Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest legal action 17:26 - Apr 21 with 2224 viewsWizaard

Taking on the Sun for defamation. This will be interesting.

Latest legal action on 19:39 - Apr 21 with 2172 viewsscratchingshed

Anyone else find it amazing how the club can issue a statement regarding defamation charges but it cannot make a statement on our relegation to league one being a cash rich club?

Absolutely amazing someone needs to give Owen and his clown of a son a good shake to wake them up.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 21:04]

Latest legal action on 21:23 - Apr 21 with 2123 viewsPNENIL

The fact that this statement has been issued today after a long silence shows they are rattled after a weekend when they have taken a battering .
Will they really sue the sun? It just seems a quick answer to me to all the criticism they have had for picking on individual fans and not bigger organisations. I doubt anything will come of it .
Its certainly all out civil war now . The club will never be anything again until they sell up and leave.

Latest legal action on 16:12 - Apr 22 with 2020 viewsseasider13

Very interesting if they take on the Sun, but that rag has been sued successfully before, nothing gets in the way of a story for that paper.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Latest legal action on 19:18 - Apr 22 with 1978 viewsjanegallagher

Does anyone know for which article?

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Latest legal action on 19:21 - Apr 22 with 1978 viewsbfcpete

Seeing at the Os have featured heavily in the national media over recent months , what makes the Sun coverage different?

Latest legal action on 20:11 - Apr 22 with 1965 viewsribble

I can't point anyone in the direction of the piece itself (and I expect it will have long been taken down in any case) but I do remember seeing something on their website which repeated some of the more salacious accusations you see flying about and being surprised that they ran with it.

The Oystons aren't going to take on The Sun without being pretty certain of winning - Murdoch has very deep pockets and can easily afford to take them all the way. So unless the Sun has something up its sleeve I'd expect another out of court settlement.

Latest legal action on 17:10 - Apr 23 with 1881 viewsseasider13

I read an article by the Sun reporter Kelvin McKenzie on page 16 of todays paper, and I'm not prepared to repeat any of it, but suffice to say i can understand the OO taking them to court.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Latest legal action on 18:34 - Apr 23 with 1860 viewsWizaard

I read it too. The lawyers have been all over it and the truth is, there's nothing there that isn't a fact.

They were careful to note that Franks comments were 'obviously untrue' but otherwise, unpalatable as it may be, what was there to go to court on?

Sticks in the throat because it's Kelvin 'hillsborough' Mackenzie, mind.

Latest legal action on 21:35 - Apr 23 with 1821 viewsribble

There was nothing in today's piece which would attract further attention from the Oyston's lawyers but I did wonder of it was a warning shot at the Os on the basis of 'you make life difficult for us and we'll make life difficult for you'.

And I agree - Mackenzie as a 'friend of the fans' is pretty hard to stomach given the Sun's despicable behaviour in the immediate aftermath of Hillsborough under his editorship.

Latest legal action on 14:15 - Apr 24 with 1768 viewsoneswallow

One day someone will take him on with the legal briefs to be able to embarrass him in court - have always thought that they don't want to sell because they don't want to open an Aladin's Cave of accounts!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024