Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latics in town today - Come on the U's 10:19 - Apr 18 with 680 viewsdurham_exile

JD buoyed by three vital points at the Lamex and his performance on Late Kick Off returns to the WHCS today to entertain another team struggling at the wrong end of the table.

The Latics are not yet safe and will not want to roll over today.

JD could name an almost unchanged team today. I think that he will welcome Brian Wilson back and Craig Eastmond will warm the bench. Unlikely to risk David Wright after concussion, therefore:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Eastman Wynter

Bean Gilbey

Massey Sears Watt

Ibehre

Subs:

Cousins, Olufemi, Eastmond, Kent, Vose, Morrison, Drey Wright

Two more victories against Oldham and Crewe and we can relax and entertain Brentford with Doogie and Clinton Morrison playing their last games for the club.

No complacency today, plenty of high temp attacking football. A bumper crowd and pleasant Spring sunshine.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 16:43 - Apr 18 with 653 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester 21 shots 7 on target

Oldham 4 shots 1 on target

Scoreline U's 0 Oldham 1

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 17:06 - Apr 18 with 648 viewsdurham_exile

Things can only get better!

League Table after Good Friday games!

COLCHESTER 43 -12 46
Tranmere 43 -24 46
Crewe 43 -27 46

Carlisle 42 -26 44
Notts Co 43 -16 43
Shrewsbury 43 -16 41
Stevenage 42 -22 39

Any four from seven to go down.

Today Col U 24 shots 7 on target 13 corners, Latics 4 shots 1 on target 1 corner.
Result 0-1 - Technical term is bo**ocks!

The WHCS must have one of those so called gypsy curses on it. Simply not good enough.

Gresty Road on Monday now becomes a huge game, massive, ginormous, gargantuan!!!
Definitely a must not lose game!

Not for those of a nervous disposition.

The Bescot last game drama, I do hope not but it is looking increasingly likely.

Up the U's

[Post edited 18 Apr 2014 17:07]

Durham_exile

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 17:12 - Apr 18 with 635 viewsBluenWightExile

Cuckoo Farm is a hope less place. Not a hopeless place.
We have far more chance away it seems and have done for several seasons.
I am glad we have Cuckoo Farm but I do not believe the U's have ever managed themselves there in such a way as it becomes part of our football soul.
It just isn't...............yet.
I remain hopeful but Noah must continue to convince me in a season where my own observation is that we have made scant progress at all.

Up the U's

Pinault-noir

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 20:56 - Apr 18 with 557 viewsmfb_cufc

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 17:06 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Things can only get better!

League Table after Good Friday games!

COLCHESTER 43 -12 46
Tranmere 43 -24 46
Crewe 43 -27 46

Carlisle 42 -26 44
Notts Co 43 -16 43
Shrewsbury 43 -16 41
Stevenage 42 -22 39

Any four from seven to go down.

Today Col U 24 shots 7 on target 13 corners, Latics 4 shots 1 on target 1 corner.
Result 0-1 - Technical term is bo**ocks!

The WHCS must have one of those so called gypsy curses on it. Simply not good enough.

Gresty Road on Monday now becomes a huge game, massive, ginormous, gargantuan!!!
Definitely a must not lose game!

Not for those of a nervous disposition.

The Bescot last game drama, I do hope not but it is looking increasingly likely.

Up the U's

[Post edited 18 Apr 2014 17:07]

Don't be fooled by the stats Durham, we were rubbish AGAIN.

Our unlikely bogey team Crewe (we have lost our last ten league games against them) up next, we will be lucky to get another point this season.

mfb

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 22:58 - Apr 18 with 515 viewsdurham_exile

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 20:56 - Apr 18 by mfb_cufc

Our unlikely bogey team Crewe (we have lost our last ten league games against them) up next, we will be lucky to get another point this season.

mfb - potentially no more points would be a truly grim prospect, and would mean almost certain relegation.

It looks as though Stevenage and Shrewsbury have effectively gone, therefore it is between Notts County, Carlisle, Tranmere, Crewe and the U's for the other two places.

I'm afraid another last day decider is on the cards. I can't believe that Brentford (already automatically promoted) will do us any favours. If you are right and we lose at Gresty Road then it comes down to the Bescot. Not an appealing thought.

We have to believe that the U's can secure a victory on Monday.

What concerns me more than anything is that if we did go down, I couldn't see any immediate return.

I have to banish any such thoughts. We simply have to win on Easter Monday.
Our fate is still in our own hands, but anything less than 3 points against the Railwaymen and we are relying on other teams to do us favours!

I am going to all three matches, must look on the bright side!

Keep the faith,

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 09:31 - Apr 19 with 463 viewswessex_exile

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 20:56 - Apr 18 by mfb_cufc

In recent seasons that would certainly appear to be the case, though actually overall we've won more than we've lost at Crewe (In fact, we've won more than half of all games played against Crewe).

We battered them 4-1 in the FA Cup a couple of seasons ago - that was my first trip to Gresty Rd, Monday will be my second

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 09:45 - Apr 19 with 461 viewsdurham_exile

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 09:31 - Apr 19 by wessex_exile

In recent seasons that would certainly appear to be the case, though actually overall we've won more than we've lost at Crewe (In fact, we've won more than half of all games played against Crewe).

We battered them 4-1 in the FA Cup a couple of seasons ago - that was my first trip to Gresty Rd, Monday will be my second

Wessex - I was at Gresty Road when Perry Groves scored a hat trick for the U's in a 4-1 win.
Some years ago now of course.

Now can Freddie Sears emulate that feat on Easter Monday!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 17:45 - Apr 19 with 429 viewsPaddyA140

Late starter as I am to this season (Brizzle, Tranmere, Oldham - got my Brentford ticket too), I still feel we'll stay up. Not sure why, but I came away yesterday feeling oddly positive in that 'there's enough about us not to go down' sort of way. We took a while to get going but don't think we played at all badly, second half especially. Our biggest failing was a lack of finishing which bit us on the @rse. Oldham offered little: the only talking point about them was their no.4's iffy hairdo(n't).

You guys know a lot more than I about this season's up and downs but I feel there's a result in us yet that'll keep us up. I thought Gilbey and Bean had strong games yesterday and if we could only keep the ball down a little more then Sears surely has goals in him if it comes into feet. There's a little too much bypassing of the midfield but my memory tells me that's a bit of League 1 thing.

Am doing the sums on whether I can afford a season ticket for 2014-15.

up the u's
Login to get fewer ads

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 21:29 - Apr 19 with 405 viewsnoah4x4

Am I the only one that thought we were unlucky against Oldham?

Oldham had one shot on target and still didn't score. Their goal was a cross to nobody in the box that took a cruel deflection. By contrast; why don't we get a few breaks.
Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 08:49 - Apr 20 with 387 viewsthrillseeker

Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 21:29 - Apr 19 by noah4x4

Am I the only one that thought we were unlucky against Oldham?

Oldham had one shot on target and still didn't score. Their goal was a cross to nobody in the box that took a cruel deflection. By contrast; why don't we get a few breaks.

Nope, I thought we were unlucky to lose too.

My bigger worry is the lack of urgency shown by the players. Do they not know we are in a relegation battle?

I didn't think we played as bad as other performances this season but then again I didn't think we were good either
Latics in town today - Come on the U's on 10:35 - Apr 20 with 379 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I agree with both the above. We definitely didn't deserve to lose but did we do enough to win? Two points to one in our favour would probably have been a fair reflection but it was Oldham that somehow managed to steal all three. I also thought we were pretty unlucky, every bounce or ricochet seemed to go against us and the team tried hard, Watt apart. I am so frustrated with Sanchez undoubtedly a talented footballer but doesn't look interested at the moment. Is it not fit? If he is carrying an injury then he shouldn't be playing as it's not fair on him or anyone else for that matter. Get Vose in there so can take another corner where the ball is two foot from the quadrant! Strangely I feel that this is one of the best footballing squads we've had in a long time but maybe you need something different in League One, you certainly do in League Two!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024