Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Miserable Hunt!! 19:29 - Oct 31 with 627 views1953Original

The Irish midfielder was on the verge of signing for the Tangerines little more than a year ago, but ending up walking away following what he felt was a disrespectful last-minute moving of the goalposts.

Instead he joined Ipswich Town on a pay-as-you-play deal, celebrating wildly in the direction of the directors’ box as the Blues secured a dramatic 3-2 win at Bloomfield Road on his debut.

Town head to Blackpool again tomorrow with both teams at opposite ends of the table. While Mick McCarthy’s side are just five points behind league-leaders Derby, the Tangerines are rock-bottom having claimed just six points from a possible 42.

“Thank God I didn’t join them,” said Hunt.

“Listen, it worked out for the best because I’m happy where I am now. I’m delighted to be at Ipswich.

“It’s gone now. I’m delighted to be at Ipswich and to be pushing for the Premier League. That’s where I want to be again.”

Reflecting on his reaction at Bloomfields last November, the 32-year-old said: “It was just a matter of letting all my emotions out.

“For them to do what they did to me I just thought was disrespectful to a professional footballer. It wasn’t pretty.

“We had agreed a deal, I turned up and said I’d do a two-day medical.

“My agent travelled up from London to complete the deal, then when he got there the deal had been swivelled around. We decided to walk away out of principle.

“It was never about money. I proved that by playing here for free for six weeks, only getting appearance money.

“I had a clear conscience about the whole thing, put it like that.”

Paul Ince was in charge of Blackpool back then, but Barry Ferguson ended up seeing the season out as caretaker boss, with summer recruit Jose Riga dismissed on Monday after the club’s poor start to the campaign.

Recently sacked Birmingham manager Lee Clark was appointed yesterday and Hunt said that could impact the game.

“Facing a team with a new manager is an absolute nightmare,” he said. “They’ll be up for it, so we’ll have to try and kill that early on by getting a goal if we can.”

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Miserable Hunt!! on 19:53 - Oct 31 with 611 viewsTejas

I'm more than happy to heap more blame on the "evil one", but Footballers are not angels are they. For me, Hunt very conveniently leaves out the exact details of how exactly KO changed things and what exactly was disrespectful.

Miserable Hunt!! on 20:13 - Oct 31 with 596 viewspooljimbo

It's not the first time we've heard of Oyston changing deals at the last minute though is it?

Getting people agreed on a deal, having them travel etc. and then moving the goalposts at the last minute is pretty sly really.

We missed out on Hunt because of this, which is not a massive loss I suppose, but who else have we missed out in the past because of this? Did something similar happen with Charlie Austin?

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Miserable Hunt!! on 20:18 - Oct 31 with 588 viewsTejas

Who knows Jimbo, I doubt we'll ever find out. I'm just not prepared to believe footballers are squeeky clean. Just for the record, I wouldn't trust Karl Oyston to pay my paper bill.

Miserable Hunt!! on 08:17 - Nov 1 with 537 viewswespens

Well let's hope he has an absolute shocker today - but well done to the lad for exposing another murky, shady Oyston deal!!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Miserable Hunt!! on 12:59 - Nov 1 with 503 viewsOldSkool

Players/agents talk.
It is little wonder BFC are a last resort for many players.

Koko is a liability.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024