Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crawley 1 Tranmere 0... 20:40 - Apr 15 with 428 viewswessex_exile

...at half-time - keep it up Crawley :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Crawley 1 Tranmere 0... on 21:31 - Apr 15 with 418 viewswessex_exile

2-0 now, with 4 minutes plus injury-time to go - looking good!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Crawley 1 Tranmere 0... on 22:27 - Apr 15 with 410 viewsnoah4x4

2 - 0. The BBC 'shots on target' suggests Tranmere might have been a tad unlucky, but no complaints from any U's fans! Now we want Crawley to repeat this and eliminate Carlisle's game in hand and also spoil Notts County's escape route Our GD is now of even bigger value as it is a barrier for six teams (and we only have to outrun four).

Tranmere (on 46) now face Gillingham (a); Blades (h); Orient (a); Bradford (h). Frankly, I think I would sooner be in U's shoes than this steep end of season challenge.

Notts County (43) face Bristol City (a); Crawley (h); Swindon (h); Oldham (a). Maybe Notts C are the favourites to escape (with the U's) given recent good form.

Carlisle (on 43) on the back of a 6-1 drubbing have the most shocking challenge; Walsall (h); Peterborough (a); Oldham (h); Crawley (a); Wolves (a). I doubt if they will pick up more than four points from these.

Crewe (43) face Shrewsbury (away) on Good Friday so one of these teams must drop 3 or both drop 2. Then it's Colchester (h); Bristol City (a); Preston (h). If the U's take a point they might be doomed if they prior fail against the Shrews.

Shrewsbury (41) face Crewe (home as above) then; Preston (a); Peterborough (h); Gillingham (a). Not too much encouragement for them there.

Stevenage (39) face Sheffield Utd (a); Bristol City (h); Walsall (h) and Brentford (a). they already look doomed.

What is intriging is that Gillingham and Oldham could also suddenly become vulnerable if Tranmere and the U's (respectively) both win on Friday. The Gills must then play Walsall (a); Preston (a) and finally Shrewsbury (h). Oldham must then face Carlisle (a) and Notts County (h) so more points dropped by our rivals; plus the Blades and Coventry. So in three "six pointers" Oldham could soar or be doomed.

Tonights Crawley 2 -0 Tranmere was hence a massive result.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 22:29]
Crawley 1 Tranmere 0... on 00:06 - Apr 16 with 394 viewsdurham_exile

Crawley 1 Tranmere 0... on 22:27 - Apr 15 by noah4x4

2 - 0. The BBC 'shots on target' suggests Tranmere might have been a tad unlucky, but no complaints from any U's fans! Now we want Crawley to repeat this and eliminate Carlisle's game in hand and also spoil Notts County's escape route Our GD is now of even bigger value as it is a barrier for six teams (and we only have to outrun four).

Tranmere (on 46) now face Gillingham (a); Blades (h); Orient (a); Bradford (h). Frankly, I think I would sooner be in U's shoes than this steep end of season challenge.

Notts County (43) face Bristol City (a); Crawley (h); Swindon (h); Oldham (a). Maybe Notts C are the favourites to escape (with the U's) given recent good form.

Carlisle (on 43) on the back of a 6-1 drubbing have the most shocking challenge; Walsall (h); Peterborough (a); Oldham (h); Crawley (a); Wolves (a). I doubt if they will pick up more than four points from these.

Crewe (43) face Shrewsbury (away) on Good Friday so one of these teams must drop 3 or both drop 2. Then it's Colchester (h); Bristol City (a); Preston (h). If the U's take a point they might be doomed if they prior fail against the Shrews.

Shrewsbury (41) face Crewe (home as above) then; Preston (a); Peterborough (h); Gillingham (a). Not too much encouragement for them there.

Stevenage (39) face Sheffield Utd (a); Bristol City (h); Walsall (h) and Brentford (a). they already look doomed.

What is intriging is that Gillingham and Oldham could also suddenly become vulnerable if Tranmere and the U's (respectively) both win on Friday. The Gills must then play Walsall (a); Preston (a) and finally Shrewsbury (h). Oldham must then face Carlisle (a) and Notts County (h) so more points dropped by our rivals; plus the Blades and Coventry. So in three "six pointers" Oldham could soar or be doomed.

Tonights Crawley 2 -0 Tranmere was hence a massive result.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 22:29]

It doesn't matter about any other permutations, two more U's wins will do the trick.

52 points and we can look forward to Barnsley, Yeovil, Millwall!!!! and possibly Blackpool or probably Charlton next year!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Crawley 1 Tranmere 0... on 06:32 - Apr 16 with 385 viewsnoah4x4

The trouble is Durham; the U's have only twice put 'back to back' wins together all season (our opening two league wins were punctuated by a cup defeat), but one was the combination of 0-2 Oldham and 4-0 Stevenage pre-and during Xmas.

Repeat the same over Easter and we will all relax. I do think other results may matter on Good Friday given the fixtures around us. We might even be (barring a bizarre sequence of results) safe before Easter Sunday.

Let us pray.......
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 6:34]
Crawley 1 Tranmere 0... on 07:20 - Apr 16 with 376 viewsdurham_exile

Crawley 1 Tranmere 0... on 06:32 - Apr 16 by noah4x4

The trouble is Durham; the U's have only twice put 'back to back' wins together all season (our opening two league wins were punctuated by a cup defeat), but one was the combination of 0-2 Oldham and 4-0 Stevenage pre-and during Xmas.

Repeat the same over Easter and we will all relax. I do think other results may matter on Good Friday given the fixtures around us. We might even be (barring a bizarre sequence of results) safe before Easter Sunday.

Let us pray.......
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 6:34]

Noah - Freddie is on fire and vying with Jabo for top goal scorer - incredibly all four games are winnable.

We could even finish with 58 points, mid table security!!!

Just as Bury was a defining game last season, Stevenage will prove to be this.

I want the U's to finish the season strongly, no last game drama at the Bescot, we want to be safe ASAP.

More than anything we need to defeat the Bees. Already assured of promotion, they will have up to 3,000 supporters at the WHCS and if we are already safe by then the legend that is Doogie can have a cameo role and Clinton will also bow out at that match.

Enjoy the game against against the Latics, another double hopefully.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024