Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where were you Bradford fire day? 11:32 - May 11 with 1934 viewsAVFTTConvert

Always remember that I was watching us play Wrexham that day and of course it was before the days of social media etc but one of the lads in the West was listening to the radio and said there'd been a fire at Valley Parade - of course at the time we were surrounded by a largely wooden stand and when you think back beneath the seats at the back of the west there was assorts of rubbish stored. Never really realised the enormity of it and as a 15 year old lad I just remember crying that night and saying I was never going to return to football. Hard to believe it was 30 years ago. Am pretty sure there was a song brought out not long after for the families of those who killed and I went out and bought it - was it a cover version of 'You'll never walk alone'. Horrible day that will always stick with me.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

Where were you Bradford fire day? on 21:38 - May 11 with 1889 viewsribble

I was on a BASIL lads weekend away - in Blackpool obviously. What with one thing and another (i.e. beer) we were all completely unaware of the events at Bradford until I brought an armful of newspapers back to the B & B the next morning. Complete shock all round.

Where were you Bradford fire day? on 22:48 - May 11 with 1881 viewsPlumbs

I was walking back to our coach after the riot at Birmingham,contemplating what it was all about with people also walking back but with wounds and gashes from what went on.

An absolutely appalling day where a 15 year old lad-Ian Hambridge- had been killed by a falling wall during the nonsense.Heard about Bradford on the radio but had no idea what was going on,but the pictures on TV when we got back put that right.

Not long after we had Heysel and the government at the time did the right thing.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Where were you Bradford fire day? on 23:05 - May 11 with 1875 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

On the day we commemorated the tenth anniversary we were at Bradford. One of the most moving occasions of my life, certainly.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Where were you Bradford fire day? on 23:32 - May 11 with 1864 viewsribble

Must admit I'd forgotten that the Birmingham incident was on the same day. A dreadful time for football.
[Post edited 11 May 2015 23:41]

Where were you Bradford fire day? on 12:53 - May 12 with 1821 viewsHarryHorse

Had been from Lancaster to Walsall to watch Burnley get relegated which was reciprocating an arrangement with a Burnley supporting mate who had come with me to see us go up . Blackpool promoted and Burnley & Preston both going to the bottom tier for I think the first time , should have been memorable and was but for all the wrong reasons as events elsewhere put all into perspective
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024