Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget HS2 - the U's must derail the Railwaymen on Monday at Gresty Road....... 22:40 - Apr 19 with 588 viewsdurham_exile

JD takes his charges to Gresty Road on Easter Monday in what will be the season defining game.

With only three games left 46 points is insufficient to avoid the dreaded drop to league two.

We must therefore secure two wins to be absolutely certain of survival. 52 points will definitely do but only 49 might be enough, but only if we can win at Crewe.

The team surely know by now what is required of them, but it is largely up to JD to inspire, motivate and encourage. His team talk should be easy; just show them Kenilworth Road in late November, but if that is insufficient he could do worse than to take a leaf from some of the great motivational speakers who have influenced others to do the right thing and ensure that their performance is not found wanting…………………

Something along the lines of the following all delivered by great motivators in their chosen field:

“Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.”

“If you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”

“Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”

“You can’t just sit and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You’ve got to get out there and make it happen for yourself.”

“Do just once what others say you can’t do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.”

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”

“All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim; have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible.”

“To accomplish great things we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.”

“You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself.”

“Either take the chance and make achieving your dreams a possibility or don’t, and make living with regret a certainty.”

“You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.”

“Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen.”

“In the end, what we regret most are the chances we never took.”

“Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.”

“Thinking will not overcome fear, but action will.”

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily.”

“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.”

“Losers visualize the penalties of failure. Winners visualize the rewards of success.”

The XI who take the field of play on Monday need to consider all of the above in order to ensure that they do not fail in their task to secure three vital points to keep our club in league one.

JD will probably line up like this in a 4,2,3,1 formation:

Walker

Wilson Magnus Eastman Wynter

Bean Gilbey

Massey Sears Watt

Ibehre

Subs:

Cousins, Dickson, Drey Wright, Kent, Eastmond, Vose, Morrison

Salvation is still in our own hands; defeat on Monday will however mean a last day decider at the Bescot. It could however be a blow from which there is no way back.

Time for the players to stand up and be counted.

Time for the faithful to back their team one more time.

Time for JD to take a leaf out of Michael Jordan’s book:

“I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying (no hard work).

I've missed over 9,000 shots in my career.
I've lost almost 300 games.
26 times I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed.
I've failed over and over and over again in my life.
And that is why I succeed.”

Safe travelling to all U’s faithful.

Come on, keep the faith we can do this together.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Forget HS2 - the U's must derail the Railwaymen on Monday at Gresty Road....... on 08:45 - Apr 20 with 571 viewsthrillseeker

I'm still confident we will stay up but even my optimism will be stretched with a defeat at Crewe.

The worst acceptable result is a draw
Forget HS2 - the U's must derail the Railwaymen on Monday at Gresty Road....... on 14:37 - Apr 20 with 540 viewsBarsidepete

Forget HS2 - the U's must derail the Railwaymen on Monday at Gresty Road....... on 08:45 - Apr 20 by thrillseeker

I'm still confident we will stay up but even my optimism will be stretched with a defeat at Crewe.

Goal differential is still a joker in pocket the U's have, Steve. May be all we need. Stop with your pessimism, please.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Forget HS2 - the U's must derail the Railwaymen on Monday at Gresty Road....... on 09:00 - Apr 21 with 472 viewswessex_exile

Forget HS2 - the U's must derail the Railwaymen on Monday at Gresty Road....... on 08:45 - Apr 20 by thrillseeker

Yep, avoiding defeat must be the first priority, as I'm not confident of getting much from our last two games - though knowing the U's we'll probably go and pop Brentford's promotion party balloons with all three points...

...well, I can dream can't I?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Forget HS2 - the U's must derail the Railwaymen on Monday at Gresty Road....... on 11:03 - Apr 21 with 461 viewsburnsieespana

Enjoy game guys and give the U's a shout from me and please come back with the 3 points!
Forget HS2 - the U's must derail the Railwaymen on Monday at Gresty Road....... on 20:35 - Apr 21 with 424 viewsthrillseeker

Well we got the predictable draw I was expecting.

Looking forward to report from people who went

I've remained positive all season that we will NOT be relegated but have to admit I'm now getting concerned
Forget HS2 - the U's must derail the Railwaymen on Monday at Gresty Road....... on 20:59 - Apr 21 with 418 viewsBarsidepete

Forget HS2 - the U's must derail the Railwaymen on Monday at Gresty Road....... on 20:35 - Apr 21 by thrillseeker

Well we got the predictable draw I was expecting.

Looking forward to report from people who went

I've remained positive all season that we will NOT be relegated but have to admit I'm now getting concerned

In fairness, not a bad draw. I feel that even 1 more point is plenty.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024