Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was the pen Nile Ranger missed been our only one? 15:37 - Apr 5 with 1392 viewsBFC_Tim

Just thinking - has that been our one pen this season - was it against Blackburn?

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Was the pen Nile Ranger missed been our only one? on 15:42 - Apr 5 with 1391 viewsPoolman

Think it was Watford - they scored one, Ranger missed one and we should have had another one. Think it has been our only penalty this season but we've not been in the box much!!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Was the pen Nile Ranger missed been our only one? on 16:39 - Apr 5 with 1373 viewsjanegallagher

What happened to Nile Ranger, where is he? Says he's still on Blackpool payroll.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Was the pen Nile Ranger missed been our only one? on 16:41 - Apr 5 with 1373 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne here,

Yes, Pool v Watford, Tuesday 16th September 2014, at Bloomfield Road.

Pool lost 1-0.

Has that really been Pool's only penalty 2014-15? Off the top of Osbourne's head, Osbourne thinks it is? I stand to be corrected though?

What ever happened to Nile? Osbourne liked him.

There was infact an amusing story associated with the "Ranger penalty miss." Well, amusing in as much as it made Osbourne chuckle to himself, which in light of various lampoons, that have been fired Osbourne's way on AVFTT, means others might not find it funny. Anyway, here it is.

The official penalty taker that night was going to be Peter Clarke. Clarke was Riga's chosen man, who Riga had worked with on the practice ground.

It had been rumoured via various sources that Nile Ranger, because shall we say, of his "track record" at various clubs, ie problems with the establishment at Newcastle and none attendance at training at Swindon. That Nile Ranger had been picked up by Pool on a small weekly retainer with incentives for appearances and goals.

Albeit, it was Nile who was fouled for the Pool penalty. By the time that Peter Clarke had arrived to consider the penalty kick. Nile had snatched the ball away and announced that he was going to take it. Pound signs on Nile's corneas no doubt! If memory serves me correctly, it was late on in the game and Pool were 1-0 down.

I was in the West Stand. I can remember thinking to myself, Nile's taking it. A goal is worth a good few hundred pounds to him, stick it home Nile.

"O no, he's missed." I can't remember what happened, whether it was a save, post hit or clean miss. I think he hit the post.

Not funny at the time, but once one realised the "story of the Ranger penalty," one has got to at least smile, hasn't one? Osbourne does anyway!

What did happen to Nile? Osbourne liked him.
Didn't Clark send out an SOS message via the national press of : "If anyone sees this man, please contact me!"
Osbourne hopes Nile is ok. Is he at another club now?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2015 16:43]

Was the pen Nile Ranger missed been our only one? on 17:01 - Apr 5 with 1365 viewsOsbourne

Late extra about Pool's only penalty of 2014-15 - thus far.

Nile Ranger came on as a substitute in the 72nd minute.

Watford were 1-0 up via a scored penalty in the 68th minute.

Ranger was brought down in the Watford box. In the 81st minute, Ranger, taking the penalty himself, struck a right footed shot which hit the right post and unfortunately for Pool rebounded to safety.

There is the story of the Ranger penalty miss. Funny.

Riga was the manager and at that point in the season Osbourne thinks that Pool had one point for the home draw with Wolves.

Blimey.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024