Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doggies 22:05 - Mar 14 with 132 viewsLala

After talking about Spuds pig Boy I’m thinking of getting a dog, have been for a while.

Am looking around online and am not sure if there are certain things I should be looking out for.

Any tips?

I want a Bassett hound as I think their personality would suit mine and my lifestyle.

What dog suits you and why? And tips on buying greatly appreciated.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Doggies on 22:11 - Mar 14 with 129 viewsspudgun

Try not to buy Lala, there are rescue centres for many dog breeds...

Doggies on 22:14 - Mar 14 with 125 viewsjanegallagher

Yes a rescue dog would be nice. Imagine the steps you’ll do 😀

I just love dogs, would never be without one.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Doggies on 22:22 - Mar 14 with 121 viewsspell_chekker

You've got to be practical about it. Where you're living and how much space you've got.

Rescue dogs are a good idea but can also be temperamental if they've been mistreated.

I love dogs except for those nasty ones, or rather their owners. Those dangerous dogs often tend to attract certain types of owners.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Doggies on 22:54 - Mar 14 with 112 viewsLala

I would love a rescue dog! My only other dog was rescue from a place near the River Wyre pub.

Where do you get one from these days.

I am also concerned that rescue dogs maybe vulnerable to being left alone because of past trauma.
I would be able to walk it morning, lunch and evening but it would be left for a 4 hour spell morning and then again afternoon.

Thoughts?

Doggies on 00:32 - Mar 15 with 103 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Rescue dog is the way. Honestly getting a pet via a online seller should be banned, too many horror stories imo.

There are many rescue charities locally, such as the RSPCA Blackpool and North Lancashire Branch which is located in Stalmine on Old Toms Lane in Lancashire, FY6 0JR. There are others who are just as good as well.

Talk to them, let them know what you can do, and don't forget to mention the fact you spend a lot of time with young children.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Doggies on 00:37 - Mar 15 with 101 viewsLala

All good points Red, thanks.

Will redirect my search a little and see where I get. Thanks

*passes matchmakers *

Doggies on 00:47 - Mar 15 with 99 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

When/If you do get a Dog, get pet insurance. You'll be thankful in the long run. When my cat was run over, had a vet bill of over £1500, and that was 6 years ago.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Doggies on 07:44 - Mar 15 with 86 viewsjanegallagher

I’m quite disciplined I put money away for my dogs instead of pet insurance. I find the vet bills triples when they know you’ve got pet ins.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Doggies on 07:56 - Mar 15 with 81 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Jane

That vet bill was about 3 months after he moved in. Didn't have insurance at the time. Goes to the vet once a year at the moment for a check up, jabs and claws clipped, costs about £70 - £80. Insurance costs me about £200 a year, but I rather have it than not, as he gets older.

Doggies on 08:18 - Mar 15 with 77 viewsjanegallagher

Yes I understand that. I just have my own pet fund 😀

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Doggies on 08:33 - Mar 15 with 74 viewsspudgun

Mrs spudgun does most of our dog routine maintenance (worming, clipping, shearing etc), but there is a lady at Pilling who she has just discovered who does stuff at a very reasonable price. I think she used to work at a vets. Anyway, Mrs spud was very impressed with her...

Doggies on 10:56 - Mar 15 with 66 views3goalsfred

Lots of good advice on here. Mrs Fred and I have always had dogs and we currently have a very beautiful 12 year old Labradoodle called Ollie.
I would only echo Jane's advice about self insuring by putting money away instead of funding a pet insurance company. We had Ollie insured from him being a pup and the monthly payments have risen dramatically. The vet knows we’re insured so he inflates the bill and the insurance company covers this off by whacking up our monthly payments. There’s no guarantees you’ll be better off but the money's in your account and not theirs. We try to do this for all our other 'little ' insurances, kitchen goods the home domestic stuff. It can be surprising what you don’t need to pay out.
Just the ramblings of an old git!

Fred

Doggies on 12:26 - Mar 15 with 59 viewsspell_chekker

I've got the minimum insurance coverage too. Just enough for me to be legal.

Even if there's an accident and you claim insurance, your claim can often be reduced or even refused.

Still feeling a little chesty Fred?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024