level of mutual distrust is so great that it is hard to see a way out of it. Someone has to do something to break the impasse we are in, and as it happens, I think that should be the chairman, because whilst he does not have any particular obligation to deliver results, he does have a moral obligation to protect the well-being of the club.

That does not however, give our supporters a free pass. Some of the behaviour on social media in particular has been shameful, and the sooner our support rallies around its two representative bodies - AND TRUSTS THEM TO SPEAK FOR THEM - the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry, ranged rather wider than the topic of the OP, but it seemed worth saying.

Lee Clark on 20:42 - Oct 29 with 932 viewsstraightatthewall

You're right that none of us know what has gone on, but 5 managers in 2 seasons all with the same issues and all with the same end result tells me where the problem lies. As I've asked you before, tell me where the gain was for Riga to act up almost immediately. It's damn hard to answer that question. The answer to the question 'what did karl have to gain in appointing a manager who was deemed as a popular choice when season tickets weren't selling?' is pretty easy to answer. We're this the first time we'd ever had this situation, I'd be willing to accept that there's a debate to be had. But I'll revisit the point; 5 managers in 2 seasons. Soon to be 6. It's not about portraying good v evil, it's about recognising that the problem doesn't lie with someone wanting to pay a player in euros or to a Greek bank account.

I'm not demanding you see it my way, I'm just telling you that the way you see it is quite clearly wrong when it comes to establishing why we find ourselves in this position once more. Perhaps that's arrogant of me, but in this case I don't know what else is worth saying.

Lee Clark on 20:57 - Oct 29 with 905 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I don't think you're arrogant SATW, that would be unfair. And you make a perfectly fair point about the last two seasons. It has been one long litany of problems and misjudgements that the chairman has to own as his own.

However, all that guff about making a popular appointment to flog season tickets is just conspiracy theory bollocks in my view. Popular with whom, exactly? Most of our fans had never heard of him.

Lee Clark on 21:53 - Oct 29 with 843 viewsMephistopheles

I'm still firmly on the camp that says no manager will ever get a fair crack at proving their ability because they're stymied by default from the start.

I repeat again this is not new and has been going on for two decades at least. Belokon and Allardyce eras aside the norm has been truly and woefully short for a professional football club, though in the 'olden days' we accepted it as we honestly all believed there wasn't a penny to spare.

Now we've had a huge windfall and the immediate two years that have followed Belokon's investments tailing off have been KO's worst yet. He outdoes himself constantly and we're so far through the bottom of the barrel... 5 managers ALL with the same obstructions and barbed wire (and two of those (Ince, Fergie) nowhere near the standard required IMO).

I never thought of myself as hate-filled and 100% anti-O and I even agreed with his stance on certain topics etc. But those accounts, the dreadful behaviour shown towards the playing side versus off -the-field interests has given me no alternative than to lean one way.

Until they are gone or they manage to rope in another Belokon (under god knows what pretenses) we have NO CHANCE of competing.

Lee Clark on 22:06 - Oct 29 with 824 viewsRusty2Stands

Robbie, so you don't think Koko would be that cynical do you? To appoint a manager to sell a few season tickets, to squeeze a few more pounds out of the supporters?
Well I'm sorry but in my opinion I do think he would be that cynical.
Don't forget Riga won a Gazette poll as fans' first choice. So obviously quite a few of the fans had heard of him.
His Charlton team demolished us at the end of last season remember.
Koko is the man who has consistently told lie after lie after lie at season ticket renewal time, year after year after year.
He is lower than a snake's balls.

This is the man who has caused untold damage to the football club we all love.
And he's continuing to cause more and more damage. His list of gaffs and blunders increases up almost daily.
You might want to see the best in him, and not to believe he could be that cynical.
Fine that's your choice.
My opinion is I wouldn't trust him one bit and the only time he isn't lying is when his blundering mouth is shut.
If you can't see by now what an utter liability he is to BFC, well I'm staggered to be honest.
I sincerely wish Lee Clark all the luck in the world. It's not his fault that he's coming in to such a toxic atmosphere. He should get the full backing of every single fan in my opinion.
That toxic atmosphere is the fault of one man, and one man only.
And it's not Lee Clark.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024